Progressive overload: When I add more weight I don't feel the burn when I'm doing the exercise as much as the 5 kg...

Progressive overload: When I add more weight I don't feel the burn when I'm doing the exercise as much as the 5 kg lower weights i used on BP. Will I still get more gains than using the same weights, or am I maybe not using my chest as much as before due to too heavy weight?

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/fun/jamesk4.htm
youtu.be/25ia51YBoXU
youtube.com/watch?v=vKDYfRtfqng
docdro.id/cipUhzV
docdro.id/HQPqPtj
exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax.html
symmetricstrength.com/calculator/one_rep_max
twitter.com/AnonBabble

burn is an awful indicator of how hard your muscles are working

explain

bodybuilding.com/fun/jamesk4.htm

Growth is from the stimulation and firing of motor units. Burn is lactic acid. You get burn from aerobic excercise too.

Just add 5 pounds each workout you can hit 5 reps for 5 sets on compounds and 12 reps for 3 or 4 sets on other lifts

is he still playing his role wtf? also god damn she is beautiful

Can't help himself. He's played so many silent, brooding, moody protagonists that it's in his blood now.

your the same as me but i do 8 instead of 12

basically this; good form + increasing lifting weight + enough food = growth

>He's played so many silent, brooding, moody protagonists that it's in his blood now.
Probably because he can't act

>tf after she smiles
>she realizes she never will have his chad body
That's what qts like her consider peak of male attractiveness.

Posted this last night but didn't see any responses. This video states that 6 sets of 8-10 or 12-15 is optimal and 3 sets is a meme. It's this true?

youtu.be/25ia51YBoXU

I believe that lactic acid training is to be frowned upon too, but we can't disregard that there are whole (reputable) training routines which make lactic acid the absolute king. Drop sets, HIIT, HIIE.
It's a different approach, recent research shows that it's no better than traditional training on volume-equated routines. Still it may be of some interest for those with very little time to dedicate to the gym.
Sure systemic fatigue is a bitch and enhanced recovery is necessary (and lower training sessions per week too)

At what percentage of my 1RM should I be able to do 5 and 10-12 reps? Honestly I noticed biggest progress when I stopped doing the 5x5 or 3x12 routine and focues on 1-3 reps with highest weight (for chest nad squat only)

that fegget is parrotting youtube.com/watch?v=vKDYfRtfqng
I hate the clickbait titles Cavaliere uses for his fucking vids. I hate even more that gay dude. Most of the content is even agreeable, but imho you should not be a total novice to really grasp take-home points with a grain of salt.
What's true is that you should stay in ~40/60 1RM per muscle group per training session.
>docdro.id/cipUhzV
>docdro.id/HQPqPtj
so, assuming 12 reps = 67% 1RM, and that you're working at a submaximal RM (95%) in order to get more sets, and leaving out of the equation mesocycles and whatnot,
that's 12*3*67% 1RM *95% = ~23 1RM
so you need _two_ 3*12 exercises targeting the same muscle groups in order to get into the >40 1RM range
note that many muscles are trained indirectly with various exercises, don't add too much volume
the same applies if you go for 5*5*87% 1RM*95% = ~21 1RM
big muscle groups are usually better trained with low reps, but again, it's not a dogma
you can mix 5*5 with a 3*12

Back to us, rather than going for 6*10 I'd go with two variations of an exercise in the 3*12 range, hitting muscles in a slightly different fashion
e.g. incline 45° db bench press (5*5) and OHP (12*3), or flat bench (5*5) and chest exercises with cables (12*3), or lat machine (12*3) and bb pullover with bent arms (12*3)
4*8 is fine too
you don't hit a single muscle group with a single 3*12, that's the only take home point there

>and lower training sessions per week too
*fewer

>At what percentage of my 1RM should I be able to do 5 and 10-12 reps?
this is really a "QTDDTOT" question
exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax.html
Baechle's formula is the most used one

>Baechle's formula
Symmetric Strength uses Wathan's formula
>symmetricstrength.com/calculator/one_rep_max
but it's almost the same fucking thing (and it won't bother to estimate RMs over 10 reps)
2 RM is 95% in both
5 RM is 86% vs 87%
8RM is 78% vs 80%
10RM is 74% vs 75%
The NSCA manual uses Baechle, and the manual isn't stuck in '97 (also, that manual comes from the same foundation sponsoring the 1997 paper you find in symmetric-strength's references)

Thanks for the in depth response but can you dumb it down for me?

How dare you motherfucker. Ill call the bois on /tv/ on you.

12*3 + 12*3 > 12*6
or 12*3 + 5*5
two slightly different exercises are better than one (different stimuli hitting the same muscle group are worth something)

you're going to need to feel lactic acid or a "pump" if your focus is on sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. You don't get lactic acid with lower reps because you're not pushing your muscle glycogen for ATP provision to the point where lactic acid is even needed. Your nervous system is primarily responsible for these lower rep ranges

when you're struggling with a heavy weight and really grinding it up your nervous system is being adapted to recruit more fibers. The more fibers you can recruit, the heavier you will lift (and the more damage you can do to incite sarcoplasmic hypertrophy)