1/2/3/4 Plate & Linear Progression?

Veeky Forums often says that achieving 1/2/3/4 pl8 is the standard to show that you lift. Is it even possible to get all 4 through basic linear progression (e.g. Starting Strength and StrongLifts)?

How long would this realistically take?

I’d like some input from those that have actually achieved these numbers and not just anons doing basic math as though LP doesn’t have diminishing marginal gains.

Other urls found in this thread:

exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>lifting

Am able to do 60kgx5 after a year but only bench 80kgx5 lul

On average, about a year.

6-12 months depending on genetics

60kgx5 being ohp

It depends on your height/weight

exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.htm

These are much better to go by because they account for it. Aim for intermediate within ~6-12 months of serious committed lifting

I'm there (except deadlift since I am a pussy and don't wanna push myself).
Took me 2 years, but my genetics (and form) are trash, and I got injured twice (both of them took me out for 2 months).

Depends on where you start from. Anyone saying 6 months was either fat or athletic when they started, and already had perfect diet / sleep / knowledge about lifting.

I started lifting a year ago and I was morbidly obese and I'm at 1/2/3/4 practically (bench is like 195ish), why would someone that's fat (inactive fat, not like a linemen-type fat) have an advantage?

If it can take up to a year, why do I also see people made fun of for running SS or SL for more than 3-6 months?

Isn’t it a contradiction to hold that 1/2/3/4 pl8 is the end of the beginner phase, but at the same time, hold that you need intermediate programming to get there?

You already eat enough. That's half the proverbial right there.

1/2/3/4 is 1rm or for reps?

Because you already have quite a lot of muscle to start with, even if it's covered in a lot of fat.

>be morbidly obese
>be dyel
>restrict calories to 1700-2000
>start lifting

1rm

what kind of LBM do you think 600lb people have?

3x10

Holy shit this right here.

The 1/2/3/4 meme was just created by Veeky Forums because it looks good on paper. In reality, If you're 160 lbs and you bench 225 for 5, you're just getting into advanced level, but if you're the same weight and deadlift 405 for 5, then you're in the top 98% elite category according to Strength Level. It's proportionate garbage. Just keep lifting and keep getting strong on all the lifts.

*disproportionate

Does 1/2/3/4 mean 1rm?

nope, its for 30 consecutive reps each lift

More than untrained 120lb people have.
Also if you're actually 600lb it would take you many months just just to diet enough to get out of bed I assume. I'm talking about somewhat normal fat/obese people who would be able to just start lifting, not "American fats".

i am a 158 lbs 6 feet ripped lanklet

whats the maximun strenght i could aim for without gaining weight ?

That's because you're getting all your information from Veeky Forums, just because it's a smaller board doesn't make it immune to the trolling and general idiocy of this website.

>ripped

I always thought it was for reps.. Just ohp 1 plate today for 3x5, felt good,

Probably 1 pl8 OHP and 2 pl8 bench if you train your CNS to handle those loads. 3 pl8 squat and 4 pl8 deadlift is going to be much harder and take longer.

dude, this is Veeky Forums

half of the people here don't even lift and just e stat their shit to repost in threads. Just pay no attention

so its not possible to bench 350 lbs with those stats ? or deadlift 500 pounds, or even press 230 lbs squat 400 pounds ?

aren't you the user that wanted to gain weight?

>is it even possible
yes
>is it optimal
no
I hit my 1pl8 OHP (making 1/2/3/4) on day 364. My gains stagnated for probably 3 months while I kept doing SL5x5 when it was horribly sub-optimal. I would say you trade up to a better program around 160 bench/260 squat

at 158 6'0? Probably not without gear

Thanks for the tip. Did you keep grinding 5x5 or start peaking (3x5 then 3x3)?

If you did go down to 3x5 or 3x3, when did that happen?

nope

but gear would probably make you gain weight i guess

I dropped to 3x5 but I honestly don't remember the timing since it was 3 years ago. I wanna say it was at 255 squat around month 7. I did that and only made it up to 270 squat in the next 3 months. Then I did PHAT and hit 3pl8 in like 6 weeks.

What does someone look like usually when they hit 1/2/3/4?

>obese
>195 pound bench

Sure we good question that will never be answered. Height and weight would also be interesting.