What's a good Veeky Forums razor?

What's a good Veeky Forums razor?
Nothing autistic pls.

Merkur 38c.
Comfy to hold, cuts close, less irritating than plastic disposables, blades are cheap as fuck in bulk online

A safety razor you like.

This is a terrible thread, fuck you faggot.

this, blades run to a few cents each. modern disposables are the biggest gyp there is

Anyone tried this razor?

The only choice if you're trying to make it

Go walk to Ryan Reynolds house bitch

What?

bic disposables

pack of 8 is like $10

Disposables is what I been using.

this is the answer right here. learning to use it takes about 10 shaves but you learn your face very quickly. It's pretty relaxing once you get the hang of it and makes you feel like a fucking man.

Harry's is good

at first I thought it was a hipster thing, but like two years ago when I was still in the military and shaved daily, a merkur with some feather blades shaved better than any disposable I'd ever had. Never gave me razor burn either.

It's also nice to get some great quality shaving cream like Taylor of Old Bond Street along with a badger brush. Top tier shit.

>I own a razor

I use pic related. not only does it offer me a close shave, i have naturally curly facial so it kinda helps prevent the razor burn that multi blade razors give. Only downside is that since it does not shave as close as those 6 blade razors, you will be shaving more then once a week.

upside is that the blades are cheaps as fuck and if you get some decent ones you'll get a really good shave.

Any brands you'd recommend?
How easy is it to use a razor like this moving from using shitty bics?

I generally use a cheap blade holder handle that i got from amazon, where you want to splurge a little more is on the blades. if you get shitty blades then your nick up your face up

look on amazon for any handle. but for the blades i recommend derby premium blades.
if you have half a mind using a straight razor is easy. does not take alot of time to get used too at all. but expect some nicks on the first few shaves

You mean a safety razor in general, or that specific brand?

Yeah, I use a safety razor and it's Veeky Forums as fuck. A pack of 4-5 blades will last you half a year for only $5 maybe. And then you get a styptic pencil for about $2-3 and you get it wet and fix any nick you give yourself in a matter of seconds. Don't forget a nice post-shave lotion to soothe any irritable or sensitive skin.

And if you aren't using a safety or straight razor, you should be supporting Dollar Shave Club. Oh yeah, and remember to smoke tobacco, kids.

I just bought the one in that pic it was on sale.
And 5 blades that barely cost anything. Do you get a closer shave with this over disposables?

Fuck razors, use an electric trimmer for God's sake.

Trimmers are shit.

Trimmers aren't close enough of a shave for me. I prefer it to be as close as possible since my facial hair is a wildly different color from every other bit of hair on my body.

brass razors are shit, i had a brass edwin jagger and the head snapped off.

get a stainless steal one like a merkur 43c, ive had mine for 10 years. the heavier weight makes it more durable + it helps to get a smoother shave.

Razor's are for kids. Get a Xootr.

>Xootr
shit meme.

>Merkur
This, I don't go super autistic with them, so I don't know the differences, but I bought a 34c HD according to my Amazon history. It's got a short handle and I don't every really cut myself with it and I'm fast and sloppy, just like in bed.

I'd recommend against a straight razor if you are coming from electrics or disposables. There is a lot more technique and danger involved over a safety razor (which came next, hence the name). Also it's so much easier to swap out blades than to strop a straight razor every time to keep a honed edge. I think you need to also sharpen them a few times a year which is more time/money.

I use pic related to get rid of my facial hair, works better than you'd think, no razor burn, leaves your skin relatively smooth,but the smell isn't very good, always get complaints from my Mum.

Does it matter? That has to do more with how well you know how to shave your own hair. Straight razors probably give the best and closest though. Worth teaching your significant other to shave for you.

>using a trimmer to shave
what are you 14?

which blades are you faggots using?
Muhle master race here

Pretty sure what he has pictured is a shavette, which is basically a straight razor that uses disposable blades. I use a Dovo Astrale to shave with and have never looked back on anything else. You don't send them out to get sharpened either, or at least you don't have to. A few strokes on a worthy stone every few shaves before stropping will keep it sharp, and I emphasize few. Really the only downsides are higher initial cost and learning curve, but after that I'd say it's the best route. I've had the same blade for 4 years.

I use Dollar Shave Club. I pay $5 every 2 months for the cheap plan.
The trick is rubbing alcholo and running it backwards. Greatly increases razor life

Trimmer is the god tier choice, you faggot.
>Doesnt fuck with the skin
>Leaves slight shade
>Fast

No it won't, it can but you have to know how to shave... Safety razor aren't easy to use compared to modern razors and the first time you will probably cut yourself a lot. On the other hand this razor give me way less irritate skin and pimples

Real man coming through, this is my shaving kit.

Get a German safety razor and feather blades.
/thread

nutnfancy go away

Oneblade (not the Philips one), like a safety razor but feels like cartridge

How do homosexuals and girls shave their asshole hair?
Do they use a mirror? Do they use a razor or wax?
I think wax would be more practical

dont fall for merkur 42c meme like i did
cedarwood>mr taylor>grapefruit

DE BLADE POWER RANKINGS
gillette silver blue>feather>bic>gillette nacet>ASStra>everything else

Enjoy your ingrown hair.

Mirror. Also electric trimmer to get the hair down then razor to finish, like pubes.

>4-5 blades
>$5
Try Amazon™, user. You can get a hundo pack for less than $10

If you get one of those 20 million blade disposable razors you can just soap it up and have at it blind. You could eat those blades and not get cut.

Found the negro.

> the big one is for my dick

I veet/nair my ass

personna reds are the best

kek

I have full head of straight hair so try again, faggot.

How many times do you shave with the same blade? I usually change it after 2 or 3 shavings.

It wouldnt take 10 shaves, unless you're talking about the privates then gl hf
t. Not brave enough to test on man berries

I used Astra but switched to Feather. I've used the same one for probably 15+ shaves now.

>4-5 blades for half a year
Nigger what are you doing, a good blade should only be used 3x max

>doesn't fuck with your skin because you have peach-fuzz tier beard hair, anything thicker a trimmer will have difficulty with
>doesn't pass over evenly, leaving patches you have to dig into
>fast, only because it doesn't get the job done.

lol, did the baby never learn how to properly shave?

I use Astra. My skin is a little more sensitive so feather blades are wayyyyy too sharp.

To get a good clean shave, maybe 3 times, but to really get a handle on it it'll take at-least 10 shaves.

I got a Parker 91R myself, and I haven't had any issues apart from the occasional cut when I'm having a bad day, but that is rarely since I have the technique down. Also, get yourself a proper shaving soap/similar and a proper aftershave and you'll be golden. You'll be as smooth as a greek god, smell amazing and feel manly as hell while shaving. Best personal hygiene choice I've ever made.