Clueless fasting cut: deadlift edition

am i going to die?

me:
135.4lb female
lifting 3x each week, focus on lower body

4ish days into fasting routine, which looks like:

>sunday
break fast by eating 5ish hours prior to lifting, lift, drink protein smoothie. fast begins after protein smoothie
>monday
don't eat, just do the light required of my job
>tuesday
break fast in the morning (fast lasts 36ish hours), lift, protein smoothie, start fast
>wednesday
don't eat, just do light cardio at work
>thursday
possibly eat keto meal depending on what scale says (MUST LOSE WEIGHT). likely continue fast past the 48hr mark and break fast friday
>friday
break fast, lift, protein shake, start fast
>saturday
don't eat, cardio at work
>sunday
break fast, lift, protein smoothie, start fast

so i've done three fasts now and i've managed to lose barely any weight so far but i think it's because water retention. i'm tired and feel kinda dissociated all of the time now and my eyes are sunken in kinda? my eyelids get super dry and i found out my eyes were sunken in when doing my skincare routine and they literally feel different. kinda look like the living dead lol but i wanna hurry up and cut down to having abs so i can start a serious controlled lean bulk.

i'm going to do deadlifts today, and nothing else. this is probably stupid but i really have no idea how i'm supposed to do this and no one has been very helpful so w/e let's do this. just gonna start with 155lbs and do singles, adding my microplates 1.25lbs each time until i feel like i can't anymore. 155lbs is easy as shit so i'll probably do like 20 single reps until i get up to the 200lbs mark and then decide i'm exhausted enough to quit.

don't feel like i have energy to do squats and hip thrusts and rows and all my normal shit and figure deads will hit all the important muscles and prevent too much muscle loss?

idk man this shit is crazy. i hate my body so much and wish i could just keep eating and making gains but i'm so fat now it's fucking

>she(male) fell for Veeky Forumss latest meme diet
Sad!

do you have a better idea

lol no one replies.

okay time to do my deadlifts then

How tall are you?
Also how about instead of fasting you just eat at a reasonable caloric deficit that you can keep up in the long run?
Combine that with some HIIT sprinting and I think you'll be good.

But muh genetics

What you are practicing is actually anorexia. If you are not used to fasting you should not be going this long without eating anything.

Try IF 3 days a week, and eat at a slight calorie deficit the rest of the time.

Forgot to add: breaking fasts with protein smoothies and then starting again is fucking stupid, don't do it. If you are going to interrupt your fasts at least try to get around 1500kcal.

Just do either IF fasts in the 5:2 or 16:8 fashion or water fast if you are going to fast.

5'6"

cutting has been ridiculously slow, and frustrating. how long are cuts supposed to take? i'm pretty new to all this fitness stuff in general and it was so sad to learn that lifting weights does NOT make you lose fat, and that to actually improve your lifts you have to GET fat.

who wants to cut for fucking 6 months? not me. i want to get back to building up my legs asap.

feel kind of emotional now about all this stuff. why is it so hard to look good. how the fuck are you supposed to have defined abs/thin waist AND have a shapely figure?

lifted the 155lbs once and idk if i should do it again. i'm so tired.

True. Thermodynamics is a Veeky Forums meme.

Post tits.

Cutting is supposed to take long, but aim for 1lb/0.5kg per week. As long as you lose that much, you know you're on the right track.

However if you are a beginner you can sort of cut and bulk at the same time as you will gain mass at a faster rate than more intermediate lifters. To do this you must eat at a small (100-200kcal) deficit and eat between 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight. This is probably not a lot faster than cutting first and then bulking though.

Also, sprint training combined with a high protein diet has shown many times to build muscle and burn fat at the same time.

>why is it so hard to look good?
Because a good body represents willpower, dedication and a stable mind, that's part of the reason why its attractive.

>how the fuck are you supposed to have defined abs/thin waist AND have a shapely figure?
Well that's partly genetics

yeah i definitely cannot lift today anymore. how is everyone else fasting and lifting? i sorta feel like i'm watching my life through someone else's perspective and maybe none of this is even real.

fuck genetics. i want to be better than i am.

it's been nice looking at my legs in the mirror, but then it's like was this even worth it because now you're fat and losing the weight is basically impossible, apparently.

feel like men have this so much easier and it makes me a little upset.

anyway you're saying eat like 1600kcal every single day and i should lose a pound of fat each week? what if that doesn't work?

i've been trying to cut for weeks now. my lifts went down, but weight stayed the same.

why is fitness making me more miserable than i was before? life is good on a bulk, which is what i started with. legs started to get bigger and i felt fucking fantastic. but now it's becoming clear that if i actually want to look fit i'll have to spend 90% of my life on a cut. hate this so much.

guess i'll get back to eating more. clean food. i really don't know where to go from here and feel like crying.

post pics and i'll be able to help you

I tried to do a legit cut in summer 2017. Had a bad time as well.

I would suggest try making the cut less drastic, and get more fat in your diet. It will make you feel better.

I was eating nothing but chicken breast, spinach, and protein shakes for a while. Switching to chicken thighs doubled my weightloss speed and boosted my energy.

(Though most recently I've been doing a complete fast to pretty great results)

>135lb female

well right now you're not cutting, but starving.
At this rate once you'll start eating normally again you'll probably gain weight as a resulting of what you're doing now.
Just take small steps. If you can't lose a pound per week, then eat 200kcal less the next week. Keep doing this until you can. Also according to most calculators your basal metabolic rate is around 1500kcal, so I'd start with a 1000kcal cut.

Cutting is hard and won't work in the long run if you don't do it properly.

Eventually it will get better once you're seeing progress.

i don't want to. it's a weird body.

flat chest, no butt, thin lanky legs, muffin top and like a weird beer belly. the bodyfat% things said i was like 20% but it's ALL around the middle.

like i'm relatively low bf% but am nowhere neat to having a flat tummy.

yeah i don't know. it's hard getting all the bits of advice organized into a sensible sorta thing and then follow it?

just looked at myself in the mirror debating if i wanted to take a pic. now i feel like i should just fast until i'm thin, but i have zero idea how to minimize the muscle loss. already my quads feel smaller.

maybe my genetics are just shit and i'm either stickgirl or a skinnyfat mess

dude detected

okay?

when i started i looked like abby pollock's before pics. now i sorta have some legs, but i'm also fucking fat and literaly 20lbs heavier

>i don't want to. it's a weird body.
No one cares. Post body.

You gotta up your intake it’s probably not a great idea to be cutting while at that weight. Just have a normal caloric diet and you should be fine. Try using a TDEE calculator to see how many calories you burn in a day and try maintaining that.

If your problem is skinny fat just make sure you have a good diet, not this excessive cutting stuff. Also cut down on the cardio amd try to actually work on restistance (weight lifting) training or excessive cardio will actually eat away at you muses as well as fat, leaving you looking the same but skinnier. The muscles won’t appear until you actually work on them and its not like a woman had to worry about become too bulky

If you think water retention is an issue, you might try drinking. Don't get shitfaced, but a mixed drink or two should be easy (and fun) enough to work into your deficit. Since alcohol is a diuretic that dehydrates you, it can shake up any water retention issues you might have.

Would the same concept work with drinking coffee rather than alcohol?

so just do what she did

>feel like men have this so much easier
we don't bitch about it sweetie, do a proper diet and train accordingly, don't be stupid.