Any of you lads ever tried exotic meat? Me and my gymbro are gonna try to get something today...

Any of you lads ever tried exotic meat? Me and my gymbro are gonna try to get something today. We have the option of Venison, Snake, Crocodile, Zebra, etc. What would you recommend? any methods of cooking it/stuff to accompany it with?

I know it's a bit of a meme but it'll be fun to eat something weird, even if it doesn't taste too good or the macros aren't amazing.

Other urls found in this thread:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186534-d801701-Reviews-Khublai_Khans-Glasgow_Scotland.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I fucked a jamaican girl once

Kangaroo meat is GOAT macros

That's a pretty reasonable meme my friend. I'll give it a 6.5

They sell it lmao. I'm assuming it's tough as all fuck and very lean.

I ate deep fried lamb brain once

Restaurant in Glasgow called Khublai Khan, it was sick. I had baby octopus, horse, wild boar, rabbit (had before that), venison (had before that), crocodile, zebra and a few others I cannot remember. It was all good, tasty and fresh, the dessert menu was also gr8. It's closed now.
tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186534-d801701-Reviews-Khublai_Khans-Glasgow_Scotland.html

Supposedly Ostrich meat us supposed to be exceptional for macros, like red meat and very lean, but I've never tried it. I used to live in New Orleans and I've tried alligator, I think they only use the meat from the tail. It was bretty gud, tastes like chicken, etc. No idea about it's nutritional content

>Venison, Snake, Crocodile, Zebra
>Venison
Do you really think that belongs with the rest??

It's fairly exotic, just not as much compared to the others. I've tried Rabbit, Bugs, Octopus, Ray, Snails and other odd shit, but never Venison.

Yeah they sell Ostrich too. My parents tried crocodile while in Cuba and said it was kinda like halfway between a fish and chicken.

Venison isn't particularly exotic in the states but it's very good and can be used as a lean replacement to beef. Alligator is also good, espcecialpy fried nuggets.

My girlfriend is from Louisiana and she cooks gator sometimes. It is very similar to pork, she usually cooks sausages and serves it in red beans and rice.

Venison is okay, it can be kinda gamey so your best bet it grinding it up and making chili.

Source on that pic?

it's a story about an user that generated a short-lived meme. what do you mean "source"?

few people said it, but try croc if you haven't.
personally love the taste.
camel is pretty great too, if you can get your hands on it.

He means the pic of the OP in the pic.

it's not that exotic, but bison is the shit

I've used to eat alligator every once in a while when I lived in NC. It's good, tastes sort of like sweet chicken. Has a little more protein in it, too.

Venison if you want something thats actually good.

Beat me to it. Maybe if your a euro fag. I eat venison easily 4 times a month.

Alligator is some good eats. I'd imagine a croc would taste similar. Venison tastes like very lean beef with a slight gaminess.

This.
Fry it very hot and short then into the oven at 80C.
Or treat it like horsemeat if you ever cooked that

The right cuts can be really tender. Compatable to tenderloin

really indecisive between croc, ostrich and kanga

Ostrich was a pleasant treat.

>dying for venison osso buco now
Goddamn it

enjoy your exotic heart attack you fucking meatcuck faggot

Ostrich and kanga are better.
My experience was kanga has the best meatiest taste but turns dry if you mess it up, thus hardest to cook. Ostrich tastes and handles almost like beef and is a tad more expensive than kang over here.

Both are great value in germany

>is Elliot Hulse
every time

>Venison
>exotic

City and suburban fags
Never ate anything they killed themselves
Almost like they're afraid of the gains

I imagine it is to some people, depending on where the live. At the very least it's uncommon.
>tfw my dad used to be a game keeper.
>Freezer full of venison, pheasant, rabbit, hare, duck etc all of the time

Had snake and croc and I probably wouldn't again given the choice of other meats.
Venison is ok.
No idea what zebra tastes like, but I had horse sashimi in Japan and it was bretty good.

>implying your shitty mass produced vegan food compares to my organic, homegrown, and wild varieties
You can't go natural unless you start homesteading you filthy wannabe faggot
You,don't care about your health, or animals or your move to a homestead and provide healthy vegan food for yourself and the animals you care for.
Poser

Exactly, kind sir.

Never tried snake or crocodile, but i've cooked venison a lot and i assume zebra is similar. If you get a good cut of deer, cook it as you would a fillet steak. Once the steak is cooked, don't clean the pan and fire in some diced onions and sliced or even quartered mushrooms. Once the mushrooms have a nice bit of colour on them, pour in a splash of wine, wait a minute then pour in like 150ml of beef stock (instant shit like an oxo cube will even do), wait until half of the liquid has disappeared and then put a splash of cream in it. Let it thicken for maybe a minute, salt and pepper and you've got a love sauce. Have it with mash or something.

Alright, I got Kanga sausage, Mouflon steak and two zebra burgers. Guy also gave me a lil satchet of protein powder for free and said he sells belgian blue if I ever want some.

He said not to buy Myprotein products though because they´re 84% soya flour according to his nutritionist son and that the guys who owm Myprotein are in jail but that sounds like horseshit.

>venison
>exotic
Is this a new meme? Txfag asking

For Englandfags it is

Ah. Carry on, then.

>Venizon
>exotic
Never gonna make it lad

You can buy it in grocery stores here, but I guess whale meat could be exotic for some. It's pretty good.

I was just talking to a guy that said that he tried smoked whale meat in Norway and it was the best thing he has ever tried and now all meat pales in comparison.

So many replies and not one mention of Emu Meatballs????

Alligator is good as fuck.I live in Florida so it's not as hard to find. Venison is okay, depends if it's prepared well. A bit chewy. Had ostrich once, it wasn't half bad.

Boar is delicious, if you can get your hands on it try it.

no idea friend, sorry.

Venison is exotic?

I've had Snake and Alligator. Both were really good, but I had them at a restaurant so I can't really recommend a way of cooking them. Alligator tastes really similar to chicken, so it'd probably go well with things you normally cook chicken with.

>Zebra
>Willfully eating horse meat

I've had crocodile once, it was like a 60/40 mixture of chicken and fish, really nice although it wasn't very flavorful.

Fucking expensive though...

Swordfish is p good

Kublai Kahn shut? Fuck :( Great times during uni there... Also that all you could eat Brazilian place on Sauchiehall street near the Tesco. All you could eat meat for £10. Terrible business idea, great for bulking. No wonder it closed. As is the world food buffet except from being kicked out three times for being there more than 2 hours eating continuously

Crocodile literally tastes like chicken so go for something else