Hi Veeky Forums quick question what motivates you to go to the gym ?

Hi Veeky Forums quick question what motivates you to go to the gym ?
I’ve been going to the gym for 1 and a half years now and I’m starting to get bored by it, how do I fix this ?

what motivated you for the first 18 months?

Just switch up your routine and add some funky advanced bodyweight excercises to progress on and you can keep going forever

I onestly can’t even remember, I guess I wanted to look big and feel that sensation you get after a workout but now I just feel bored

It motivates me to learn about training and apply this knowledge.

It motivates me to set personal records.

It motivates me that I look better and better.

It motivates me to know that life as an old man is going to suck a preposterous amount of the fat ass if I don't stay active.

Anyway, for most people - especially in the beginning - I think half the battle is actually finding your motivation and working on that.
Motivation is always going to be fleeting. Occassionally you'll need discipline. But once the habit is built, everything is much easier.

Try to take a week off. I'm usually dying to go to the gym after that.

Don't need motivation to go to the gym in the same way you wouldn't need motivation to eat fast food. Learn to love the gym.

I loved the gym I went for 1 year regularly, I just feel something has changed and don’t feel the same “high” as when I started

Maybe this will work, what else do people do to pass their time ? I don’t even know

It makes me feel good. Guess not any different in that respect than drinking but it is healthy. I like feeling and looking strong, too.

Just change up your routine and/or take a break for a week.

Go out with friends (I don't usually have much time for this because I don't want to skip workouts/sleep less etc), watch some movies, read books, go walk somewhere. There're a lot of things you can do when gym doesn't take all of your free time.

Doing it for her.

Well actually want her to regret her decision even more, than she already does.

My life goals. I keep looking better and better and see progress.

At the end of the day what is most important is the person you become while achieving your goals

Get a friend

but shrapy in pooper when go to gym

Men have to be strong.

Make gains

I literally forced myself to go for a week after my self esteem hit rock bottom. Zero motivation to go, but eventually it became part of my routine. Now I'm addicted to dat dem endorphins.

Tons of friends at the gym that’s not the problem

Ok

Tru

It's a hobby to me. I enjoy spending time at the gym and making the most nutritious meals I can, so even after several years I still look forward to each gym session.

HABIT

/thread