Living past 80. Making it to 100+

What are some of the bad habits that you can pick up that can fuck up your body
later in life?

Obesity and smoking are the two big ones. A great way to die between 40-60 from a heart attack or cancers.

I'd like to argue steroid use and risking kidney damage can be dangerous. Particularly as a none user. I'd far rather save my kidneys and maybe use the roids in my later years while my kidneys still have some go in them... Could I start them in my 80s for the final stretch?

Same goes for running, ultra marathons in your 20-40s can't be good for you knees when you reach 65+

But lets assume you are a healthy weight and exercise regularly, You don't fuck up your knees running ultra marathons or trying to push lifting PBs into the 'elite' category so you're not pushing your joints or an alcoholic. What are the worst things you can do to shorten your life expectancy? Things you don't think of. Obviously working manual labour past your mid 40s is another big one.

Right now in the UK retirement for a state pension is pushing 67 years old. Retirement for those of us in our 20s is likely gonna reach 75 by 2068, IMO. With life expectancy at 79.4 years you're going to get ripped off. If you can make it to 100, at least you're getting some value from all the fatties and smokers taxes that conked out at 60.

Pic related, 90 year old tortoise that had legs chewed off by rats hibernating.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sardinian_people#Age_expectancy_and_Longevity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Live slow, die late.
That's it.
Moderate exercise and moderate eating, coupled with genetics are bonus.

eating meat

Too much body mass is a killer. Being fat is actually healthier then being muscle obese.

Too many stimulants. Too much stimulating media. It shortens your lifespan and has a hardcore impact on your mind.

Environmental pollution. It's a given

Modern diet. It's not healthy in any way.

Lack of vitamins and minerals. They'll cause fuck ups in your body.

Stress will ruin your body. Period.

Being sedentary too much will shorten your lifespan significantly and lead to many diseases.

Excess sugar and excess fats will shorten your lifespan

A diet that is entirely vegan or carnivore is not healthy in the least and will lead to negative consequences.

Too much sex is bad for you as well.

A lack of spirituality seems to be bad for your health and longevity. As ironic as that sounds.

The question is, do you really want to make it to 100?

yes I do, that's what this thread is about

Wow... so you're telling me that if I eat right, sleep well, and maintain mental and emotional well-being then I'll live longer? Groundbreaking stuff.

being small and not eating a lot

Unironically lower your testosterone

All that + what op listen - but I honestly think genetics play a bigger role than any of those things. I met too many 85+ y/o folks who smoked and damaged themselves for their entire lives.

Why would you want to live past 30? I'm 28 and already feeling old as fuck

What can I do to make it to 1488? I'm sick of degenerates

Look where people live longer (Italy, Japan) and learn from them.
Arguably, a Mediterranean/pescetarian with little meat/ simple+poor+ unrefined diet may help; climate plays a role; social and family connections plays a big role; a glass of red wine and enjoying life are probably relevant. That, and the best public health service in the world it seems
And finally, obviously, genetics. Italians and people for Sardegna particularly seem to have been "selected" because of highly competitive past conditions, yet they went past this process in relative isolation (high genetic variety inherited from 2000+ yrs ago but no race mixing). look it up
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sardinian_people#Age_expectancy_and_Longevity
>Sardinia is the first discovered Blue Zone, a demographic and/or geographic area of the world where people live measurably longer lives.[54] Sardinians share with the Ryukyuans from Okinawa[55][56] (Japan) the highest rate of centenarians in the world (22 centenarians/100,000 inhabitants). The key factors of such a high concentration of centenarians are identified in the genetics of the Sardinians,[57][58][59] lifestyle such as diet and nutrition, and the social structure.
I'd add that they don't just "live longer", they "age slower" (even with all that sun and sea etc)

>Sardinia
>poor

Stop

>high soy
Ha sorry I don’t take advice from soyboys.

>Right now in the UK retirement for a state pension is pushing 67 years old. Retirement for those of us in our 20s is likely gonna reach 75 by 2068, IMO. With life expectancy at 79.4 years you're going to get ripped off. If you can make it to 100, at least you're getting some value from all the fatties and smokers taxes that conked out at 60.

you can thank the islamic immigrants for that. fucking disgusting scumbag maggots

poor as in "simple, unrefined, not sophisticated" rustic diet, not as in "deficient"

Yes why would anyone want to live to 100 years and enjoy this world and see how history will turn out.

Fucking rats man. Are they the Jews of the animal kingdom?

>Too much sex is bad for you as well.
say it ain't so user, me and my gf both have super high libidos (mine slightly higher) and we'll fuck 10x in a day if we're both off
am I gonna die young?

Genetics are a far better predictor of lifespan than lifestyle. Smoking, drinking, eating poorly, whatever, can absolutely reduce your lifespan. But if you're curious about how long you'll live, look at your parents and grandparents.

I'll be lucky if I see 60

I hope so, fuck you.

there's smokers who've lived past a hundred, and non-smokers who've died much earlier.

What, I’m gonna get my spine crushed by heavy machinery and be fucjee for the good portion of my life?

Nigger did you pass third grade
Can you even spell statistical analysis

>Plant based diets are always going to appear better because they're always compared to unhealthy eating habits. No studies compare healthy meat eating vs vegetarian diets. Just chicken nuggets, Whoppers, and red meats. .

this

I don't know who are you quoting, maybe a meme-arrow slipped in trying to make some implications?
meat and/or fish appear in both the Japan and Sardinian "Blue Zone". Still all of those are "plant-based".