Am I supposed to do half the ROM I'd do in a squat during a leg press?

Am I supposed to do half the ROM I'd do in a squat during a leg press?

It's really fucking uncofortable and even though I can outsquat 90% of the people in my new gym, everyother fucker is puting 5-6 plates on the leg press for reps.

Your quads should almost touch your core.
Don't be one of those retards that 1/16th reps 5000 plates on the leg press

meme machine fuel for the dyel ego

Who has those snap webms?

Fucking don't

NOBODY POST THE FUCKING KNEE SNAP WEBMS

GIB SNAPPIES

Is the leg press good?

Try doing them one leg at a time.

I use it to add quad volume when my posterior chain, and/or core has given up on squatting.

That said shit like makes me nervous so I tend to stick to weight I can do for 20-30 reps and pay careful attention to not locking my knees.

That person has a hypermobile knee. That's not something to be careful of on leg press whatsoever.

What's the deal with this machine though? It's parallel to the ground it looks like, so it's not using weight to generate resistance. Is it like pneumatically powered? That would just be retarded if it was.
>Hey there miss, do you want to exercise in this trash compactor?

>I can outsquat 90%
ego-lifter spotted.
Anyway, if you can squat lmao2pl8s x 5 (100 kg ) you should really be able to leg press lmao5pl8s (200kg - something because friction and mechanical advantage) given that it's a 45° machine (usually), for at least x5 if not (arguably) for x12/x15 (since there's no core no posterior chain to worry about)
If that's not the case, chances are that you "outperform" other people with very debatable form

I actually just broke my lol2pl8 record a couple of weeks ago, I squat 110 kg for 5 reps 4 sets .
It's not much, but have you seen the peoplein your gym? to be completely fair 90% are not that strong even by non-lifting standard

Cables and pulleys?

look up feet placement, it changes what muscles are focused on

its a machine so numbers don't matter, its how the rep feels

It depends on why you are doing the exercise. Are you trying to target your quads? Do you want to work them in as big as a ROM as possible, or a smaller one with more weight? You can do "ATG" depth on a leg press provided you have the prerequisite mobility, but it is going to take the emphasis off of your quads and involve more hip musculature. Leg press is an amazing exercise and gets a bad rap because of retards that use no depth, and keyboard warriors who think only retards use it. Don't just do one particular style forever, but doing half the ROM of your squat isnt going to harm you, provided you stay in a good position.

Not OP but I squat 5pl8 and don't leg press much more.

Good posts, Leg press has a place in the gym just don't let it replace squats and you will be fine

This desu. I always see some older man at my gym use every pl8 and he moves it 2 fucking inches. Such a retard ego lifter

>I actually just broke my lol2pl8 record a couple of weeks ago, I squat 110 kg for 5 reps
100 kg is pretty common and not really something to brag about (I hope that's high bar at least, with low bar you push more weight and good mornings are a treat). Not that you should care about what other people squat in the the gym.
>It's not much, but have you seen the peoplein your gym?
Again, don't fucking care about the weight. If you can't move the same fucking weight with your quads and gluteus only you should question your form. Assuming you squat 100 kg, you should be able to leg press *at least* 140 kg (145kg*sin45°=~100kg), *assuming* that there's no friction no mechanical advantage at all and that you're working core and posterior chain as well (but that's not the case)
> 90% are not that strong even by non-lifting standard
non-lifters don't fucking care about your squat pl8s.
>squat 5pl8s
>leg press about 5pl8s
[x] DOUBT
I'd love to see your squat. The middle age manlet squatting lmao3.5pl8s for reps yesterday loaded the leg press with 24 pl8s total, and went for something like 15 reps without breaking a sweat
>feet placement
minimally switches the exercise from a gluteus dominant to a quad dominant one

I'm sure you did this on purpose so people can post the brainlet memes

I always do them with my feat in the same position as when I squat with the bar. I bring my things into touching my torso, my knees track over midfoot and I never lock out.

Go as deep as you want to go and don't pay attention to everyone else. Any fucking old wanna-be strongman can throw on 6 plates and hardly bend their knees.

Are you there to work out and get stronger or try and show off because nobody gives a fuck about how much you push on a leg press I promise.

No, I've just never seen a leg press machine that wasn't pretty much like OP's pic.

>everyother fucker is putting 5-6 plates

yeah, and half repping it

if you do leg press properly, with a full range of motion, you are not going to be able to load retarded amounts (potentially knee snapping amounts) of weight on it

it's a completely fine exercise, do it with a full ROM (as long as your low back is not rounding - be very careful not to go excessively deep, and maybe do it single leg to prevent any rounding whatsoever) and go for higher reps and higher volumes than you would squatting (think like 5x10-20)

>minimally switches the exercise from a gluteus dominant to a quad dominant one
thats upper and lower placement, can also be narrow or wide

what's the difference between the two different places where you can load the plates on these?

Here, this is from like 2 weeks ago.

did he ded?

my guess would be it's the skill component (however small) of the leg press that people who use it often have mastered that allows them to lift higher weights relative to their squat

i can't do that shit either if i loaded up the weight some guys do who squat half as much as me i'd get stapled

nice shoes famalam