Most useless lift for aesthetics? Pic related by far

Most useless lift for aesthetics? Pic related by far

Purely for ego lifters who think they're strong for pulling 3 plates and banging it in the gym. Meanwhile they are DYEL. Nothing more cringeworthy

The only thing it works out well is the erector spinae and hamstrings and hyperextensions and legs curls are superior exercises for both

Coming from a guy who got 4 plates less than 1 year deadlifting weighing 160 lbs. Worst body of my lifting life by far. Complete waste of time on deadmeme, not to mention injury risk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZWUcHKAj_tc
youtube.com/watch?v=XIbxBpMYifc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what are the best lifts for aesthetics? i dont care about being strong actually i just want to look hot

bench, curls, flys, lateral raises, ohp?

in no particular order

You're an idiot

yeah its a totally meme and useless exercise, people here praise them but everyday we have people telling on how bad they got injured by this

thanks user

>You're an idiot

A challenger appears.

Lateral raises (cable and dumbbell) are probably the most underrated exercise

Dragon flags really blast my abs and give me an adonis belt. Abs are clearly the most important for aesthetics

How is your first week lifting? Awww looks like somebody couldn't follow simple training videos on YouTube to deadlift.

Oh this thread again. We get it bro, you don't deadlift. That's fine.

>grub lift weight and put down
>grub bang
>grub stronk
>grub ego good
>but why grub look shit

youtube.com/watch?v=ZWUcHKAj_tc

This is me, 5pl8 deadlift. Obviously im fat as fuck, but if a leaner man were to reach a 5pl8 deadlift, im sure he would be yoked AF

>No back is asthetic

>Coming from a guy who got 4 plates less than 1 year deadlifting weighing 160 lbs.

Best joke. Want to hear another? Your 1RM.

top KEK

> can't deadlift 3 plates

leg press and leg curls

So everyone in this thread has a twink back?

LOL at that quarter partial ROM

you look like a giant baby, how old are you ?

The most useless lift for aesthetics are wrist curls.

>160 lbs

why dont you try to get to actual big deadlift numbers then see how you feel about it

Thank you. I have been told i look like a giant baby by many people. 26 y.o. Sometimes I also get 'fat retard'

The greatest bodybuilder of all time deadlifted 800 lbs

Can you read? He said 4 plates and he weighed 160

>I want best lift for aesthetics
>hurr deadlift iz 4 ego lul
Do you even understand what the word ego means?

user I legitimately think you are retarded. Most of the time calling someone a retard is a joke but your case is an exception.

He most certainly did not.
>pic related

>Yates
Lol

add in chins and maybe some lat pulldowns?

[spoiler]can someone spoonfeed me a good aesthetics routine[/spoiler]

>nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weight
that's a double negative
niggers, when will they learn
inb4 ebonics

if someone sees ur back then ur a pussy for walking away or a fag taking it in the ass

Just do ppl x2

Lifting to look good and be healthy is a practical and natural aspiration. Strength comes with it, great, but you don't lift so you can DL 5 plates, because that's a meaningless number in reality. It's for your ego only. It doesn't translate to anything, unless you are training as a powerlifter/strongman, or a professional athlete. It wastes your time and energy and leaves you prone to injury

>Deadlifting is only to fuel your ego
>I'm bodybuilding so someone will finally love me
Really makes you think

Lot of soy boys in this thread that don't deadlift, back to planet fitness you go

Google "Oscar Gamble".
>pay me

Try to be a little less egotistical yourself and look from another person's point of view. For many, lifting purely for vague long term ideas such as health and such isn't rewarding enough to keep dragging yourself to the gym years on end. But having objectice and measurable goals like hitting certain numbers can keep them motivated to continue while still getting said health benefits.

>tfw last week 2 manlets, Chang and Pedro, were deadlifting for 1 hour, literally the entire duration of my workout. Decked out with belts and lifting shoes and everything. Real serious shit here guys. They maxed out at 2.5 plates and were ugly and DYEL as fuck

If you are shitting on DLs, you aren’t truly big lol

?

>implying big lats have anything whatsoever to do with DL

youtube.com/watch?v=XIbxBpMYifc

?

Deadlifting got me out of my back plateau

Yeah what the fuck, contrary to popular opinion girls care a lot about back and legs(specially glutes)

manlet stats

>a backpack of pure muscle
this must feel amazing

I think everyone knows that, user. People deadlift for strength, not for aesthetics.

> not doing deadlifts to get an aesthetic back

I agree deadlifting heavy is pointless but you should still do some every other week.

yeah if you wanna be a weak faggot ignore your deadlifts pussy. cringeworthy post OP.

Very true. Be careful with lateral raises though bros or anything shoulder relared because that shit is delicate like glass

But skip legs if your goal is strictly beach muscles

PPxPPxx

Do you even work delts?

I just hit 3 pl8s :^(

>The only thing it works out well is the erector spinae and hamstrings
Retard
>Coming from a guy who got 4 plates less than 1 year deadlifting
You say that as if it's something extraordinary.
>160 lbs
Pfffft fucking manlets

fixed the picture for you
>Injects gh, test, tren, igf1 internally

how about fat fuck

/thread

If you think lats have nothing to do with deadlifting you're clearly only pulling 2pl8s

this x10

>no weighted dips, pull ups and chin ups
People call lats a meme when they aren't. Also dips is great for chest aesthetics

THE DEADLIFT

Pros:

1. It lends itself very well to performing low reps, which makes it useful for developing maximal strength and power. Qualities that are needed in many sports.

2. Because it involves so much total muscle and good leverage one can work up to handling some extremely heavy poundages. This means that it's much easier to make continued progress on the deadlift compared to smaller exercises. A lying leg curl for example is great for training the hamstrings if viewed in a vacuum. But training doesn't happen in a vacuum. The princple of Progressive Overload cannot be violated if you want to see gains. Adding 10 kgs to your 40 kg leg curl, is way harder than adding 10 kgs to your 120 kg deadlift. And while the isolation exercise quickly stalls, the deadlift can be progressed for literally years. And with progress comes gains.

Cons:

1. It is not the #1 exercise for any individual muscle group involved. You will always be able to find a smaller exercise that hits a certain muscle harder/better.

2. Anecdotally as you become stronger, the deadlift has a tendency to take more out of you than it gives back. Whether this is because of the deadstop concentric, due to extreme grip challenge or maybe because it's the ultimate grind lift is unknown.

Building muscle with the deadlift:

If you do 3 reps of deadlifting once a week while pretty much only performing the concentric, is it realistic to expect much growth? Would you expect that from any exercise done this way?
The same rules apply as for everything else. If you want to grow, do more reps, more sets and control the eccentric (there's literally no good reason why it shouldn't be possible to control the eccentric btw)

Regarding injury risk:

You are no more likely to get injured deadlifting than doing any other exercise. No single exercise is inherently dangerous. It's how YOU approach the exercise that increases or decreases risk. Factors such as recovery & work capacity, technique, mobility, arousal, proximity to failure etc. are what determine whether you get hurt or not. However, it is true that low back injuries are often particularly painful and debilitating.

Just hit every muscle group as best you can.

>4 plates
>big numbers

>implying deadlift isn't the king of all lifts
>lifting only for aesthetics
>being this much of a faggot.
kys

>t. Pulled sub 3 pl8 and my back hurt

I am scoliotic and before I started deadlifting heavy I used to wake up with immense back pain. Now my posture is better, and I no longer look as crooked.

>I do legcurls instead of deadlift

oh wow, step back we got a real man here boyos

whoa wojack what happened to you my dude

then be conservative with your weight and don't push your body when it's already tired. I think people generally get injured when they're ego lifting