Anybody have carpal tunnel? Anybody had the surgery? Were you happy after the surgery...

anybody have carpal tunnel? Anybody had the surgery? Were you happy after the surgery? Is there anything I can do besides surgery.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BHfKutz21do
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have some weird wrist injury that stops me from being able to do pushups but it's on the other side of my wrist and not carpal tunnel.

I can push through it but mostly it wakes me up in the middle of the night. I had a nerve test done and the Dr. told me the only cure was surgery. But he is a surgeon so I don't believe him.

It was never that bad for me but it impaired me a lot. I saw an orthopedist for it a couple years ago and was told I could try physical therapy but surgery/cortical injections might be the only thing that will help. I then did a stint of physical therapy that didn't help at all but it's gotten better since.

try flossing your nerve (look it up).

I had issues (not as bad as yours probs) from playing crypt of the necrodancer for like 8 hours and after doing some exercises a couple times a day and not using a computer very much it went away.

maybe it won't work but you could at least try it

Have it in both hands, hand my right hand cut open 3.5 weeks ago. I had it so bad my middle finger was constantly numb and my hand would shock when I did pulls of snow kind. Now it's like 85 percent but I can't do push-ups or dips. I can still bench and shit if I use wraps. I'm not sure if I'm happy yet.

The surgery is kind of a last resort. You should be wearing a carpal tunnel splint to bed if you aren't already. Before surgery you should look at exercises the help the pain. Also try avoiding doing the things that worsen the conditions.

This. There are a ton of options before the surgery and it should only be done on the rare

Look into Dr. John E. Sarno's the Mindbody prescription. I had horrible carpal tunnel to the point where I could write maybe 10 words then my wrist would feel like a burning rope of nerves becoming frayed and cause excruciating pain. Turns out it was all psychosomatic, even if physical symptoms were present. Its like a 5$ book, look at the reviews for it.

I work on computers all day and had carpal tunnel fairly bad, the following helped me not get surgery:

1.) Lift HEAVY weights, it stretches the muscles and fascia back out. Use good form, but powerlift/strongman train. Don't do high rep exercises, stay in the 4-6 rep range. Wear wrist wraps, the compression helps with the heavy weight.
2.) Go to a sports medicine massage therapist who can do deep tissue and fascia work. Have them STRIPE your forearms. It may take a few sessions, and it will hurt like a bitch for for days afterwards, but it is SOOOOO GOOD.
3.) Use an ergonomic keyboard (Microsoft sculpt) if you have to work on computers all day.

Its been 18 years since I have had any carpal tunnel issues.

Howard Stern Detected

Peanut butter, not even close. I gained 100 lbs from peanut butter sandwiches

I tried that splint for months. I have a baby I have to pick up and I blew glass for 10 years. And lifted. This shit sucks.

I've had one injection and the hand that got the injection is now worse than the other hand. At the time they were about equal fucked up. Now the one with the injection is a mother fucker.

How much did the recovery suck??

I'll check it out but I'm pretty sure the pain is real.

The pain is real, I can guarantee that. It really does hurt, but not for the reasons you think, and the reason can be entirely resolved. Don't think the pain isn't real, it is real pain - just for reasons that aren't entirely physical. I know how absolutely excruciating it can be

Being in Amerifat land sucks, but I believe I might have carpal tunnel

>using hands for any tasks, my thumb,index, and middle finger will start to get tingly sensation.
>have to stop, and wait for blood to flow back.

I always that this was normal since its been happening since I was young. But I did some research about just those three fingers causing that, and some say carpal tunnel, some say other shit

Anyone else have similar problem?

If it doesn't hurt it may not be a problem, may just have bad blood flow, are you tall/hands get cold ez?

My wrist hurts from time to time (using oc a lot). I started doing forearm edercises and massaged / applied pressure on sore spots.on my forearm. It can hurt like a bitch but ultimately feels so good. Looks like it helped my wrist pain.

youtube.com/watch?v=BHfKutz21do
also freindly reminder that stretching wrists too hard can cause carpal tunnel.

Probably a ganglion

Don't know if this helps, but I've been massaging my forearms with kettlebells (first 8kg then 20kg) and then gently stretching them against the floor. Helped relieve the pain for me

#no.fucking.evidence that this shit works. plz, i only trust things published on NCBI/pubmed. not fucking cocksucking faggot american captalistic asshats. splint... "look at the reviews for it."...... yea.

to OP:

- surgery and cortisone injection is the last resort that only should be considered when you been doing physical rehab for atleast 6month. you will have to do rehab anyway.
- if you not been having this for a long time. dont push it, take a BREAK from whats causing it!
- if you get tendopati/tenonitis the volume of the tendon increase quite bit which cause a cramp fucktard to a softtissue problem.
- lay of the keyboard and mobile work/shitty things.
- eccentric training is the best way to rehab tendon tissue. but even concentric works better than rest.
- no, increased blodflow by massage dont have evidenze cover. the tendon damage increase the amount of bloodvessles when damaged which also cause an larger size. atherogenesis.
- medicin to avoid the mental not existing pain if their is any are gabapentin or amytherilin. if depressed or something, longterm pain can cause problems if you have it.
- DONT take NSAID, anti inflammation bs. it mess up the healing.

the traning can look something like:

warm up:
(20x2 whit like a 2kg dumbell wrist curls both over and under.
12x3 rotation motation with a 2kg dumell)
training part:
10x3 eccentric wrist curls, both over and under.

you will get better effect if you split up the volume over 7 days instead of 3. and do this for atleast 6 month. an tendon damage take more like 12-24month to get repared, but you can often get symptom free after 6month in 50-80% of the cases.

OP here thanks. I really don't know how people stop picking up there baby, typing, or any number of other things people do with their hands.

The Orthopedic Dr. actually said rehab wouldn't help but my regular MD wrote me the script but I thought it wouldn't work after talking to him. And I have taken NSAID for years. First thing the Dr. did was give the steroid injection but it lasted about 2 months.

I'll look up the exercises.. I've been dealing with this on and off for about 2 years and its going in the wrong direction so the exercises for a year shoulld be easy.

different user but I couldn't lift for a couple months I think. It was a while ago. It's the main reason I haven't had the second one done.

You glad you had it done? Is it better than the other hand?

ganglion cyst is not an injury
and its removed by sucking it out with a needle

if Im not mistaken it is also called mamas hand due to carrying bebis can be a cause

oh no its retarded.

you dont cure a ganglion by empty the pushed out bursa...

to OP. mr no fucking evidence here again.

I would say that you are a good candidate for surgery. you could try to make an ultra sound reading to verify if the tendon is increased. and you should defenetly do eccentric workout.

and yea, stahp doing keyboard and facebook shit. also the static part.

i had been having shitload problem the last 3 years with CTS and epicondylit. but now the last 1 year im almost back at like 80% of original. had problem using a fork at one part. only been doing training. first like the schedule i said before, then bicep and tricep training. pushed heaviar and heavier, and its quite good now. at least so i dont worry about work. no surgery

#will.never.stahp.with.eccentric.workouts. fuck that atrophi bodybuilding crap, aint shit worth for tendonstrength.

If you want to get a surgery, do not get an open surgery. They can operate the carpel tunnel with an endoscopic operation. Way smaller scar, way quicker rehabilitation and less complications if the surgeon is competent. Do not fall for the meme some surgeons use bc they are too bad to preform this type of surgery, which is that they can not see what they are doing. Medstudent btw.

I like the Ortho Dr. fine and he would be the surgeon. I didn't ask if endoscopic or not. I'd have to find someone else if he doesn't do endoscopic. Sometimes something pops in my elbow and it feels better for awhile if you have any insight on this?

I guess I was trying to figure out if this shit only gets worse and I'm delaying the inevitable and just suffering unnecessarily or if it can get better on its own.

I work with an ortho group and a not single one of their surgeons does this. You may have some trouble finding one locally.