What does everyone here do when they're walking at the park and someone is approaching on the path from the opposite...

what does everyone here do when they're walking at the park and someone is approaching on the path from the opposite direction?

>pull out phone
>pretend to be looking at something
>look at them if my contacts are decentered

>the other person obviously does the same thing as me as we both try to avoid eye contact

is your higher T helping you with this?

Smile and say hello

This. Smartphones have made people autismo as fuck.

>park is a circle with one path
>pass the same person repeatedly
Now what?

Just pass by them? How is this stuff difficult for you guys?

Pass by how? You're going to have to be looking at something.

You have serious social anxiety issues dude. Just look straight ahead.

Stare ahead while sweating profusely

I always smile and nod, people appreciate that, believe it or not.

Wait until you are on opposite side of circle and change direction so you stay on the opposite side

I’m autistic but I make eye contact so they’ll look away and move to the side so I don’t have to change my course

here
Look straight ahead, and keep doing what you were doing before, or if you feel like she/he responded well to the first time you nodded, smile again.

lol why are you repeatedly walking around a circular path in a park? are you 80?

No if the smile worked move on to high fives

every time you pass them get increasingly ridiculous until they snap

You can't just look straight ahead without being lost in a thought or something to make it not look like you're trying too hard

our two big parks are both giant circles with a single path, you pass every person at least twice except the joggers who pass repeatedly

change your clothes everytime you pass them so that they get completely weirded out and eventually leave

dude this shit happens at work and it blows my mind

>long corridors
>absolutely nothing to look at other than your phone or the brick wall

yet people will literally try and walk past you without looking at their phone, not say hello, or even acknowledge your presence.

these are people i routinely interact with while actually working, but downstairs it's like im a prison inmate and they're the guard

my point was why are you walking around the park like an elderly person? at least go for a run and then you don't have to be concerned with your autismo anxiety.

>look at the person's face to check if it isn't someone that I know
>look ahead or at something else not to be rude and stare
how hard it is OP?

>being so autistic and up your own ass that stuff like this actually bothers you

Man... This doesn't even classify as a first world problem. Get help.

Just give them the stink-eye so they move the fuck out of the way into the mud. If they one-up you on it, you hit them right in the temple while walking past them. Is this so fucking hard, you autist?

Correct, afterwards bend the person over and proceed taking his/her anal virginity.

That is an easy one. A more difficult one, is how do you act when alone in park overtaking someone while walking on the path in the same direction,
Awkward, some people are paranoid of being robbed and assault. Shifty looks everytime.

look to the ground or forward, avoiding all contact, specially if it is a woman

why did this pic give me a boner?

>pass girl in park, avoid all eye contact and maintain emotionless straight-ahead stare
>imagine our life together for the next week

>be in an elevator
that's it. how do I survive?

I'm convinced there are behavioral scientists looking through elevator security cameras to learn what 2 humans do in confined spaces.

fuck elevators

>You can't just look straight ahead without being lost in a thought or something to make it not look like you're trying too hard
You can't but i can.
Why are you such a retard?

i always put my hand in pocket so they think i have a knife or other weapon.

i think its working.

If it’s a stranger, nod or say a polite hello and then ride in silence. What went wrong in your upbringing that made you guys so fucking timid?

>you hit them right in the temple while walking past them.
Yea sure kid.
You are too much of a coward to do that.

just nod you little autist. It's pretty obvious when somebody tries to deliberately avoid eye contact with you. If you pass them again just pretend to be focused on what you're doing (you better not be fucking walking unless you're a grandpa)

Why do white people do pic related?

Walk past and say nothing

>tfw having to call to make an appointment of any kind

yeah but every fucking time:
>nod
>do the "smile" (see )
>push button
>"what floor?"
>oh great... same floor. need to press another button
>stare at numbers as they change
>die inside a little bit
>elevator stops and doors open
>let stranger get out first and see which way he/she walks
>get out second and walk the opposite way

if I had to go the way the stranger was walking, then I'll walk about 40 feet away, then "remember" that I was supposed to walk the other way
it puts just enough distance between me and the other person so we aren't walking right next to eachother and forced to small talk

Buying things at stores is the worst with autism. The flower store scene in the Room is exactly how it goes down most of the time, sometimes responding incorrectly
> thank you
> y-you too

>smile

>this tread

Eyes is less important than hands, OP. Keeping your hands in the wrong way can come off as threatening, or beta. You should be more concerned about what you're doing with them.

Its not really autism or smart phones

Face it, some people live on a higher plane of existence than you. Making eye contact with a stranger? Why and for what fucking reason?

There are billions of people on this planet, most of us live in cities with a few million people. You think you need your brain to process that you made eye contact with someone?

There's no need and when you make eye contact with someone you know what you do? you validate that persons experience as a human being, you let them know I SEE you and you are alive

Anyway, why do you think when people drive their cars they try not to look at each other and stare at other drivers? Same reason ,nobody wants their brain to process everything they see

Found the sperg

If you want to be full on autismo, always take the stairs. If you want to cure yourself or being socially retarded, get the fuck over it.

>get the fuck over it.
I'm ready. Please, zyzz help me, I'm ready.
How do I make it?

fuck 1/2/3/4, I just want to have a 2min conversation with a stranger ;_;

Look straight, or into their eyes if its a cute girl
Noone does that.

>No one does that.

The fuck? It's common courtesy to smile and say hello to passersby when you're out hiking or whatever. I think you're an autist.

They live in a large city user.

Hiking or on a path in a park. Same thing. The bigger question is why are all these awkward dorks walking like old people instead of jogging/running?

This works great for middle Americans used to the courtesy of a common greeting. However, in urban areas, no one cares about anyone else. Except sometimes, however, blacks will do a head nod.

I'll either just glance at them and glance past them, or just avoid eye contact altogether, but still look in the forward direction and look at the ground I am walking/biking on. If I receive a greeting, I return it. If they move out of my way, I extend a greeting out to them in return.

It is key to keep to the right, if in the States. I would presume in Europe you would do the opposite.

This.

Not even the most social butterflies greet strangers here. And I live on a mediterranean country.

delet

When you’re walking on a city street? Sure. But walking or jogging through your local park on a nice day? I always smile and nod or wave as I’m passing by.

what the fuck even is this?

Why does it have to be a park?

STARE. THE. MOTHERFUCKER. DOWN.

Casually look behind you, shout out really loud "SHIT!", and immediately starting fucking running towards the stranger. I met my current GF doing this.

>that feel when someone is approaching but they're like 500 feet away

Jesus christ do I stare at them? Pretend not to see them? Pretend to be really interested in the walls and buildings? What did people do before smartphones?

We need to invent teleportation asap

Do what you would do if they weren't there, retard.

What a retard... just walk past, if they look at you just look back and say "hi" or something...we in Scotland usually say "alright?" to each other on the passing. Its just courtesy.

One time a guy was walking with his gf, I wasn't even looking at the gf I just looked at the guy (no homo) and he wanted to start a fight asking me wtf I was looking at.

Lol I'm just walking bro, he just barked for a little bit and didn't even do shit. Made it seem like he was reaching for smth, like it's broad daylight bro, if you're gonna shoot me or smth just do it fgt.

Make the same "Haha long time no see!" joke every single time you pass that person

I mog them

>if male
one stare and don't_fuck_with_me_face.jpg
> if LONDON
eye contact and fuck_with_me_face.jpg
>if HAES
laugh

he's a very attractive sperg

is this pasta

at that point it's rape or be raped

Don't be a mouth breather for one thing. If you are in a place where you will encounter many people like this doing a bit of mewing and keeping good posture will unironicaly help. So when you make eye contact and smile keep your mouth closed and continue breathing from the nose. Makes it a very slight unintimidating smile. Try to be approachable. Dress well and carry yourself well. Don't wear headphones/earbuds. Think of presenting yourself as someone your grandparents if they were on vacation would feel comfortable asking for directions if they walked by them on the street.

i find it helps to tell people to suck off their dad

not there for exercise just there to be outside and maybe find an empty spot to sit down

No offense but criminals will try to attack you if you don’t acknowledge them in the street because it means you’re anxious & scared. They also like to attack people who walk manually. Be careful bros.

Can't speak for an entire race but this white guy does it because of the occasional social panic and fake smiling does not come naturally. It's a split second decision and I only make the right decision about 1/4. I've learned to just do a head nod.

>walk manually

As opposed to what... digitally?

say hello and smile again :)

You act like a creepy, old, weirdo. Sit at home you freak.

this might sound fake, but video games helped me, specifically voice chatting with randoms in matchmaking
from there I moved on to private lobbies doing custom games, and that helped me when I went to college
custom games and college got me most of the way to being comfortable around people, the last little bit was getting a job in a grocery store

you just look where you're going until they're within the outer personal space region, then you flash a smile at them and go back to looking where you're going

>college
>grocery store
Kek

I didn't finish because of a few bad choices
even if I had I would've gotten a certificate or an associate's degree, getting a bachelor's when you're poor is borderline impossible