I took 10mg of pic related for the first time and finally got a solid 8hrs of sleep

I took 10mg of pic related for the first time and finally got a solid 8hrs of sleep.

But when I woke up and went to workout (even after taking pre workout) I felt all sluggish and shit and really had a less than average gym sesh. Are these normal side effects?

Yeah. I don’t take them unless I know I can get at least 9-10 hours of sleep, otherwise I feel like shit.

I take 3mg doses. No problem getting mind to wake up.

idiot, start of with 1.5mg, 3mg if you have a legitimate sleeping problem. Hangover is common with melatonin the first couple times. Make sure you take it the same time everyday as well.

I think I might’ve fucked myself then because I only bought 10mg pills...

Can I cut them in half?

i popped 30mg of melatonin
and got stuck in that half awake-half asleep phase for 6-7 hours, decided to get up cause i was fed up with never being able to properly drift off.
I was barely able to stand up straight without falling face first.

How the fuck does not even 30mg of melatonin knock me out.

It's not even like i had been using them frequently/gotten resistant either.

Break them into smaller pieces or buy diff ones. I use 1.5mg and it's fine but you can take even less and apparently it's still effective.

Take 60mg

a-user i..
i'm only 72kg..
i'll die

you don't need 10mg. that stuff is a great value since you half or quarter the pills and thus it lasts like a year

It's a sleep aid. It's not like a baseball bat to the head. Melatonin is the chemical that tells your body that it's time to go to sleep but it won't knock you out.
If you really wanna get KO'd, drink nyquil.

Because if you take too much (which you fucking did) it fucks your sleep cycle. You should only be taking a 1.5mg dosage

Can't OD on it. No screens at all for 2 hours before bed. 20 minutes before you want to fall asleep take 60mg and take a shower or something to pass time. Have a dream diary ready near the bedside for when you wake up.

0.2 mg is enough to stimulate the melatonin receptors, they are very sensitive like nipples. you gotta suck and caress them. lick and tease the head, dont go to hard youll give yourself shock.

try 1 mg - 3 mg dosage

Same here

Op ive taken melatonin for years. Yes those are normal. Id take 3 mg unless you need more.

Melatonin takes half an hour for me to kick in. Take one and go to bed then. Dont try to stay awake and stop the momentum, or that happens.

10 mg is fucking insane. One study found 0.3 mg (300 mcg) was enough for people to fall asleep easily but not be groggy. I wouldn't ever use more than 3 mg unless you're really having trouble, usually just 1 or 0.3 mg is fine

I used to take this but became dependent on higher and higher dosages to go to bed and it only made things worse.

been taking 1mg melatonin for 3 years now, no need to go any higher imo

no you’ll die if you do

this is bullshit since the dosage doesnt even matter beyond like 1mg

2-3mg of melatonin is plenty for me when I don't feel tired but need to get to sleep.

every other sleep aid makes me feel useless the next day. melatonin does exactly the right thing; makes you feel sleepy for nights when you don't feel sleepy.

It def matters... The optimal dose is at like 1-2mg extended release and anything else just lingers in your body making you feel like shit.

I take 2mg XR every night.

>10mg
That's a bit much, I use 3mg and it works fine

Duh

Diminishing returns