R/bodyweightfitness recommended routine

How many of you guys do calisthenics? Post routines, experiences, insights, body, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/Bfml4BGAhK8/
instagram.com/p/BbLTzP6AOmc/
t-nation.com/training/12-hamstrings-exercises-for-hardasses
bodyweightwarrior.co.uk/ebook/
startbodyweight.com/p/start-bodyweight-basic-routine.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Veeky Forums doesn't do calisthenics, but it will. I'm here to make that change with you bro.

Wait I just wanted to discuss fitness not start a revolution.

i look exactly like that and ive been doing calisthenics for 5 years straight

OP here. I guess I'll start some discussion. I was doing a brosplit three days a week for the past few months.
>chest/triceps
>back/biceps
>shoulders/chest/back/legs

I like my gains but want to take a break and hoping that something like the r/bwf recommended routine would be good maintenance. The only difference is I'm doing weighted squats instead of the bodyweight progression along with deaflifts.

I just recently started getting into calisthenics, but I mix it in with weights.

Too late

I support you user.

Started yesterday with it.

But i want to add it to my current routine (20km running + yoga Monday-Thursday-Friday////Texas the other 3 and 1 day resting). Shit is quite hard desu.

I do calisthenics as a warm up. That's it.

I do calisthenics in addition to lifting
no reason to limit yourself to one or the other
lift twice a week and usually one day of calisthenics done in a kind of circuit training

>I'm doing weighted squats
desu I don't see any reason to limit yourself to bw, do weighted calisthenics unless you're interested in gymnastics or showing off some tricks

don't listen to anything from that antranik fag
dude is weak as shit

Calisthenics is allowed only with GSLP
>push-ups daily
>sit-ups daily
>dead-hang chin-ups daily
>burbees 100 in 5 min daily
>lifting three times a week
>compounds
>no faggotry

hi i just started calisthenics, here is my routine..

pushup 3x10
pullup 5x3
squat 3x20

should i add?

Here you go, friends

Gonna get too bulky if you do that much unless you tie balloons to yourself.

hm?

YOU ARE GOING TO GET TOO BULKY WORKING OUT SO MUCH user

Kek at barbell squats being considered weighted calisthenics. I like it desu

Antranik is based

if you really look into it you realize most of the main compounds are calisthenics apart from the DL
squats, pullups, dips before it was remplaced by bench, and even OHP is basically an easier handstand PU

Shit's good. My routine these days includes:

>muscle ups
>full ROM handstand pushup on wall (can't balance yet)
>one-arm pushup
>one-arm chinup progressions with towels and shit
>dragon flag

in addition to deadlift, back squat, front squat, and bench. Also do pistols when I'm traveling and/or don't have access to gym.

add some handstand, some abs and core
add weight when you can do more than 20 reps
and you could add some hammies like ghr or ring curls

Yep. V cool outlook on it. Currently working calisthenics myself along with cardio and mobility. Feel better with a lighter frame and need to keep weight relatively light for sport so it's great. Really exciting to figure out different movement patterns in the body and growing stronger thru them. Skipping is also fantastic.

Tbh working on a theory that weights can offer the most benefits towards increasing rom and mobility, having spent a few years focusing mainly on cardio and yoga.

Apologies for that segue lol, interest just piqued in this thread

Get a copy of US Army FM 7-22. There is a complete basic training program which includes calisthenics and running.

fatass progressing in pullups, can do sets 3 dead hangs now, 4-5 sets spread throughout the day @ 6'2 240lbs 25%ish bf
is this considered strong at all or do I still have a ways to go?

>lunges
where my lunge bros at?

once I week I do this routine
3 sets
33 push ups
33 sit ups
33 air thrusts
33 lunges
bunch of preacher bar stuff x12. squats,lat raises, press ups, calfs, shoulder shrugs etc.

Check the routine mentioned in the OP.

Lunges are great. Do em with some elevation on back leg for increased rom too

This would be good if some of the progressions weren't hard AF.

For example, going from inverted rows straight to front lever rows is an overkill.

Opinions on my routine?
>50 pushups
>50 supermans
>50 reverse pushups
>1.5m crunch
>50 curls (using leg as dumbbell)
>200 crunches
>20 wide arm pushups
>100 squats
>20 decline pushups
Every other day. Just started yesterday. Am I doing too much?

>50 curls (using leg as dumbbell)
Excuse me?

>Stand against a wall
>Grab left ankle with left arm
>Bend down slightly
>Proceed to curl with it as if it were a dumbbell
You can also do it sitting (much easier). Range of motion is limited of course but it works. The only reason I'm doing calisthenics is because I'm too socially awkward for the gym. I'm hoping getting at least somewhat Veeky Forums will fix it.

both are said to be pretty shitty though

too much pushups and not enough back work

Greyskull lp also recommends cranking out press ups and pull ups every day. The physique that comes with those two exercises is desireable

>did calisthenics
>no progress for years
>joint pain
>burned my cns to shit
>barley for a free standing hspu and strict muscle up
>stall after that

Yeah not it's shit, i dropped bw 6 months ago and ive since picked up barbell training, now im hitting PRs weekly.

425 High bar squat
295 push jerk
250 push press
225 ohp
520 deadlift
375 clean

SOunds like a good way to let your main lifts go to shit and burn your tendons out

Are you fat?

how many calories should someone eat if doing bodyweight training? the same as bodybuilding training ?

calisthenics-only routines are valuable if and only if your time isn't worth a damn thing and if you're a redditor.

My shit uni gym doesn't have a squat rack, is bodyweight training the way to go? Or should I stick with machines and so?

If you're asking if im a not a twink then yes. I am not a twink.

This, you want to get strong pick up weights, if you want to be a skinny meme fag who can do handstands, do bw.

lol

What does calisthenics have over barbell training?

or do both and stop ebing a retard

Oh i do, but its only for gpp

>425 squat in 6 months
Yeah okay buddy

Whats funny fag?

you, twinkie boy
you're funny

Ive been training for 8 years, some of it barbell some calesthenics

Want to know whats funny?

but you don't?

You are your own gym is supposedly one of the few non-shit meme calisthenics programs, anyone that can confirm or deny?

They're all shit

>this is who reddit recommends
The guy's not even advanced, what's the problem with that place?

So you're fat. Put down the fork.

This One is a good one, can vouch for like 1 year using that chat + some fixes
Just do compounds 3 times a week.
AxAxAxx

Calculate the amount of calories you need to bulk/cut by monitoring the weight loss/ gain each week and count your calories. It’s hard to just say a calorie number

>one arm chin ups
>straddle planche
instagram.com/p/Bfml4BGAhK8/
instagram.com/p/BbLTzP6AOmc/

I adjust things every workout but the general principals are the same

>find new exercise
>max out to find my limit
>find an intensity level that I can train it at every day
>do it for an extended period with high volume
>increase weight until stall
>rest
>go for low volume with high intensity
>stall

Ocassionally I'll change my progression method, but if I stall for a single session I change something. That's given me pretty fast progress.

After I get a 15 second straddle planche hold I'll be doing something similar with trap bar deadlifts

Insights from this

>form progressions are very often inferior to counter resistance methods (especially pulley for OAC or FL and bands for planches)

>big rest times are God Tier for fast daily progress

>most resources out there suck and will give inferior results.

>tuck planche is straight fucking garbage and has almost no carryover to the straddle planche

>one arm chin ups are actually a decent pec workout

>one arm chin ups
nice
I've never been able and I've been trying for years
what's your opinion on the progression? weighted chins or archer and towel chins?

I do calisthenics, and have done a few sessioms follwing reddits routine. It's pretty good, and I like ot hetter than Foundation, which artificially limits your progress if you follow it to the letter. currently trying to find a way to use lifting to supplement calisthenics but there are no resources online.

Climbing harness hooked to pulley with counter weight. I got an OAC within 2.5 months.

How do guys like Barstarz look jacked and are able to do all that bodyweight work?

Feels nice being able to do pull ups with my weight and handstands n shit but i swear my muscles arent growing. My body generally looks the same, but i wanna be aesthetic. On a plus note, I did lose a lot of fat, but I think that was more because of my diet than any calisthenic routine

You sound weak

how?

Definitely should do calisthenics if fat fuck. Forced myself through when I weighed about 300 lb. Can bench 140kg now at 250 lb without training for the bench press, just had to get used to it.

archers are good. also 1 arm negatives.

>nothing
it's mainly for people who just started lifting. If you're a novice to advanced lifter it won't do anything aside from give you a pump that fades relatively fast.

this. i can't believe how someone as advanced can look as complete shit

He probably eats like shit. Imagine lifting low weights all the time. You'd look like him too.

I only do cardio and pushups and i look much better then him. Ottermode/10

Maybe you should start charging people for your calisthenics routine too.

It's a good routine, but lacks hams and lower back exercises. I'd drop the L-sit in favor of some kind of hip bridge / hip extension / assisted nordic ham curl.

I recommend some of these exercises to balance the lack of Deadlifts (even though only a deadlift can substitute a deadlift):

t-nation.com/training/12-hamstrings-exercises-for-hardasses

I prefer Tom Merricks bodyweight warrior beginners routine:
bodyweightwarrior.co.uk/ebook/

Or start bodyweight: startbodyweight.com/p/start-bodyweight-basic-routine.html

Good youtube channels to follow: FitnessFAQs, TomMerrick, GMB Fitness, TrainingPal, CalisthenicsMovement.

El Diablo got me in pretty good shape after one year doing it. The only complaint some people have to it is the alternating days of dips and push ups, which I think is much better than neglecting vertical press, like the reddit recommended routine does.

Convicted Conditioning got me into fitness in general, but I was lucky I changed its routine to El Diablo a couple of months in. It has too much volume every set (like 20~40) and some of progressions are pretty bad.

It's mostly less optimal for both strength and hypertrophy, but I find it much more fun to do since most progressions involve some kind of changing in pattern and some skill to learn instead of just making the bar heavier.

It can get you great results hypertrophywise, but its much slower.

6'3"
240lbs

I've been into strict calisthenics for the last 5-6 years. I've also dropped almost 100lbs in that time as well.

I do a daily morning routine consisting of squats, pushups, bridges, situps, chinups. All done till I feel a slight pump and some warmth then stretching.

MWF I'll do my morning routine then:
2-3 x 3-5 Assisted pistol squats
2-3 x 5-10 GHR
2-3 x Assisted hand stand pushups
2-3 x NF assisted one arm chinups
2-3 x 4-6 one arm pushups
2x3 x 6-10 hanging leg raises
Each done with 3-5 minutes of rest between each exercise and set.

Then 3-5 sets of:
Chinups x Near Failure
Pullups x NF
Hanging australian chinups x NF
Pike pushups x NF
Decline pushups x NF
Laying tricep extension x NF
Self resistance curls

T-Th
Morning routine as a warm up
Then
20 minute jog
or
1 hour walk
or
shadow boxing
or
burpee ladders
or
stretching
or
tabata workout:
Squats till lactic acid build up starts
Pushups till lactic acid build up starts
50 short bridges
Pike situps till lactic acid build up
Chinups till failure
Rest for 3 seconds then repeat 5 times or till 5-20 minutes have passed.

Not impressive I know. But I'm in no hurry.
I like the journey.

>doing calisthenics for size
LOL. Fucking retard

any current body pic ?
or all of this is just a meme

IMO it has it's ups and downs like anything. but the good is:
>cheap, little to no equipment required
>incorporates cardio and strength training into one routine
>generally fast paced and can be done in a shorter amount of time
>circuits can be done multiple times if you want
>good for endurance training

there are some other positives but these are the main ones to me.