How did ancient people get fit without proper workout regimens and diets?

How did ancient people get fit without proper workout regimens and diets?

> thinking the ancient Greeks and Romans didn't have good diets and exercise

n e v e r g o n n a m a k e i t

Not being a degenerate society, food being nutritious af without processed shit, raw onions.
Training all your life along with your fellow citizens.

Testosterone boost from dominating conquered slaves all day.

They were all manlets.

this

Thirding. It's much easier to look fit when the average male height is 5'5.

>proper workout
What do you think a gymnasium was?

>diet
The Mediterranean diet back then was just as good as it is today. Perhaps even better, considering back then noodles from China hadn't arrived in Italy yet, bloating their meals with high carb pasta. Also, ye olde breadde was a lot more fiber rich than modern bread. That, and poorfags couldn't just go "I'm hungry, maybe I'll grab a snickers instead of an apple".

Romans loved getting Veeky Forums and believed that a sound mind could only swell in a Veeky Forums body. They also thought it's not gay to fuck a man in the ass so they'd fit right in here.

>Not being a degenerate society
Why is /pol/ always so retarded?

>be ancient Greek athlete
>be 5ft2 on average
>live a hard working life with lots of manual labour
>the environment isn't fucked and my food poisoned
>hit natty limit
>guy high on shrooms makes marble statue of me and massively exaggerates my gains to comedical levels
>tfw he also altered my dick and made it smaller than it is

The Greeks were degenerate af. Almost every nobleman had a gay fuckboy.

Greeks had a high protein diet, it included a lot of fish. They ran, wrestled, swimmed and rowed.
The rowers of Athene trained very hard, they were the backbone of their army.

Work back then was very physical. No cars, bycicles or such things. Even horse riding is exhausting. They walked and worked all day, every day. Plus, their diet had nearly no sugars and such.

He's not wrong though. A society that worships virtue results in the pursuit of virtuous bodies. A society that worships vice results in viceful bodies. America's obesity epidemic has many causes, but most can be led down to a degenerate culture that celebrates instant gratification and believes everyone is equally beautiful. It derides hard work and calls the good natured chumps, it seeks to disarm and degrade, tear everything good and holy down to the level of base gutter whores. We're all equal in the grave, and the spirit of America is dead.

Greeks didn't do much manual labor. At its peak the ratio of slaves to citizens was like 10:1 in Athens.

That's why I said athlete

>Bicycles
>Not physical

>hard working life with lots of manual labor

They did what most of Veeky Forums doesn´t; lifted.

>>tfw he also altered my dick and made it smaller than it is
the dicks on greek statues all look like 100% flaccid dicks should look.
most dicks are just aroused to a degree all the time, from looking at yoga sloots etc.

>ancient people
>anything but degenerate
The absolute state of /pol/ brainlets. Greek society was probably the most degenerate shit back then.
Most greeks were highkey pedo faggots.

You've heard of something called the Olympics, right?

not the guy you responded to, but i bet even back then people had natty hobbies and a day job too

>greeks

unironically this

They did have programs. The stongest man ever lifted a cow everyday.

would you fuck about if you risked going to war every few months?

Herakles lifted a cow ed?

try 5'3

Cows weigh 1 ton, brainlet

iirc they ancients valued the nuts more than the shaft
they were more of an indicator of fertility and so they made statues with large and prominent ballsacks

>pyramids built 2500 bc
>thinking people still hadn't figured out how to get ripped before then

modern day bred for purpose cows often weigh that much but some malnutritioned basic cattle in greece would've weighed much less

i think it's also because free men kept their balls while slaves got theirs chopped off
and so balls were a symbol of power as well

>he isnt chad enough to dominate other men
Not gonna make it

so only 500 - 800 kg?

The statues / pictures that we have are highly idealised representations of the human form. Not everyone looked like that obviously but they show what the Greeks/Romans thought were desirable.

Physical prowess was celebrated because art was aimed at men who might fight (or have fought in wars - either in citizen armies or as aristocratic warriors). Warfare involved and required physical strength more than anything else and so it's unsurprising that there are not too many statues of fatties hunched over a desk.

They all had qt bfs. No homo.

I wonder future generations of brainlets will watch The Hulk and ask how people in the 21st century managed to get so fit.

>Fit people didn't exist in antiquity

alpha as fuck

They killed you if weren't fit

fit people existed
people as big as that statue of Hercules is did not, it's well beyond the natty limit
and since it's a statue of Hercules which is quite literally superhuman his proportions are intentionally very exaggerated

This thread has been posted at least two hundred times before, and my answer will always be the same:

Sculptures like the ones in OP's pic are from Renaissance-era Italy. They were made at a time when an artist knew enough about human anatomy to extrapolate what the perfect human form would look like.

If one looks at actual ancient Greek or ancient Roman statues, all the figures are DYEL, otter mode at best.

>liking cute boys
>degenerate

Just having sex with a woman and being a hard-working man gets the testosterone levels high enough.

Give her the ol' lickaroo

Those are artistic renditions of demi gods, not high resolution photos. They would even add muscles that don't exist on the human body to drive the point home. They didn't look like bronze statues. Also go outside and do manual labor all day, that will get you a decent athletic body

Unironically my penis looks like that when flaccid

Ironically do not have a Greek god body

>Tfw your penis would've been the ideal 2500 years ago

>If one looks at actual ancient Greek or ancient Roman statues, all the figures are DYEL, otter mode at best.

Post some

Not that guy, but he may have a point.

Isn't this a wounded enemy, though? I wouldn't make my enemies the peak of humanity either.

>"Ayy Attalus, what position should I sculpt this statue in?"
>"The least flattering position possible."
>"I gotchu, senpai."

this statue features one of the biggest guys you'll find in Greek statues
the guy is big but not absurdly so like the Hercules one

Well shit.

Alright, everyone disregard my original post (), apparently I was wrong.

this guy looks good, very solid ottermode but he's not huge
this is very typical of idealized Greek statues, prominent well proportioned abs, moderately sized arms and developed but not huge legs

Actually they were in the 200-400 kg range

t. pathetic dicklet

fuck off centurion piece of shit

pasta noodles where invented separately in italy and china. I used to have a source for this but there was an Italian soldier who recorded his estate holdings as having "Dried pasta" at around the same time Marco Polo started his trip to china.
But yea they did eat better, whole grain and barley bread lettuces and cabbages, and other vegetables and figs while having meat very rarely led to them becoming manlets but being able to get somewhat fit.
And all those animal sacrifices where sorta a church BBQ.

this statue of Hercules (one in OP) is a marble copy of a bronze cast of Herakles (the greek version) made by Lyssipos who lived during the time of Alexander the Great. This specific statue is from 216 AD and was used in one of Rome's largest public bath houses at the time.
It's only called the Farnese Hercules now because that's the name of the guy that recovered it in the 1500s (Alessandro Farnese).

This board has seriously gone to shit.

this

>continuing to perpetuate the onion meme

Veeky Forums is brainlet central

"Man up, pussy" - Wise Statue Man

>Farnese Hercules
>Renaissance

user, we have multiple copies of it which all date to the 2nd century AD

>runs around half-erect
>claims he is biggus dickus

Dicks were sculpted smaller to not distract from the sculpture as a whole. Sorry dicklet.

You fucking mongs.

These statues are based on several people, picking separate people with separate nichés. and still exaggerating their qualities to create the God-like impression. These people aren't representative of anyone real living during ancient times.

Ancient greeks literally had planned meals and Aristotle used this to prove one of his points.
And also daily exercise and clean good foods. They would bulk on sheep yogurt,cheese,shittons of legumes and sometimes goat milk. Just started this diet 2 months ago and im seeing great improvements.

Hahahhaha I can be in the middle of a heavy-gym session and my dick still won't be as small as those statues

Me on the left

>raw onions

>not preferring an accurately sculpted penis
what are you gay?

That pose thou

>raw onions

I think you're on to something there.

Me on the right

>supermang learns to deadlift

There are many kinds of degeneracy. While pederasty is certainly one of them I'd argue that having a culture that promotes amorality, self-destruction and zero personal responsibility is far more of an issue

its a samefag

carrying 100 lbs of armor and gear hundreds of miles into battle.

what's your diet exactly?

>100 lbs

How many ancient people have you seen other than a statue of hercules? Jesus christ you guys are retarded. The majority of ancient peoples were malnourished with the exception of few that had an abundance of food. Granted all were tough as hell probably because they had to be

Doesn't everyone's penis look like that wen flaccid?

>bronze breast plate, bronze helmet, bronze shield, sword + spear.

That would be closer to 60 lbs, and reserved for the elite. The citizenry had to provide their own equipment and even during the archaic period, when armies where smaller, soldiers would rely only in their aspis for protection, because bronze was pretty damn expensive. Later on linothorax and others like it would be the norm right up to the Roman conquest. Your average hoplite would probably carry something closer to 40 lbs

There was no tv and video games to sit on your ass all day.

Everyone did manual labor, go to a construction site and see how many pussies you see.

Romans > Greeks. Romans were stoic, conquering, more organized, and realized that some people were inherently better than others. And gladiators were awesome.

Greeks, on the other hand, gave us democracy (i.e. informed mob rule) and pedophilia.

We need a new Rome.

mirin'

im convinced this is the dumbest fucking board on the entire site. holy fuck

>looks at American construction site
>see illegal beaners and fat white guys

Umm...you might want to rethink your example.

I love Cicero so much, he's the best, fuck Ceasar, i'd stab that little bitch too, what a whore, destrying the republic , fuck that, Cicero is da man

Because gym thots are around, and because your not working out hard enough!

I don't understand

It's a reference to the comic with that fat woman looking at old paintings of fat people

don't forget the little peepee and big balls

>big balls
i got bad news for you little roider