Is keto diet a good way to lose weight without excercise? I've already lost 4kg

Is keto diet a good way to lose weight without excercise? I've already lost 4kg.

if you are obese, or morbidly obese, then yes

if not that, then no. its not worth it.

Yes.

Why do you think it's less effective at burning fat when you aren't as fat?

my weight loss from last year. just keto, barely any exercise, would fuck around in planet fitness once a week. the weeks with weight swings were either alcohol related or falling off the keto wagon temporarily.

this year i'm strength training, back to a carb diet, and my weight is staying around 170 which is a comfortable weight.

good way to show everyone how much of a retard u are

You feel as though your switch back to carbs was out of necessity or you slightly giving back in to the temptation of eating yummy food?

Isn't getting some natural carbs when feeling sick ok?

Keto is mom science.

But does it work?

both. i know there are examples of "ketogains" but i want to stick to the diet that has been proven to work in strength training for a century, not experiment and hope for the best. but keto works for fat loss, so if i ever get fat again, i'll keto and fast again.

My buddy said that after strict protein diet his kidneys failed.

if you're keto and feel "sick" it's almost always dehydration or lack of electrolytes.

strict protein is dumb and your dumb buddy should've seen a doctor. neither keto or a traditional strength diets are "strict protein".

Yes. Works on different levels.

Psychologically, if you make yourself keto/low-carb, you immediately cancel out 99% of shit food: bread, gluten, desserts, sodas, fruits, sweets, etc.. So they don't even become options if you choose to commit to it.

Physiologically, constantly elevated levels of insulin prevent your body from accessing fat stores. And as you continue being in ketosis, your body becomes more adapted to using fat as fuel so you aren't as tired as someone first starting.

most of the thread is anti-keto. So, get rekt.

proteins have a moderate insulin kick that is probably enough to make your body absorb all the protein if that's your concern. But since you were already able to stick to keto for 10 months, you still have that in your back pocket if you really slip.

>proteins have a moderate insulin kick that is probably enough to make your body absorb all the protein if that's your concern.
it's just the fact that there are thousands of big dudes who ate normal carb-based diets to get big, and a handful of guys who got moderately sized with keto alone. i follow whatever diet is proven to work, and clearly one is great for fat loss, and another is great for building muscle mass.

when i get old, i might stick to keto. but for now im young and want to get big.

>im young and want to get big
Why? You still don't work with your brain in 2018? Physical work is for plebs and will destroy your body sooner than working in front of computer.

How long have you been at it?

>everyone who is physically strong does physical work

Yes keto works, as my biochemistry professor used to say its probably one of the best documented diets and the one that actually is based on the real biochemical pathways of a human body.
Everyone who says keto is a mom's science is a total brainlet.

I'll bite...

Yes, enjoy your old age with a bad back, fragile skeleton and weak muscles, make sure to buy lifealert. Also enjoy your shit endurance, poorly regulated hormonal functions, higher stress levels, poor appearance, no virility, ED and increase risk for disease and death.

Over 2 weeks? My joints hurt...

I work while standing and travel by bike to stay in shape.

I started one week ago today. 2 kg. is what I lost. That's a lot. I squat a lot

keto has never outperformed a calorie controlled diet in ward stidies

keto is actually worse than mom science, b/c some mom science is right to a degree

in a controlled diet setting, sure. but i don't live in a controlled scientific experiment. was easier for me to just make bacon and eggs every morning, have a meaty dinner, and snack on some avocados, tuna or pork rinds every once in a while. was never hungry. didn't have to count a single calorie. just had to check that i wasn't buying things with carbs/sugar.

Post proof

you're the one saying that keto works, so you post it. post a ward study where keto has outperformed a calorie controlled diet.

pro tip: yu cant

You still control your caloric intake on keto you mongrel, otherwise it would make no sense...

Aren't american doctors and scientists bought by big pharma? I trust Slavs when it comes to dietary science. If Americans were so smart they wouldn't be fat.

>keto has never outperformed a calorie controlled diet in ward stidies

No, you made a claim, post your proof

It is the only way to lose weight. When you eat sugar, the density of your fat fuck face increases by a factor of 10, this has many effects. A strong gravitational attraction between your fork and your face develops, meaning only body builders have the strength to get the fork out of their mouths, making it literally impossible to put down the fork. Even worse, all calories hit your stomach at 10 times the speed meaning your body thinks it ate 10 times as much food and creates 10 times as much fat.

LOL

This shit diet gives people diabetes whether you lose weight or whether you're fat.

You claimed that he claimed that while he actually claimed something else because those words have a different meaning to him.
So prove he meant that.
Lmao you can't read his mind?
Guess you're wrong then, bucko :)

>No, you made a claim, post your proof
refute it if you dont agree with it. just one study will do.

pro tip: you cant

Wrong! I were in the hospital and they say that my bood is near perfect and I have no insulin resistance. Only both types of cholesterol are in the higher norm.

>No, you made a claim, post your proof
refute it if you dont agree with it. just one study will do.

pro tip: you canntt

>keto has never outperformed a calorie controlled diet in ward stidies
Prove it. You made the claim, why should I refute something based on no evidence? Let me make a claim, little men live on the back of the moon, post me one piece of evidence that they don't.

its not that its more or less effecient, but when you are already lean, but want to really lift hard and put on macros, your macros are going to change, thus failing to be a ketogenic diet anymore

Shut the fuck up, there are no little men on the back of the moon. How would we even breathe there?

of bone density,water and glycogen, hit the gym fag

yeah

Not him, but the only reason I started eating carbs again is that my lifting is more productive when I do.

I would have been content to stay on a Paleo meat and veggies keto diet otherwise.

I need to lose like 50 more lbs, down 20 in a month and it works.
Does anyone else just want to crawl into a hole and hide though? I feel so embarrassed at how crappy I feel I just don't want people to know. I moved back in with my dad and he is getting frustrated With how sick I feel all the time.

Idk if anyone else has completely lost their appetite

Yes, it is a good way to lose weight with or without exercise. I've lost 46lbs since October following it and stopped two weeks ago to start having more energy for working out.

Left: Me at week 1.
Right: Me this evening.

Congrats bud.

Thanks bro

mirin' over here brah, hoping for similar results, been on it since january and have already lost ~20lbs

Awesome man, 20lbs is brilliant. One thing I gotta say is you might notice it now a bit, but at some point soon it's just gonna change so fast. For me, it took the difference of about 2lbs from like 170 - 168 for everyone around me to suddenly notice ''holy shit, user is getting in shape''. Feels good man. You got that to look forward to.

can't wait for the mires to come rolling in, best of luck to you user

Just eat a normal diet for fucks sake. Whole plant foods with some lean meats on occasion. Keto is for retards who want a magic bullet while still eating all there shitty fatty foods. They loes weight and feel good at the start but it never lasts.