You have 20 seconds to give me one good reason why TRT shouldn't be prescribed as an antidepressant

You have 20 seconds to give me one good reason why TRT shouldn't be prescribed as an antidepressant.

What about women?

Because most of the time the problem has to do with lifestyle and mentality and extra T probably won't help that much.

And SSRIs will?

What? Come on. We're all men here.

because its illegal in my cuck country

What's your cunt?

>why TRT shouldn't be prescribed as an antidepressant

Half the population is female and even among males low T is a rare cause of depression

stop looking for an excuse to take steroids make up ur own mind

you are fake news

>tfw doc is prescribing me TRT for just that: depression / no drive. Final bloods come soon and low, pls.

Contraindications are legion and there are major risks with prolonged exogenous testosterone.

Having low T is a cause of depression, I can literally tell when my testosterone spikes because I can get horny and don't feel like sitting on my ass all day, so fuck you.
t. 381ng/dl

Lifestyle changes will.

Guys SSRIs are not a miracle cure for depression. They help people who are so severely depressed that they cannot actively make changes to their lifestyle. The SSRIs help to remove the fog and give those folks the ability to start making the changes the want to see. That's it. That's all they do. I've been on them before, and that's exactly what happened. They acted like a lighthouse so I could find the shore and start swimming towards it.

Never said anything about taking jew pills

On test for 8 weeks, feel great but still look like left

Jew pills don't help for the most part they just make you feel ok having a shitty life. I got of my rut without taking any pills, i got them prescribed but only took them for a week or so.

SORT YOURSELF WITHOUT JEW PILLS

Travel, get buff, get back in school. Make yourself into the man you want to be. Stop being content. SSRIs is just like weed, makes you content on living shitty.

did you even bother to read the post you replied to?

Yes he says something that it doesn't do for majority of people.

They're more likely to shoot up a school than actually make meaningful life changing decisions off it.

birth control containing estrogen is readily accessible and widely encouraged for healthy women as it has a myriad of positive benefits. this has even gotten to a point where there is a discussion of including it in basic health insurance.

TRT is impossible to get for a healthy man and very difficult for one lacking in natural testosterone despite the fact that it, too, has a myriad of positive benefits. there is no discussion of it being covered by insurance and there is a very clear social stigma towards men who seek out external testosterone for ANY reason.

There is no fucking way birth control is as positive as they say it is. I really believe there is something going on with that. The only negative effects they'll admit to is that it kills sex drive and they give off less pheromones.

because unless you have a legitimate hormone deficiency you shouldn't do it

23y/o soyboy here, relationship ended because I was too depressed and could never stay hard. test is 297ng/dL which my doctor said was in normal ranges. but we both know that the average for 80 year old men isn't normal for a 23 year old male

Birth control is legitmately horrible for women and the effects never fully go away.

isnt it a problem if you ever start taking any you become dependant for life?

id rather work on getting my t up naturally than be dependant on a needle forever

>not all depression is caused by low testosterone, and testosterone doesn't treat all forms of depression
>most men are within the normal clinical range for testosterone
>excess testosterone and especially exogenous testosterone can cause significant health problems
>other negative side effects that come with exogenous testosterone supplementation such as acne, mood swings, etc

Not saying it shouldn't be perfectly legal to put in your body whatever you want, but testosterone ain't the end all be all. More testosterone isn't always better, especially from the lens of physical and mental health. If you're in the normal range of testosterone you're perfectly fine. No, there is no jewish conspiracy against you

Does T really keep your skin good? I thought it made it all rough and thick.

So low test make my joints weak??

If you already have high test it won't change your mood. Especially if its from trauma. but if you have low test, gear does fucking wonders.

haha it's my ex and my current bf side by side, how fun

>most men are within the normal clinical range for testosterone

The clinical range is fucking ridiculous. It is not clinically normal for a 25 year old male to have the same testosterone levels as an 80 year old male. It is going to impact his quality of life and his health significantly and is not that uncommon. Yet those levels, at least here in the UK, will be considered 'fine' and you'll be sent on your way with the hormone profile of a geriatric old fuck to spend the rest of your life moping about in a miasma of low energy and mental and physical weakness.

The first thing they should check, when a man asks for help with depression, is his testosterone levels and should then supplement him up to the peak healthy levels of a man his age. Cheap, easy, effective... If that doesn't give the change needed, then more invasive options can be considered (like hopping on SSRIs to significantly alter brain chemistry).