What tricks do you have for your mind to get yourself to actually go to the gym?

what tricks do you have for your mind to get yourself to actually go to the gym?

I've been telling myself tomorrow for about 5 years now, and it really is starting to pain me

Other urls found in this thread:

lifehacker.com/terry-crews-fitness-secret-treat-the-gym-like-a-spa-1744582572
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Come on, you fucking liar

She's preggers right?

"I'm going to die on Everest if I don't train today"

Preworkout. Take Pre-Jym (C4 if poor) and wait 30 mins for the fidgeting and pinpricks to set in. If you fight it you will get legit sick on Pre-Jym or be scratching at yourself like a meth head on C4.
I used this method to get myself to the gym after (every) crushing day at work. Now going to the gym is a habit.

I can't take preworkout I take adderall every day and have heart problems already

If you start to go you'll start to progress. Making progress is fun and will make you addicted. Do what your future self will be proud of you for or suffer the consequence of crushing regret like you are right now. Stop being degenerate.

I've got this one secret trick which NEVER EVER fails. I'm going to post this only this one time on the Internet. Ready?

JUST FUCKING GO TO THE FUCKING GYM!

There. Secret's out. Shit. Can't patent that now.

You think too much. Just go.

There are no tricks. You just fucking go, you faggot. Learn some discipline.

pussy I take vyvanse and preworkout

Jesus. I can't even remember what that's like.

It pains me NOT to lift regularly.

Stop saying tomorrow and say "today" instead. One step at a time to get you there, dont think about the pain or the gain just fucking GO. Ease yourself into it, dont over exert at first and listen to your body especially if you have heart issues. Learn about calisthenics and work up to doing light cardio 4-5x a week. Go from there. Eventually you will crave the feeling of the sweat you earned washing off you in a refreshing cold shower and admiring your transforming self. Find a big picture purpose and dont lose sight of it. For me its my future children and mental health gains. Feeling better than I have in years and you can too. Stop waiting for motivation to come around to you and be it for yourself.

i usually think about how ill feel after the workout

Also this.

If it's daytime in your timezone, go. Go now.

If it's nighttime in your timezone, go tomorrow.

If you do neither of these, we of Veeky Forums NEVER want to hear from you again. You will be dead to us.

Part of me not wanting to go to the gym is having gone to the gym consistently for 2 years with a destined plan to get bigger. An end goal. right now I don't know if I should bulk or cut because my only motivation is to look good and healthy for summer (currently skinnyfat). I'm constantly going back and forth between wanting to gain or lose weight and it fucks with my motivation to dedicate myself

no, lol

I simply scream internally at myself and cuss myself out reminding me of the failures of my past

"You fucking pathetic loser. Look how many fucking years you wasted you stupid waste of life. The best years are behind you now. Look at your old ass at 27, and you smashed what, 2 girls? One of those was the prostitute you lost your virginity to. You're already fucking balding you worthless cuck. You're trash. You're garbage. Get your betafuck ass to the gym before you waste the rest of your life you fucking piece of shit"

I know the skinny fat struggle, friend. Dont give up. Right now Im doing a clean bulk, even with summer coming because I was basically a skeleton last year. Im doing mostly leg (am grill want ass/leg gains, you could switch this to upper if you wanna try for ottermode to start) and full body workouts (lifting and bodyweight) 3-4x a week with a cardio day or two if Im feeling too energetic to rest. So far its been going great. My guess is that you need to be more careful with your diet.

That doesn't work for me, the reason I give myself not to work out is because I spend my time doing other important things. I work 12 hour days at SpaceX and looking good has long fallen to the wayside

just fucking go faggot,

slide

Having a workout partner helps

What's so fucking difficult about exercising for an hour? I guarantee you spend many more hours doing totally pointless shit. I don't care if you go to the gym. God you're a fucking pussy

>I've been telling myself tomorrow for about 5 years now,
I want normies to leave.

Dude I can't wait to go to the gym. I'm sad that I can only lift 3-4 times a week. I am always pumped to lift weights really big confidence boost man

Find something about the gym that is fun. I basically did what Terry Crews said by accident, now I look for excuses from social events just so I can go to the gym.

lifehacker.com/terry-crews-fitness-secret-treat-the-gym-like-a-spa-1744582572

(((going to the gym)))

If you ever find yourself saying "I should go to the gym", don't just be satisfied with that idea. Reward yourself with such a great idea by dropping whatever it is you're doing and going to the gym. If you can't do that, you'll be a slob forever and no one, not even the intellectuals of Veeky Forums, can help you.

I just think, if I start now, I'd be where I want to be faster. Even if you have an awful workout, consistency is what really changes your body. You just need to go out and do it, if you want change.

The dream that someday I'll feel love compels me.

Preworkout works the first time but doesn't have any effects on me the next time I try taking it. Have tried multiple brands and it's the same result. Is this normal?

Think about your dream girl. Who would she rather be with, you or Chad? Now go become Chad

kind of pathetic but often times I'll see a picture of a hot in-shape grill and think "fuck I better hit the gym now"

I also just enjoy the way my body looks and how i feel when I'm strong

Every day I don't go to the gym is another day I'm not catching up to Chad.

i love those little bellys some girls have i dont fucking know why

Also just go faggot, once you go, you'll remember how much you like it

Get yourself a kid. When they hit that age when they learn how to walk, how to run and how to fuck up and destroy everything precious to you you'll be thanking the lord for every moment you don't have to watch after that duracell bunny. You should not have any motivational problem about going to the gym after that.

don't think about it, just go. if you're constantly fighting with yourself about whether you should go or not you are gonna lose eventually so don't think about it in the first place.

Pussy, I take Vyvanse and a line of blow

Put your gym kit in the car before work or whatever you do. Then do your day. Then when you finish your day, fill your shaker and drink it as you drive past the gym, with your gym kit on the passenger's seat or on your back, and know that the only person who can make you go is you but you currently only have excuses that aren't real.

Once you start forming habits and making gains it won't even be a hard thing to think talk yourself into. It's only something that needs a pep talk for a short time.

Do it now, not later.

It's deeply ingrained in my routine. Today was an off day and I caught myself driving in that direction and flipped a bitch. Autopilot aquired

If your body doesn't start itching and aching on its own if you go too long without working out you're either not working out hard enough or haven't been working out for very long.

I feel like I'm missing something if I dont lift. Even on my rest day I feel like I'm missing out on potential gains.

Dont go to the gym. I dont want you there taking up a bench or bar for 3 cheat reps then flexing for 4 hours

Just go faggot
Saged.

Terry Crews had good advice I read in some article. Basically when you get in a slump, start using all the spa parts of your gym even if you don't lift that day, eat at the health food counter, have coffee and just read a magazine, sit in the sauna, etc. Just make the location part of your day every day no matter what... and have your bag with you 24/7.

Going to the gym is more important than doing specific exercises.
Just go and do literally whatever the fuck you feel like. Keep that up for a week or two until you're in the habit, then start thinking about routines etc.

>just have money bro lmao

I take a cocktail of drugs and alcohol that enable to masturbate furiously and threaten myself with suicide if I don't squat ATG.

IT'S A MINDSET

Set a real goal and work towards it. No wonder you don't go, "tomorrow" isn't a goal.

By bullying myself internally

>what tricks do you have for your mind to get yourself to actually go to the gym?
I just fucking go.

I'm a 300lb /fat/fuck and I'm down at the gym either every day or every other day somewhere between 12am and 9am, because I know if I don't I'll remain a /fat/fuck.

I just walk outside to my personal gym, cut downs so much time in travel.
That and microdose LSD.

My trick is to walk into my garage
>home gym masterrace

Prolly not. Once you start lifting you realize that all normie basic bitches have shitty posture in every way since all they have to do to look good is not being fat. So they are weak as hell and have forward leaning shoulders and the core barely supports the upper body like in OPs pick. And all these girls will eventually get fat...

Hate yourself and force change. I don't mean be disappointed. Completely hate your disgusting weak piece of shitness. Then force out set after set. Tick those boxes. Then learn to love going to the gym. It doesn't start with love it starts w hate.

For the majority of history the average life has been an experience of suffering and horror. Even today this is the experience for a lots of people. In North American and Europe we live the most comfortable easy lives in all of history. What have I done to deserve this, why do I get it easy? Lifting is a form of punishment to my body, to make my life less comfortable, less easy. To live a seditary lifestyle of endless consumption, pleasure seeking, and gluttony in a world filled with such suffering, is not only disgusting to me, but in my opinion immoral. I lift, I run, I challenge myself as a way to make amends for all the comforts I have, that I have done nothing to gain.

Mostly because I might as well kill myself if I don't get fit.

If I had to choose between losing my job and house and working out I'd keep working out. Your body is like your house, except you can't get a new one.

My gym is across the street, so I can roll out of bed, get dressed and go. I made it part of my routine.

I also feel like shit mentally and physically if I miss a day.

Say today not tomorrow. Get some willpower you fucking apathetic sack of shit.
Five years to convince yourself to do something is fucking pathetic, had you not been a lazy soyboy five years ago you'd be huge by now. Think about that. Will you still be fat and lazy five years from today, still asking Veeky Forums for a magic answer?

The best time to plant a tree was years ago. The second best time is now. Just go, brahs.