/OWG/ Olympic Weightlifting General

You fuckers let the general die

Other urls found in this thread:

usalimitless.com/collections/limitless-apparel/products/limitless-power-shoe
youtu.be/82lWeMxLUJo
youtu.be/hA5DexJoco4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who got the links?

>this fat, sloppy tub of shit is considered to be an """elite""" """olympic""" """weightlifter""" by the pudgy little dough boy manlets who stink up Veeky Forums by congregating ITT

hooooooooooooly shit. that is totally. fucking. EMBARRASSING. like.. THIS bloated turd is the best you've got? fuck. ing. LMFAO.

no bump you total faggot losers. there's a reason your shit stain "generals" slide into the garbage. cope.

Next time put sage in the name field. new fag. Also this fatty lifts more than you lmaooooo. Do you even bloat

>Next time put sage in the name field

that's not how it works, reddit shit bag. also,

>this fatty lifts more than you

nah. bounce weight off of your gut and body =/= lifting weight. get a clue you retard. no bump again.cope. lmaoooooooooooo.

Mind posting lifts?

Had a great lifting session yesterday and today no school / work. On the other side, I feel like I'm in the danger zone of getting sick. Gonna rest a few days.

Any tips to avoid getting sick?

>TFW a girl in the gym heightmogs me

>Everyone watching
>cleans and the short, dark haired cutie can be seen smiling, heaving breath and just a little twitch

Fuck anyone who doesn't want women to do that when they see you.

How do you know m8

How to avoid:
-vit C
-rest
-rest
-chill
-dont stress
-have some fun

I've been lifting for about 15 months (powerlifting) and want to incorporate some oly lifts into my routine to increase explosivity. Would it be ok to replace some deadlifts with cleans/power cleans, and replace some OHP with jerks? One last question; is it worth investing in weightlifting shoes as I'll only really use them for squats

>Cleans

You should already have shoes for squats. Unless you squat in flats, your squat shoes will also be used for power cleans and jerks. If you squat in flats, you'll want some heeled squat/weightlifting shoe for oly type lifts.

Also, Jerks are largely just for fun, to get the heaviest weight possible overhead (which is fun), and for competition. To train more explosive shoulder abduction and elbow extension, a push press might be better.

ALSO, particularly at first, when you're getting the hang of power cleans and not using a lot of weight, you won't need to replace deadlifts with them. Do them before deadlifts, and you still won't be terribly tired, because the power cleans are so much lighter than your deadlift.

Or do them on days you don't deadlift at all, they won't affect your recovery regarding pulls that much. You PROBABLY want to do them early in your workouts though, when you can still be FAST with the weight. The slow lifts are more easily done when you're tired, compared to fast lifts.

>The slow lifts are more easily done when you're tired, compared to fast lifts.
not that this applies in the context you're talking about with beginners but i've found when i'm already a little tired i can snatch better, because i don't have the strength to compensate for any technique faults, so i'm forced to using good technique

Boe

Bet that fat fuck can outrun and outjump you, not to mention tear your spine out and do jump rope with it. But, maybe you have a visible ab, good for you kid. Maybe 3-4 more empty headed slunts will slobber on your undersized fuckknob before you die than will ours.

That done by somebody in here? That's excellent. I'm not a regular, looking to add explosive movements and train flexibility though, this seemed like the place

>That done by somebody in here?
That's clarence kennedy aka clarence0 at the tube

lost my hookgrip straps :(

what u guys training today?

>snatch+hs
>clean pull
>squat
>heavy squat holds

>FS 8x3
>press 3x3
>db sitting press 3x10
>single arm rear delt db reverse fly 3x10
>bandwork for arms and back

so just to be clear... we are 90% sure he had a threesome with the two cuties watching him right?

oww my knee

lol no, dude looks like a nerd beta even with all those muscles.

jesus does he want to die?

why you weak faggot

>c+j
>clean pulls
>FS doubles

maybe some snatch variations. feeling slow boyos.

>avoid getting sick

don't smoke, whatever you do. i know it's the weekend, but it'll make you sick guaranteed. also don't sing. every time i feel a little something coming on, i get sick as a motherfucker super quick if i sing (like in the car or shower or whatever)

also drink lots and rest. lay off the coffee.

I've tried this once with 225. Basically, you just give a little bit of a push, let the fly up and put your head down, jump back and kind of push the weight away. It looks scary and impressive when you see someone do it but it feels really natural and easy when you do it yourself.

>225
pls be kg

lol same, dropping two plates from your back like that is one of the cuntiest things i can think of

Zinc

Day1mon
Overhead Press - Daily single 80% 3x5
Clean - Daily single 3x3
GHR 3xmax b4 failure
Day2 wed
Squat - Daily single - Daily single 3x5
Dumbell bench 3x10
jefferson curl 2x5reps

Day3 fri
Power Jerk - Daily single 3x3
Dead lift - Daily single 3x5

Day4sat
Snatch 6x2
Pause squat 3x3
Lat pull down 3x10

GPP workout1

Glute back bridge reps
hollow hold
pullups
Done in a circuit style for 20 min
GPP workout 2
reverse hyper
plank
dips
face pulls

Done in a circuit style for 20 min
Every day ill do technique work for snatch and clean.

So I checked my local wl gyms site and it says the yearly membership fee is only 35 €. Can it be that cheap? Also I'd need to send 'em email to become a member.. You think they'd let me in even though I'm weak as fuck?

Country?

Finland

Turku?

Jos Turussa niin se on 35€
Minkä ikänen oot? Jos alle 20 niin ilmanen kulkuranneke, jos yli 20 niin 2€/kerta

Täällä ja varmaan muillakin painonnostosaleilla päästetään kyllä kaikki treenaamaan ja matala kynnys kisata

joo turku, oon 18.
>Jos alle 20 niin ilmanen kulkuranneke
ei hemmetti tää on hyvä diili tb.h. Varmaan alan menee tonne n. kk päästä

I squat in socks normally, or converse if it's cold. Any recommendations for wl shoes? Wouldn't want to dish out more than $200AUD

Also thanks for all the other advice. Good lad

Kannattaa. Ootko aikasemmin treenannut painonnostoa? Suosittelen punttikoulua vaikka salillakin on aina asiantuntevaa porukkaa keneltä voi kysyä form checkiä ja neuvoa muutenkin

Ei vaan meet sinne heti maanantaina.

Oon nyt pari kuukautta tehnyt painonnostoa. Nyt on 6-päivänen programmi menossa. Formi on siinä ja siinä, snatchit tuppaa jäädä liian ylös enkä saa kolmatta pullia tarpeeksi nopeasti. Painavien jerkkien kanssa tulee olkapään stabilisoinnin kaa ongelmia.
En. Pääsen ilmaseksi nytten Kupittaan salille vielä kuukauden.

Kyllä se siitä lähtee. Kannattaa keskittyä ojentumaan loppuun asti joka liikkeessä, se ratkaisee huomattavan monta ongelmaa. Samoin käsien pitäminen rentona loppuojennukseen asti.

Peak brapformance

>tfw /owg/ becomes /mämmi/

I'm not sure what the price for anything will be once you consider the cost of shipping it to Australia. But the Adidas Powerlift 3.0 is a decent cheap shoe to start with, I've heard the Wei-Ru Warrior recommended, the Adidas Power Perfect are well recommended, and $130 American.

I have these:
usalimitless.com/collections/limitless-apparel/products/limitless-power-shoe

If you're in Australia, you might try to see if there are any Japanese manufacturers that make weightlifting shoes. That aren't ASICS, because ASICS are expensive as hell.

Anybody here have experience with tricep pain as a result of catching your clean with your arms instead of on your shoulders? I feel like since I can't punch my arms through quickly enough for it to land on my shoulders they sometimes land on my arm, making the load of the bar go onto my triceps, which ends up hurting. As a result my triceps are somewhat injured by now.

As an aside, does anybody know what kind of stretches or mobility work I could do to make the rack position easier?

just noticed his whole body shifts like half a foot to his left in the catch
skerry

Can you fathom the thought of doing something that looks dangerous with a lower weight so you can try yourself at it? What's cunty about dropping 2pl8s like that? Not like you're slamming them any less after a jerk.

Count
Step
Every
Make

just get some length of tube webbing, cut to appropriate length, and either melt or tape the ends together. instastraps that last forever and cost like $1.20

i get that weightlifting is loud, but why not just rack the fucking weight? if i saw you dropping two plates like that i'd stare at you with contempt and will your blood to boil with my telekinesis.

queer

At maximal weight it's safer to drop it. We use rubberized plates/floors for a reason. Doing it with iron is cunty, slamming it is cunty. Let it down when and if you can, but I don't get mad at people dropping.

so stuff like squats are easy enough to learn, but how do you power cleans properly without a coach? it seems like an easy way to snap city

Bump

Also why does behind the neck snatch grip shoulder press kill my shoulders for about a week? It just aches (not DOMS, more like something is wrong). Bad shoulder sockets?

Just hold the bar with some light weight in a rack position for 2 sets of 25+ seconds, working up to a minute over the sessions. I did that just once before it significantly improved my rack position
No idea what you mean by your first question, though. Are you saying you're catching it with your wrists perpendicular to the floor? As in sort of like how you'd rack for a strict press?

Probably a lack of mobility/weak traps. Snatch high pulls/snatch grip BTN presses might help out if it's not a rotator cuff issue. Sotts Press and overhead squats helped me get comfortable at the bottom of a snatch
not too familiar with socket geometry so I couldn't tell ya if you had poor shoulder sockets or nor bb

Sort of, yeah. Essentially what I think happens is my initial catch happens when my elbows are at about a 30 degree angle (nearly perpendicular) to the floor, which causes my arms/triceps to take the brunt of the load, rather than directly onto my shoulders. Basically I'm catching it on my arms and then loading it onto my shoulders afterwards, when really I'd like to just be moving it directly onto my shoulders, and I don't think I'm punching my elbows through quickly enough to put it directly there.

BRAAAAAP

What's Klokov up to these days? Seminars and stuff, no?

Check his instagram he's got shitloads of seminars

I want to lick his triceps and worship his lats (no homo)

I can't believe you guys have such beautiful girls in your land speaking such shitty language.

If I were to use the snatch/cnj as part of a routine for wrestling/bjj/judo, it would be more beneficial to just use the partials, correct? There is less of a learning curve and everything about throwing someone happens from, at the most, the hang position. I wouldn't be leaving anything on the table by not doing the full lifts, right?

do people actually think this is dangerous? I find it easier to take plates off when the bar's on the floor (pull all one side off in one go then tilt bar so the other side falls off) and it's easier to prevent the bar bouncing and rolling backwards if you dump off the back. I've done this with 150 and it was less dangerous than btn jerking 110

>It looks scary and impressive when you see someone do it but it feels really natural and easy when you do it yourself
until you neck yourself because of a human error, completely plausible after a heavily taxing compound. "Bailing out" that way is utterly retarded.

Bump

Should i become webm bro 2.0

yeah man, what if you dont duck far enough and hit your head. You only get one chance here... not wise, it only takes one mistake

Yehhh fuck that

yes

>looks can be deceiving newfriend

Holy shit breh's I'm in love

The amount of times he signs himself is embarrassing.

If you guys want to see impressive snatching go look up Alexandr Zaichikov or Adam Maligov.

Ok what else should I webm?

Her previous story, with sound.

KNIGHT OF CHRIST

>2xEuropean champion
>2xWorld Champion
>1xOlympic champion
>Embarrasing anything

>sound

You do realize we don’t we audio here

Then post it on a board with sound and link it here.

How do I get better at dropping without jumping

No feet snatch.

Dropping? You mean pulling?

everything related to wl, good lifts, the chinese, the russians, cute wl chicks (no mattie or koha pls) etc etc

Is that the third pull?

Mmmm I can give you the video? Idk how to webm with audio

yes

I see what you're saying babes, if it's not a wrist flexibility issue then adding in some power cleans might help you with shooting your elbows under.
I used to have the same issue but it was just a matter of wrist flexibility rather than pulling myself under the bar quicker

Power cleans are probably the second easiest variation to learn, it's possible as long as you're not learning it the Rippetoe way. Aleksey Torokhtiy has a good video on the clean pull which is mainly what helped me on my power clean. His PC video is ehh but still helpful
youtu.be/82lWeMxLUJo
youtu.be/hA5DexJoco4

Damnnnnn so its the frist pull off the floor, then 2nd is the transition and the third is the pull under?

Yep.

ALso thanks for that webm.

SL
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Row 5x5

Row is falling behind

first pull is where you pull the bar off the floor, second pull you accelerate it with the triple extension and third pull you pull yourself under the