See people getting hyped with the intermittent fasting fad

>see people getting hyped with the intermittent fasting fad
>did it all my life because too lazy to prepare breakfast and lunch
>still fat

>what are calories

Lots of people claim they fast in the morning, but in reality they still eat shit like pastries and candy. Just enough to break fast, but not enough so they feel like they've had a meal. Idiots don't realize that fasting means 0 calories.
Fuck off, fatty.

Last year I did intermittent fasting and fucked up my metabolism so hard that I literally could not shit for 6 months, without suppositories and such. Never again.

This and also they stop eating at 10pm and start eating at noon or 1pm the next day so that's technically not even IF

Fasting between 6am-8pm gives me nasty stomach cramps

My fat friend does this shit all the time. He'll always say he's starving and hasn't had anything to eat all day, and then go on to mention his laundry list of snacks, like they don't count.

Would a plain latte with no sugar break a fast?

>10pm and start eating at noon or 1pm the next day so that's technically not even IF
except it is

>"i do intermittent fasting for 8 hours at night!"

Lattes have milk, have straight espresso or black coffee

Why do they call it breakfast?

>10pm - noon = 8 hours

lmao fucking american brainlet

I'm on my 3rd week of IF.
At 18-19h, stomach makes hungry noises.
At 19-20h, feel lightheaded, have bad gym performance.
Breaking the fast with 1000/1500kcal meal feels really bad.
As a consequence, i increased my water intake to ~6l/daily. A couple of times, acid reflux.

I'm aiming to get 19/5 with 2 meals (~600kcal 2h before working out and ~1500kcal post workout - under ~500kcal deficit)

Didn't experience anything else bad (or good) so far, just seems to be more efficient on meal prep/eating efforts.
Am i doing anything wrong?

>being this stupid
well, you are fat so no surprise there

Eating all of your food inside a 9 hour window is IF. You are confused if you think otherwise.

did you drop any weight?

he is thinking OMAD

Does drinking a 0 calorie monster break the fast

2kg comparing today's vs start's 1 week rolling average (was eating at maintenance for the week before)
1.5kg comparing start vs today.
apart from the weight loss - which i expect will be driven mostly for the caloric deficit - when do i get the IF superpowers?

>IF superpowers
oh my, the fuck are you talking about?

No but I've heard heavy caffiene can "break" the fast whatever the fuck that means.

Spotted the fatty with garb diet. IF OMAD gave me god like shits.

for any of you thinking about, or trying intermittent fasting, i'm a pro:

i was so lazy for years that i would sit through hunger and keep doing whatever it was that i was doing. nearly a decade later i eat a footlong from subway and am good to go for the day, i don't even get hungry if i've eaten a full meal in the day. i didn't eat at all yesterday and was fine. fats are a must because lean foods do not last me through the day (i've eaten 2 chicken breasts, several cups of veggies, and several servings of brown rice in one sitting and still felt hungry for fats). by the next day i've burned through the fat-heavy foods i eat throughout the day. i work out at least once every few weeks, sometimes more (i'm USAF).

if i had a more active lifestyle then i could not do intermittent fasting, i would have to eat more. in fact when i was working out daily and going hard i could not last the day without 2 hearty meals at breakfast and supper. i would wake up the next day feeling weak accompanied by slight hunger.

basically, you can't do intermittent fasting if you're working out regularly, and if you try anyway your body will make sure you know you can't. intermittent fasting only switches your body from a consistent lean diet to a much more fatty diet, which in and of itself isn't bad but the fatty foods are often loaded with unhealthy crap that your body doesn't want or need. intermittent fasting is not the diet of champions because you need fatty foods to keep on (unless you can find fatty foods that aren't unhealthy, which should be possible. i'm not expert but i understand at least somewhat the reasons why i eat fast food once a day and don't feel hungry for the day but eat healthily and feel hungry immediately).

interesting

i bike 40m each way to and from work, and i also lift weights 2-3x a week. i keep thinking about doing intermittent fasting but i just get really tired if i don't get enough to eat.

i weigh 108 lb so i'm mostly thinking about improving my overall health, rather than losing any weight.