Tfw 24 hours in to quitting smoking

>tfw 24 hours in to quitting smoking
Any ex-smokers on here have any wisdom for me?

Hard to quit for some reason ,for me its too easy to get this shit

Just pick up a pack from the store anytime I'm there

2-3 packs a week

Unironically get a vape. Vaping will help you not to associate the effect nicotine with cigs, also you can bring the nicotine level down over time. Also you will be less inclined to use the vape (especially in public) because you look like a faggot.
It's not for everybody but it helped me. Shit is expensive too. I'd really only buy one if you are sure you'd get your money's worth. There is no evidence to support this, but I would assume vaping is less detrimental to your cardiovascular health as well.

nicorrette, expensive but works to curb cravings

>How do I quit [nicotine]
>Oh just take some [nicotine]

This is how I quit smoking. Its been 4 months completely vape and cigarette free. I did dip once while drunk and have taken a few drags off a cigarette but never bought a pack. Feels so damn good and my workouts are like drugs for me now. Absolutely no regrets.

>weening yourself off nicotine
>doesnt work

Fuck off, cold turkey doesnt work for everyone. I had been smoking for almost 14 years and tried to quit many times. Nothing but a gradual reduction has ever worked.

>tfw vaping 15 hours a day because I swapped addictions from 5 cigarettes a day to this.

The end is coming for me, boys. can't kick it.

I thought you were quitting cancer causing tobacco, not nicotine?

smoking is a motor habit
try replacing with another motor habit
i kicked the habit by taking up welding
whenever i got a craving i would make something

That's good advice. Lately I've been trying to learn to play guitar. I've just been drinking tea when I get a craving but that's probably a better idea.

desu the health effects aren't what's bothering me. I've just been reading Dostoyevsky and his airtight arguments against substance abuse made me realize that I'm a massive hypocrite and can either quit smoking or reevaluate my entire life

>smoking a pack a day for 11 years

> quit cold turkey now going 1.5 years strong

come at me scrub. you aint man enough.

nice dub dubs. you could also try martial arts
i have degrees in karate and tkd
working on bjj and muay thai now
the endorphins you get from punching people far eclipse those from chemical dependency
although chemical use is fine IMO, just gotta moderate
smoking sucks user, quitting is hard
but if you lift you have the feels to beat it
i believe in you

Why dont you reduce the nicotine amount of your juice? Thats what I did. Worked like a fucking charm. Eventually I was vaping 0mg and it felt like sucking on a fog machine. So fucking gross. Did that for a while and basically destroyed my urges. Now I keep a jumbo pack of gum in my car at all times and im good to go. Its really not that complicated if you really want it. Im tryin to have kids in the next few years so I just kept that on my mind and told myself I dont deserve them if I dont have any goddamn discipline myself. Time to grow up.

dub dub dub dubs

my autism *twich*

quitting smoking is easier than quitting autism imo

Smoked for 10 years. Tried to quit many times for the last few years of it. I haven't had a smoke in almost a year now. What worked for me this time was:

- Cold turkey
- No smoking anything, no weed, no vape, NOTHIN
- Surround myself with triggers. Hang out with friends who smoke, don't try to avoid them. Learn to be strong around that shit from the start so it doesn't cause a relapse once I come out of hiding.
- The most important thing was to accept that I'll never have a cigarette EVER AGAIN. It seems obvious, but I used to have it in the back of my mind that I can have "one on weekends" or "only when I drink". fuck that shit. never again.

Best way to get over my craving was to remind myself that
a) my addiction is fucking lying to me when I try to justify smoking in any way, and
b) If I have a craving, sure, it will go away if I smoke. But also, it will go away if I don't smoke. So what's the point?

good luck hope you liked my blog post

Yo is it normal to sweat like a pig when quitting smoking?

I'm sitting here with my windows open and the radiator off, it's the coldest weather since like 2009 outside, and I'm still sweating my balls off.

youre detoxing

eat a banana, you owe me some pushups

Make a bet with big buck in play for you quitting smoking that worked for me

Amazom "Easy Way To Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr. It's like $10. Or find an older version PDF online. Read it. It works and it's not difficult, no classes, no gum/patches, no 12 Step bullshit.

>Any ex-smokers on here have any wisdom for me?

It gets much harder.

3-6 months was the hardest because you don't yet realise three draws of a cigarette from outside a pub is enough to have you back at 10 a day within a week, then 20 a day the next week.

And it's just as hard to start again, the first 2-3 weeks when it's the worst don't get easier the second or third or fourth time.

>start

start as in start all over quitting again...

>hop in the car to go to work
>fuck a craving hit
>pull out my harbor freight mig
>plug into cigarette lighter
>sparks flyin
>pedestrians dyin
>seat caught on fire 3 blocks ago
>arc finally destroys my retinas
>plow into the side of a city bus
Besides me and and 6 others dying 10/10 way to quit smoking.

i guess part of giving up any chemical habit is separating yourself from the need to do it RIGHT NOW

check these dubs friend, then check them again
then czech them
this negativity has got to go embrace the meme magic bro quit smoking awesome dubs says you should do it

Like this user said, when you quit you have to do it cold turkey and tell yourself you'll never have one again. Don't listen to the voice in your head telling you you've been good and deserve just one. You'll end up breaking your streak and feel like shit right after.

You can do it senpai. Just hang in there. No secret trick or remedy, if you really want this, you won't relapse.

Do it cold turkey.
It takes about a month to actually quit
I almost killed an old man for taking too long to order at a McDonalds
If you can cut for 2 months you probably wont struggle too much
you will have cravings 6 months afterwards when you smell your old brand
your own brand will smell good even 5 years later
In 10 years it will disgust you
there is no reason to not do it cold turkey, substitution is for weak minded people

>My mom currently has been battling cancer for the last 3 years.
>She has throat cancer
>when she went through chemo she lost all her teeth
>she ate through a stomach tube for 9 months
>She went from 115lbs down to 85
>chemo ended
>she was allowed to eat again, new dentures ect
>She also lost her hearing from the radiation
>1 year afterward they were still doing scans and they found something
>So this time it was surgery
>They took out part of her tongue, and underneth it.
>they slit her from ear to ear to do it
>The scar looks like she tried to hang herself
>Her dentures dont work and she is back on soft food
>I dont think she is over 100lbs
>How the fuck are you supposed to have the energy to to fight and recover when you cant even eat real food?

thats all I really have to offer you, I doubt my mom has 5 years left at this rate. If the cancer isnt gone this time I bet she stops trying to fight it.

Don't go back m8y. The cravings pass. Keep in mind that they are only a few minutes long. The pleasure of smoking is illusory, they make you feel like shit most of the time.

Understand your issue is a conflict between your conscious and your subconscious mind.

Your subconscious wants nicotine like it wants food, water, sex, and company. It will learn to live without it if you deprive it of it for long enough but the effort is on par with doing a long fast. It will scream at you and do everything it can to drive you to fulfill it's wants.

I found HIIT helped.

Fucking kek

Switch to vaping then ween yourself off and use toothpicks. They get rid of that twitch to be smoking or vaping. Toothpicks are my shit

Sorry about your mom user. Whatever happens keep by her side.

thanks user, I didnt post for sympathy, she smoked for 40 years and thats the kind of thing that happens to people who smoke.
I posted so that more people will make the decision to actually quit and be able to live without the crutch of smoking and die in some other less painful way.

Nicotine gum works best. When you chew it remember to chew until it burns then stop chewing. Keep it in you mouth and start chewing again briefly in a few minutes.

Taper your gum chewing over a week or two.

switched to a vape, only one major craving. It's been a month now. Started at 10mg nicotine, down to 3mg, but it's not the nicotine that's bad for you anyhow and I find it helps me during workouts

quit for over a month just got a pack tonight fml

its not to late to stomp on that pack and start over.. they say that relapse is the 1st step to recovery

Listen up user. I used to smoke 2-3 packs a day for 7 years. I managed to quit cold turkey and have not smoked in 3 years.
Here's how I did it:

>Quit cold turkey
>Next fucking day go to the seediest smokiest bar you can find and drink a few
>Your entire goal that whole night is to not smoke a cigarette, but stay in that bar.
>Rinse and Repeat for the next seven days.
>Congrats you've now quit smoking.

I'm not shitting you, I hate them now because of doing this. I wanted to hate cigarettes because I hated what they do to my health
and I hated that I couldn't quit. I got tired of all my fucking ciggie friends being all "muh 5 days in, just occasionally". Its all BS, if you
want to quit smoking, put that fucking pack down and quit. Doing what I suggested in green text will make the cravings you have
afterwards like fucking childs play compared to the first week.

Whenever you're craving a smoke, drink some water

Nicotine is a stimulant, but also a vasoconstrictor. Probably shouldn't be using it during a workout but what do I know

Dude fucking throw it away don't do it man. I was down to less than 1 a day and somehow I'm back up to 4-8 a day just fucking STOP

I occassionally smoke cigars (like twice a year max) when I'm chilling with one of my buddies that's into the whole whiskey & cigars thing.

Even though I've never smoked a cigarette, I get dreams about smoking cigarettes and get a craving when I get a wiff of second-hand smoke. Can't imagine what its like for you guys.

sides=gone

I quit smoking with a vape. I successfully quit after 1 failed attempt. There's a pack of cigs in my drawer and I don't give a fuck. I don't even vape anymore because my coil burnt out. Don't try to go cold turkey. Never look at a cig and think, "this is the last one", because it will only make you want one more. Instead try slowly taking it down to 1 cig a day, then phase in the vape.

>first week is the hardest
>after a few days it gets drastically easier

You’ll quit when you actually want to quit.

yeah, just stop

have a cigarette in a couple of weeks when you go out for drinks next

First 2 weeks are the hardest. If you have any habit where you always smoked (like making smoke breaks, smoking after you went somewhere...), then reduce those habits or cut them off completely.

Don't underestimate your addiction.

Very important mentality; you’re not “quitting smoking”, it’s not some slow process. You quit smoking. You already did it, you quit. You’re either smoking or you’re not smoking, there’s no in between, treat it as though it’s as dangerous as crack or heroin. You quit, you no longer smoke, end of story.

This is especially killer because alcohol makes you crave cigarettes bad. I can't count the number of times I've craved a cig whilst drinking a beer. Stronger than trying to go cold turkey, not exaggerating. For me anyway.

So true about the public faggot part, made me quit aswel but i went 0mg Nic from the start to stop connection to it.
Nicotine addiction lasts 3 days all the rest is habit
1 year in guys, cmon

Ur not a smoker so gtfo this thread

Smoked a pack a day for ten years, quit cold turkey, over seven years without a puff.

The key for me was some corny post I read online about the "Law of Addiction." It made me realize that I was an addict, and that there was no such thing as tapering or just bumming smokes or having a puff or two at the bar. I was addicted to nicotine and any time I had a little nicotine it ended up with me wanting a lot more. Once I realized the choices were no nicotine ever or painfully dragging out my addiction I found the willpower to go cold turkey and stick with it.

I still drink and hang out with smokers but I'm not even the slightest bit tempted anymore. Stick with it.

use patch for the first few days

switch to gum whenever you have cravings after that

exercise a lot

t. been clean for 2 months now

Reason to yourself the pros and cons of smoking.
>Pros
You look cool amongst high school dropouts
Can take a smoke break at work
Fuckin uhhh
>Cons
Smell bad
Waste cash
Shit breath
Bad lungs
Burnt fingers
CANCER

Get a vape and ween yourself off like a normal person instead of putting yourself through intense cravings for 2-3 weeks
/thread

my method is a little unorthodox but it worked for me. been clean for 4 years now.

smoke until your sick of smoking. wake up and light one before even leaving bed. just finished one? light another. just chain smoke non stop until you get headaches and your mouth tastes like an ashtray. smoke until you're wheezing and your clothes stink and your nails start turning yellow. the aim is to indulge so much you cant stand the sight of them. you need to be completely disgusted in yourself and then... voila. you just stop.

I quit cold turkey for 6 months. Remember that you simply have to survive the first 3 weeks and after that it gets much easier. Whenever you want to smoke, think about how shitty you'll feel. Think about the smell on your face, on your fingers. Also, drink a lot of water, it uronically helps.

Don't be afraid to wear more than patch.
DO NOT GET BORED.
Restarting is not good, but it happens.

Go to your doctor and get a champix prescription. Ive been three months clean without cravings after smoking for 10 years.

this may sound stupid, but it worked for me. Quitting smoking is relatively easy. all you gotta do is simply DONT smoke. if you do this you've quit. Each excuse that my additicted mind made up i said this to myself. Jus't don't smoke, it's easy mate. im off siggs for 2 years now. fuck retarded techniques and nicotine replacement programs. Just don't smoke. just... DON'T... smoke. faggs won't make it.

been only two month since i gave up, never ever felt so energetic, motivated etc.
just gave it up one day when i realized how bullshit it is to pay for a thing that kills you slowly. there is no shortcut bro, you either decide are you a pussy who is gonna be a slave of a fuckin smoke? or are you a pussy who mustered up a bit of willpower for once in their life and did what is hard but right. if you are second one this small but very important step can be a startpoint of you really becoming a man and no longer be a pussy.

>there are people that unironically don't have the willpower to quit smoking

>tfw smoking 75 cigarettes a day

Anyone here managed to quit smoking?

this

Get a lower paying job therefore you can't afford it anymore, that's how I ended up having to quit smoking. It was either starve or smoke because I had no other money

This. Even if you never actually quit the vape (nicotine), it's a thousand times better for you than smoking

Holy crap Batman

I sound like a squeaky toy 2 minutes after taking a drag from a vape. That # of cigs would literally kill me

This. 14 years smoking and stopped after reading it. The cravings are weak, its the mind part that fucks you up

This

If you have enough extra money to be buying cigarettes you're making more than you need

Have a heartache and nearly die; it worked for my father after smoking for nearly 40 years. Seriously though, good luck man. It's tough but you can make it.

I quit smoking with camel snus lol

Ha. Y-you’re a nuuufag hehehehe