Tfw you're as big as you want to get

>tfw you're as big as you want to get
>tfw any bigger and it will look like compensating

How do I stay my current size? Do I just lift once a week to maintain?

My routine was only lifting twice a week doing a full body routine and I've reached my goal

Other urls found in this thread:

renaissanceperiodization.com/training-volume-landmarks-muscle-growth/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you can't stop
you're on this train and you can never stop

stop progressing. lower weight and do high rep (15+) meme lifts for fun.

>tfw someone on here hasn't developed body dysmorphia

Good job in not being one of those guys who has to get so big that they look ridiculous

You find out what your weekly maintenance volume is.

renaissanceperiodization.com/training-volume-landmarks-muscle-growth/

do what kinobody does and lift 2-3 times a week with low volume doing only a few compounds

Literally just don’t eat more.

I already get compliments on my size and I'm 5'9" so I don't want to be that short guy who gets too big

I only lifted twice a week to begin with, I lifted on Friday and Sundays

then just lower the volume and focus on compounds so you dont have to do a million different isolations to target everything. keep lifting twice a week

>the day Veeky Forums realizes you can get too big

never thought I'd see the day

Sounds good man I'll follow this advice

if youre under 6'2 any size will look like youre compensating

what was your old routine like and what are your lifting stats?

Post pic

If you're 6'2" you can't even make gains to begin with

I just did a full body routine, I bench 225 for 5 reps and I ohp 160 for 5 reps and the rest I just did machines and dumbbell shit. I was never super into lifting I started because I was an alcoholic and wanted to look better and stop the booze and lifting got my mind off the boozing on weekends

And women will notice!

You know what women don't notice tho? Manlets.

Keep coping lanklet

>women will notice your no gains

That's for sure I'm glad you realize that

>he thinks it's possible to get too big

Stay small faggot

if you arent delusional about how big you actually are, you could decrease daily calorie intake and increase protein to get really lean and nice looking and get a chiseled chin and abs and all that

Lanklet detected

unlike you I can get muscular in under 2 years

>tfw people at work ask if I can even wipe my own ass
>tfw people call me Arnold at work because I'm the only one who isn't dyel or fat

not sure if compliments or they're making fun

I don't want to go full autism dedication mode and get really lean I prefer being bulky and looking big in clothes etc plus I like being able to mostly eat what I want

How old are you?

Nice humble brag you ugly cunt

>>/r/eddit

I'm 28 which is another reason I don't want to become low body fat twink mode, I prefer looking bulky and manly as I'm already bald

>limiting your gains because idiots will use cockamamie (((psychodynamic))) theories to cope with your swoleness
Oh come on

I don't have body dysmorphia like almost everyone here does

If you are natty and 5'9'' I really don't think there is any such thing as "too big". If you are roiding then you probably already look like an overcompensating little meatball.

>5'9"
>too big
sorry that's impossible

It's actually very easy as he will pack on muscle and look too muscular and look stupid past a certain point

he will still look small as fuck as long as he stands next to anyone else.

When people start bringing it up upon meeting me etc is when I think I am muscular enough

>tfw people comment on my forearms all the time

That's not how it works in the real world as most guys are under 6 foot anyways

Lanklet cope

So you are motivated solely by other's perception of you? That was the end goal of your lifting? To have normal people think you are big and point it out?

If you have decided you like your physique then that's cool, if you are natty like I said you probably aren't going to get much bigger if you are already "too big". It's still pretty pathetic that you want to stop because you are finally getting attention. Very feminine.

I started lifting because I wanted to stop drinking heavily and it got my mind off it that was literally it

Ah well, good on you then m8. If that's where your head is at then theres nothing wrong with being happy where you are.

In that case you could either just keep lifting the same weight, you could switch "disciplines" and maybe try olympic lifting just for fun. Start doing cardio instead of lifting most days and still lift once per week? It's a lot easier to not gain than to gain.

Heh. It's simple. Start eating maintenance. That's it. Can't get any bigger without a surplus of calories.

Was thinking of doing cardio but my job is already physically demanding which is another reason I only lift on Friday and Sundays, my job is a workout in itself Monday to Friday

He is going to within 2 inches of 80% of guys.

This

I can't believe how delusional this board is, a couple inches in height doesn't mean shit if the guy is a dyel, height is only a big factor if there is 6 inches or more height difference

some 5'9" jacked guy is gonna look way bigger than a dyel 6'1" guy

increase athletic ability. possibly requiring an up in caloric intake.

3x12 and half-ass the eating, that's what I do

This, were all prisoners now...

I find I get in and out of lifting, I'll lift dedicated for a few months than stop for a few months than start again and I find I never lose strength once I go back to lifting

I always end up stopping in summer because there's other fun shit to do like get drunk and party

do cardio

Takes a while to lose strength unless you're coming off of steroids, a few months shouldn't cause you to lose any strength gains unless you're old

this. also say about 2 weeks of stopping lifting you will feel much different.

I lift everyday technically because I have to basically clean and press heavy barrels all day at work

that's good. do you keep focus on your nutrition? also, do you switch stances/sides when lifting stuff at work?

What do you mean feel different?

Yeah I switch sides otherwise I'd have one shoulder way bigger than the other, I lift 45 gallon steel drums with food product in them all day onto trucks and they weigh from 100 to 150lbs each

another key indicator is which ankle gets tired quicker. also which hand/forearm. i think it's important for people to switch sides when doing things

i probably would let the weights stay the same, just progress in rep count. this would probably add a little size

Manlet here. Wrong. You're just autistic probably. That or ugly

>5'8
>6'3 gf
upset, lanklet?

>Coping this hard

Honestly, short people cannot have that much muscle before deemed to be overcompensating by the majority of people they run into. Their body portions are so fucked up they'll look nearly as wide as they are tall and send women running away screaming.

Just having 30 pounds of muscle doesn't really make them bigger than the average taller person because each inch of height adds about ten pounds of mass. Steroids make them big, but then the overcompensating problem happens and people only respect you while you're in the room.

Do you play any sports? Do you do any kinds of training (outside of resistance training) that you actually enjoy? If not, it's time to explore.
In my opinion, martial arts are GOAT as they are enjoyable, generally have a good community where you can meet interesting new people to share experiences with, are an amazing workout, and teach self-defence.

>surely a guys worth is based purely off his size
Its hilarious. A 6'7" guy I used to work with was lazy and worthless despite being the strongest. He also looked skinny fat forever despite lifting regularly. And he would never shut up about being tall, like that makes him useful

>Dating a woman on the bottom of the dating/gene pool and acting like it's an achievement.

It very much is. my first two years of lifting were focused on fixing my imbalances from running shovels with out switching.

Who hurt you?

I dont think you realize how much personality I fluences what people think of you
Who looks more insecure, someone calling another out on something unfixable, or someone that is positive and cheerful 24/7 despite dumb twats in life making issues out of non issues?

see
It's the only non-meme answer.
Don't eat more, don't change calorie consumption, don't change calorie burn.
Continue to work out exactly as you are.
You will lose a little bit of weight or gain a little bit of weight.
You don't need to worry about that until it's time to worry about that though.
If you listen to anyone on Veeky Forums you'll end up looking like shit 90% of the time.
So just listen to the 10%.
I haven't changed my workout in 3 years. I walk thirty minutes before and after workout. I lift for thirty minutes doing a bro-split 5 times a week.
I'm thirty years old and look better than I did at twenty.

You don't need to get big, that's mostly fat.

No, in fact I think personality/game plays a bigger part than most people here believe. I just don't support the manlet circle jerk about lankets. It's complete fox and the grapes bullshit and has been proven wrong in any survey or study on what attracts women to men.

Yes, you shouldn't obsess about things you cannot change, but don't pretend your body is the most desirable when it's not. That's exactly what the fat women do an you shouldn't expect the rest of the board to support your delusions.

it's okay to be jealous of my god tier genetic european gf

i'll be sure to have my kids look down on you

T. man in this image. Maybe your kids will come out to be an average height, my frog posting friend.

This. My jeans don't fit anymore lads. They're so tight in the thighs it feels like my penis is constantly being strangled.

At what height/weight/bodyfat do jeans not fit anymore? Are we talking regular or slim cut?

I'm just talking about my jeans specifically. The waist size and trim I've been wearing or years.

>don't pretend your body is the most desirable when it's not.
Lmao the insecurity in this guy
When did I try saying being short is desired? And what delusions am I trying to have fulfilled? I have never had issues pulling women so I'm not concerned with them supporting any "delusions"
You sound like you're projecting. Do women not find you desirable user? You shouldn't be lifting for then anyways

>tfw 5'4 big thighs
Trousers that fit around my thighs will always be too wide at the waist and too long overall

Kek 6’3 girl dating a 5’8” guy. She must ugly as bro lol

Doesn’t matter you will still look small no matter how “big” you compensate with

You're either not the person I was responding to in the original post and stupid enough to reply in their stead or you were the person that originally implied that short people should 'just get jacked and look big'.

I stated that short people would have to pack on about 30-40 pounds of muscle to have the equivalent mass to someone who is 6'1, which can make their body look too wide and stocky. You then shit yourself and said that I was calling "another out on something unfixable" which was you just projecting your own insecurity onto a benign statement. Now you don't have a leg to stand on and you're acting like I have to defend against your completely nonsensical meaningless shitpost. What the is your point and could you state it clearly without fucking it up with poor English?

Kek and most Manley’s are super insecure.

>be me 6’5” god
>working out with 5’7” Manlet bro for a few months
>hanging out with girl Manlet likes
>talking about doing squats
>”omg how do you guys do squats together user is sooo much taller than you and looks bigger”
>Manlet bro looks like he’s about to cry
>kek thinking about how he lifts more than me but still looks small

Get shredded and/or get stronger

I know a 5'5 guy married to his 5'11 high school sweetheart who happens to be a model. He's not good looking either, just very smart and rich as fuck

>I stated that short people would have to pack on about 30-40 pounds of muscle to have the equivalent mass to someone who is 6'1, which can make their body look too wide and stocky. You then shit yourself and said that I was calling "another out on something unfixable" which was you just projecting your own insecurity onto a benign statement. Now you don't have a leg to stand on and you're acting like I have to defend against your completely nonsensical meaningless shitpost. What the is your point and could you state it clearly without fucking it up with poor English?
Holy fuck you're autistic
Why is it so difficult for you to accept that being short isn't a handicap in terms of getting money, women, or anything else in life?
I never said manlets can out on the same mass as taller guys.
I never said they should.
Look at how mad you are about all of this. Does it make you feel better to smear manlets? What do you gain from it if manlets do have disadvantages? Better yet, what do you lose if being a Manlet isn't a disadvantage? Are you that worried about your prospects in life that you feel the need to disqualify people based on height?

probably a combination of lifting, bodyweight/rings, and hiit, with middle distance cardio once a week would keep you looking athletically big as long as you eat well and eat clean

honestly perfection for me would be two days of rings with squatting and OHP beforehand and a bit of bodyweight as accessories, a day for the erg + some snatch grip deadlifts and RDLs to maintain back, and one day middle distance running with some mobility and ab shit afterwards

>be me
>5'8"
>look aesthetic after 3 months of lifting
>pull poon easily
I was fucking my 17yo ex gf last month, but she started catching feels so I had to cut it off
She was blonde with a fat ass, and about 5'5", and kept telling me she just wanted to date
Now I moved on to a chick with dyed red problem hair

>Why is it so difficult for you to accept that being short isn't a handicap in terms of getting money, women, or anything else in life?
I clearly said it was a disadvantage and with women specifically, it's similar to being poor versus having a fair amount of disposable income. It's also at a disadvantage in most sports and short people will on average will have less career success. No amount of mental gymnastics will change these facts.

Now what specifically, are you refuting? That I was audacious enough to point out these facts and you believe I'm projecting because of it? Because I won't tow the 'just b urself' bullshit you are spewing? I didn't create the disadvantage, but I'm not going to ignore it solely because me pointing out it's existence offends you. Your literal anger at objective truth fuels the short man syndrome stereotype and you ignoring reality won't change shit. It's time to grow up, no pun intended.

Kek

Dating women with red dyed hair... nothing say degenerate ugly social outcast like special snowflakes that have to put koolaid in there hair to stand out.

It’s also a handicap in terms of getting money. People respect short people way less and they earn less on average.

>I dont think you realize how much personality I fluences what people think of you
I think you underestimate the commanding respect aura tallness gives to you. 90% of all US president elections were won by the taller candidate. The vast majority of CEOs across the world are taller than average in their respective country.

Being tall gives you plus points and acting like it doesn't is just delusional. Are you fucked if you're not tall? No, you can make up for it. Have you made it if you're tall? No, you can still fuck up with bad posture, being a lank or other dumb shit.

How is this a hard question? Don't increase volume, don't increase weight. Easy as that. Maybe try getting shredded if you're into that, pretty much impossible to gain muscle if you're sub 10% year round.

Every Veeky Forums thread is a manlet thread

>Being tall gives you plus points and acting like it doesn't is just delusional. Are you fucked if you're not tall? No, you can make up for it. Have you made it if you're tall? No, you can still fuck up with bad posture, being a lank or other dumb shit.
That's all I'm trying to say
Anecdotally my grandpa and great uncle were both over 6 foot tall and built a business that exists today
My grandpa died and my side of the family got shut out. My uncle who is shorter than 5'8" built a good business too, and my dad burnt out like a turd despite being 6'1".
Too me its like calling a cripple a cripple. You're probably autistic if you say it to their face

Eat at maintenance

Trashing manlets gets literally free (you)s

>6'2
>not a manlet

No one is going around calling Manlets manlets. It’s subtle discrimination. I shared this story before but I’ll share it again.

>be me 6’4” accounting student
>at recruitment events trying to get a job offer from the big firms
>at every event there was this alpha chad
>white, strong jawline, super confident, shredded, dressed sharp
>only problem was he was 5’8”
>I thought for sure this guy was going to get a offer, but I ran into him later and he didn’t get a offer or call back from anywhere kek
>it’s pretty much impossible to command respect when your a little guy

Next time you go into a big public law or accounting firm look around, all the guys are 6’+ and none of the chicks are fat.

Look at the length of those arms, its a fucking monster.

sorry was out to dinner.

keep coping

>perfectly fine thread about maintaining mass
>devolves into a manlet/lanklet shitshow anyway

is anybody actually enjoying these pointless discussions or can we just stop with this nonsense

>inb4 t.manlet keep coping hurr durr

When you should stop lifting and what you proportionally look like with different amounts of muscles is depends on your height and frame, so obviously it was going to get brought up at one point.

If you're going to bitch at anyone, it should be at the people posting stories of what height they are and how it enabled them to get a date.

Doesn't work like that