ITT: post 10/10 Veeky Forumsness youtube channels

this'll be a short thread. I'll start with pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hQvgvqMlE6k
youtube.com/user/WeightliftingUkraine/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=xdhOdJ_NVao
youtube.com/watch?v=PPvz4qvNprE
youtube.com/watch?v=58dkMblR9RM
youtube.com/watch?v=ebULRMNtA4U
youtube.com/user/AlphaTnation/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This guys mobility routine honestly saved my lifting

>tfw I probably share a board with people who watch alan thrall vids
w e w

his whole channel is great, the guy knows his shit, isn't afraid of doing goofy-looking stuff (like most actual coaches really), and his vlogs are pretty entertaining.
he should have way more subscribers t b h.
plus he wears wife-beaters and dogtags like no one else nohomo

Vitruvian Physique
Eric Bugenhagen

People who haven't watched his deadlift videos are the ones who come here and post "deadlifts are bad for your back" meme.

People mainly dislike alan thrall because he is a powerlifter and not a bodybuilder.
His advice is one of the most solid advice out there and he can admit if he was wrong at some point.
It's best not to post him though, because people are so triggered by his success they will resort to ad hominems while trying to discredit him.

I don't really mind him but it's tough to take him seriously with that retarded beard

>bugenhagen
I used to love his channel but lately not so much. He's obviously trying to build a brand and the "IT'S A MINDSET xDDD" thing got fucking irritating after a week.

Also most of the time he fumbles over his words and/or doesn't have anything to say but thinks he can make up for it by screaming and having "intensity" (he is, after all, a WWE "superstar"), which just doesn't work. I mean I guess half the people watching forgive him because of his looks, which he's probably used to, but that doesn't cut it honestly.

He actually doesn't have crazy charisma, or at least not as much as he should what with the HEIGHT, the FACE, the FRAME and the STRENGTH

but I like the guy, I just think he gets away with a lot of shit because of his chad status. If he looked like beta determinism he would be mocked constantly.

And when the fuck are we gonna see a wrestling match from him? Is he a jobber or something? That's be a shame.

>"Oh no, I'm laying back slightly during a max overhead press attempt, better drop the bar"
>"well, my upper back is slightly rounded, better end the deadlift rep right now"
>"I-I train UNTAMED, guys, I'm so raw and hardcore with my *viking* beard"
>Best deadlift at 240 is 500 after 12 years training
>called himself a strongman at some point

where do you think you are? people know the difference between powerlifting and bodybuilding lmao. this isn't /normie/ central. Do you think we're all strength training illiterates or something? I don't dislike alan thrall because "hurr durr he doesn't have abs". I just think it's wrong that a guy that weak should be giving advice to anyone. I mean, I deadlifted as much as him, at 40lbs less, and after 18 months of training. and this is completely average by the way, so no humblebrag.

The only thing that triggers me is how new and how young you seem. l u r k m o a r

What's his channel user?

I've lifted for a year and I weigh 237 and my best dl is 405...I don't understand

he's literally just vomiting the 5 rippetoe's cues for deadlifts after drinking the SS cool aid

Why listen to him ? go to the fat texan instead if you're interested

>he took the time to write all this
must have taken you like 20 minutes

Yeah but you probably don't focus on strength (which would mean that you don't push your numbers enough and you're too conservative on form when maxing out). You don't call yourself a strongman (which is a deadlift-heavy strength sport). It's not your literal job to train/explain to people how to get stronger. You're not regarded by some gullible people as a world class strongman and/or a reliable source. You're not invited to fucking Supertraining to train with mark bell.

Alan Thrall does all those things, and only managed to deadlift 500 at the same weight that you are, after 10+ fucking years training, which again, has to indicate like bottom 5% genetics, and even then. I honestly think he's just lazy, or a gigantic pussy.

about 5 iirc
nice 14 yo defense though
>"well you're talking about it, ya hater"
whatever. hopefully you've read the whole post and will look into thrall's credentials and credibility (or lack thereof)

DeFranco is really great!

Swimhack (James Strickland) easily one of the best raw bench pressers in the world and has great advice in his channel. Guy benches around 700lbs and isn't a fat fuck

>Alan Thrall does all those things, and only managed to deadlift 500
WHAT?!?!?!? I thought his DL is 7xx. Damn he is so mediocre

why are you so mad?
225kg deadlift after 18 months is not "average" by any standard, so there goes your credibility
unless if you roid I suppose

he really looks like a C H A D, too bad he's 5'4".
his gf is cute though.

>muh science
>muh two week studies on untrained students
GTFO

If you have good leverages, work ethic, program and diet it's not unrealistic to get to 225kg in 18 months

He's squatted 551 at a meet and dl'd 571 here
youtube.com/watch?v=hQvgvqMlE6k

his lifts are shit so why should I listen to him? I'm 18 years old and I fucking lift more than this pussy.

holy fuck, yes it is. provided they max out on deadlifts every week (which contrary to what Alan "don't overtrain" Thrall would have you believe, will not kill them, especially during the first 18 months lmao), anyone will absolutely hit it. males who've hit puberty, that is. I mean, 18 months, maybe *some* guys couldn't. But 2 years, definitely.

Athlean-X

some exceptionally good ones
Thomas DeLauer
Kinobody
Eric Bugenhagen
Jeff Manlet Nippard

>Kinobody
nah

Also you forgot supertraining and juggernaut

but how many people have actually done it?
not him that's for sure

Delray Misfits

Barbell medicine is the only true answer, other than JTS.

Seriously tho almost 80% of shill tubers are full of shit

>but how many people have actually done it
most 18+ yo males can do it if they actually try and aren't just putting in sets in order to bulk up for summer or being huge form autists that drop the bar as soon as any minor form breakdown arises.

do not compare eric to beta destiny. Alex's insecurity is off the charts and his training is pure cringe, he avoids compounds like the plague and keep doing partials with huge weights obviously trying to justify not being weak. If he had a video of a 880 btb deadlift then i would be impressed as fuck. Just like i saw this kid with like 300 subscribers doing a 800 btb. Alex is branding way harder than eric and in a way more pathetic way.

Still watch some of his videos and still agree with him on a lot of points.

You are retarded, the reason alan never hit those numbers is because he probably did 1x5/week for years

you managed to mix one of the best youtubers along with the worst, this is probably bait

I'm the guy he was replying to, and at the time I hit 225kg I has been doing 1x5/week too. But I *actually* maxed out, maybe even hitch the last rep sometimes.

I did very little extra lower body or even assistance, no squats, 4 sets a week of bulgarian split squats and 3-5 sets a week of barbell rows (cheating slightly, same way Ed Coan does them). sometimes I did kb swings and maxed out on strapless one arm deadlifts (for that grip strength and back stretch) but that wasn't very often.

So yeah. I'm genetically average, bonelet (7 inch wrists, ladyhands), less than optimal programming, and I still outlifted Thrall after only a year and a half of deadlifting. Double overhand, too. That should tell you something about the guy.

Now where's my youtube channel with thousands of gullible subs who listen to what I say because I try to speak in a deep voice and have le manly man viking pube beard?

- Aleksy Torokhity has some really great vids. Helped out my front squat form (the whole using straps to ensure a full grip on the bar). youtube.com/user/WeightliftingUkraine/videos
- Cal strength for dat motivation. I'm new to oly, so I really get pumped about seeing dudes lift heavy shit overhead. youtube.com/watch?v=xdhOdJ_NVao
- Also enjoy Tyson Edwards
- Cringey, seemingly staged competitions aside, Strength Wars has some GOAT content like: youtube.com/watch?v=PPvz4qvNprE and youtube.com/watch?v=58dkMblR9RM
- Snakepham has good shit on oly like stuff from Klokov: youtube.com/watch?v=ebULRMNtA4U
- Weightlifting News Agency has good footage of impressive, not as well known, athletes; and footage of old comps.

BroScienceLife unironically brought me into lifting

yea, alan fell for the overtraining, leave 2 reps in the tank, don't train until failure memes.

I just think the guy never really tried to do different things. Fuck, he probably never even tried to do fuckarounditis with intensity/volume/frequency.

Oly lifting is pretty aesthetic, shame it's so hard to learn.

though one hand snatches are pretty easy. tried them the other day, got 55kg on a barbell which surprised me given I've never even dabbled in WL (not even SS powercleans) and I'm not strong overall. definitely a fun lift.

Red Delta Project is the only i watch tbqh

Brian Alsruhe is a god tier youtuber with very mediocre subs.

If you wanna be a strongman, watch his shit. He's got plenty of good advice on cinditioning, he gives out free programs, on his channel, and has plenty of good tips on performing basic compound exercises.

youtube.com/user/AlphaTnation/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid

> american flag, molon labe, USMC flag

Americana lifters all do this, myself included

Almost all of those flags are sent in by fans with letters, and he hangs them up.

>dairyland strength posts video about coaching the elderly
>315 bench Thrall posts a video of him teaching his mom 2 days later
really makes you think

joe defranco

ELLIOT HULSE.

Yes he's a bit wacky and his advice is not quite 100% due to his bioenergy bit, but I generally feel he loves to help people out and does it genuinely so I really enjoy his videos. Besides all his cookyness he id a lot more knowledgeable about lifting and doesn't hide the fact he roided, he even has a vid on how to juice safely. Respect for the guy.

athean x is th best no contest

That, and every fucking video he posts data where the margin of error makes any comparison useless. He'll admit the data did not achieve statistical significance but because some of the numbers are bigger it provides some deep training insight that only he can translate for you.

>see the numbers on this side of the pretty table are bigger guys! 4.0 +/- 2.0 is bigger than 3.7 +/- 2.0. I recommend you train like they did in this paper for maximum science gains.

>ohping sub 2 plate at 220-240

Sorry but i only could make this far

bugsports

Candito is probably the best fitness youtuber of all time. I remember the first time i typed how to squat, watched several videos and then found his squat video to be the most informative.

if he dropped the whole preaching-like talk i'd watch him. Just like omar he ends up rambling and not making a point, ever

I came to post Brian Alsruhe as well. His content is top notch and he's severely underrated. He got good exposure from Supertraining and Alan Thrall, which helped him a ton, but I think he deserves more online success than he currently has.

To follow up on what I posted, I wanted to add Juggernaut's YouTube to the list as well.

>frank yang
>jonnie candito

Elgintensity and everydamndayfitness for entertainment. Powerliftingtowin and ben pollac for relavent pl stuff.

these guys are hot. subbed

My guru

>ctrl+f
>Cailer
What the fuck guys

outside of advice for the beginner stage this guys a hack

i wanted to like this guy but something about him doesn't really click with me

his deadlift advice is literally only good for people with his leverages

DeFranco is the man.

great for getting upboats on reddit though. anything that reinforces the notion that simply going through the motions is the maximum possible thing you can do is like gold to them

Got to give a shout out to Jason Blaha. Despite the controversy surrounding his personal life, he remains a great source of information

Who is this?

isn't he from The Hobbit?

>l u r k m o a r
I've been here 10 years and have never lifted a weight

Yeah Brian's video on bracing put my lifts up tremendously

he needs to upload more

>People mainly dislike alan thrall because he is a powerlifter and not a bodybuilder.
Inncorect, people dislike him because he is a strongman with a 2pl8 press who takes himself too seriously.

Too bad the guys shoulder has been fucked for a couple months now, and every time he does a video it sounds like he's been yell-crying for hours before hand

Athlean-X Jeff Cavalier

He's a physical therapist and knows the human body extremely well. Gives reasons for why and how to do a lift properly. Amazing stuff.

joe defranco
this. honestly I'd like to see him pull from a deficit with a normal person's back angle. what he's doing is basically sumo block pulls which is tremendously easier, more so than conventional block pulls.

yeah he's a bit weird if you ask me. too good to be true, kind of, that has to be hiding something.
also he's probably a fake natty.

His stuff is good, pity he's literally dying right now though. Get well soon lad.

Was it not stronk enough

This

>posting this lolcow unironically

nah, he'll be fine.