How to delevop thicker skin? How to stop being such a sensitive bitch?

How to delevop thicker skin? How to stop being such a sensitive bitch?

I'm 18 and male.
Talked to my gran today about me wanting to go to the army and she said I'd not make it there since I'm too sensitive.
That hurt.

What do?
I don't eat soy but I am fat btw

what the fuck does this have to do with fitness?

The only way to get stronger is to be hurt really bad. I got into a soul mate type relationship and lived with her and then it fucked me over so bad, and my ocd made my life pure hell. Best advice I recieved was "Feel the pain don't avoid it just let it ride" and after all was said and done I feel like i'm wearing armor and am not nearly as sensitive (19)

Being fit makes you comfortable with yourself. The journey to hardening your body is a physical allegory to stoic principles which is something you should look into. Good speed user. I'm a delicate desert flower like yourself.

The fact that you're on here bitching about your grandma proves her right. Just go to community college and get a job

Fuck adv, I'm certain people on fit would give me better advice.
Adv is literally filled with women who don't know shit

Thanks.
My main problem is the army part, I feel i won't be strong enough mentally to make it.

Thanks

I'm not bitching. She is actually right and I want to change this about me.
There are no college majors that interest me. I would like to tie my future with the army.

tfw even your grandmother knows you're a little bitch

I know mate. Worst thing was when I heard it from her.

Look into stoicism

repeated exposure

>being fit makes you comfortable with yourself

You have a lot to learn buddy

My main problem is, how do I just grow up emotionally? As in, don't give up on things I'd like to do just because of my emotions and failure.
An example of that can be maths.
It became a problem for me some time ago, only now have I started to put in work and it pays off.

Thanks

As in, just keep trying?
Will it become a habit not to be a bitch? That's what I want to achieve.

>
>>being fit makes you comfortable with yourself
At least it does partly, no?

>she said I'd not make it there since I'm too sensitive
She's right, there's a pack mentality in the army, they will sense your weakness and attack.
You'll be everyones whipping boy.

Well, I'd want to change that

I HURT MYSELF TODAY
TO SEE IF I STILL FEEL

You just stop being a faggot and do it. There's no one weird chinese secret technique that's going to make you more disciplined and less emotional.

Or you can just go with it. Something tells me you have low self-eseteem so you should feel right at home getting berated by everyone.

I do have low self esteem but I usually don't get bullied or called out. I'm generally well liked, be it in school or anywhere else.

My problem is just not being manly enough, you know. Mentally and physically.

Thanks

Join. Go to basic training. Get bullied by literally everyone. Always think "this is my fault for being weak. I will make myself strong."

Kek, this. But really, you're probably not as much of a baby as you think you are. Unless you burst into tears when someone looks at you funny, or you run around constantly worrying about how people think of you (social anxiety disorder) you're fine.

We don't have much to go on, but it sounds like you're just a fat kid in or about to graduate from HS, without a career or any real responsiability. Maybe introverted and/or a loser (you're asking Veeky Forums for life advice).

In any case the underlying issue is that you need to realize your potential my dude. Career, school, work, life, friends, etc. Start with your body by reading the sticky and working out.

Also don't enlist in the fucking army unless you actually hate yourself, are truly desperate for a job, or are legitimately gung ho and want to run around in the wood's and do army things and america fuck yeah blah blah.

In the army your position in the hierarchy will be challenged. If you fail the test, everyone, including the niggers will tease you. This is not exclusive to the army, your position is tested in any social setting, in the family, at school, everywhere. If you failed to defend your position in school so far, something tells me the army isn't for you.

You're in the wrong place faggot. Bbers want skin that looks thin and papery

Maybe that's what I need to do. I was thinking more of going to an officer's school. Don't know if you have that in the U.S.

Maybe I am exaggerating.
I usually do sometimes cry, but always when I'm alone. During sad movies sometimes, but does that necessarily make me a bitch?
Last time i almost cried publically was during boxing when i was ashamed i got beaten so hard. Mainly these types of situations

I'm a skinnyfat kid who tried to work out and make a healthy lifestyle work but failed every single time
When i tried to make it work again I did so but with less enthusiasm than before.

Graduating high school this year, no idea about what to do in the future and honestly I am kind of neutral when it comes to being introverted or not.
I'm asking here because this is the only place that has ever helped me.

I want to go to the army because I want to be someone powerful. As in, have an influence on the world in the future, dine with prime ministers or be the prime minister of this shithole called Poland.

I don't think I fail to defend my position in school, why do you think so?

Bbers?

Why would someone want a fat baby as an officer?

>At least it does partly, no?
It litrally does the reverse, user

Well, I want to change being a fat baby. I figured the army and this place could help me overcome this problem.

Maybe you're right. I guess I'll see this myself

>want to join army
>gran calls you a bitch and in that one sentence you give up your desire
Unless you prove that old cunt wrong you will live your whole life in the knowledge that an old lady decided how you live your life because you are to much of a pussy to choose for yourself.

lmao your grandma sounds based as fuck

>Last time i almost cried publically was during boxing when i was ashamed i got beaten so hard.
Is this the larping hour?

>I don't think I fail to defend my position in school, why do you think so?
I should have worded my reply differently. You said that "I usually don't get bullied or called out". Bullying basically is a form of challenging your position in the hierarchy. If you weren't challenged often during school then you will don't know what to do when someone challenges you in the army. The difference is that after school you can go home, in the army you live 24/7 with these people.

Ty z Polski jesteś? Szykuj dupę na fale i szorowanie kibli xD

The only way to fix being weak is going through hardening experiences, and learning from them. You're a spoiled kid that's had everything done for them and has never had to face any real hardships. Your grandma probably lived through wars,sexism, hate, etc. She can see the weakness in you because she's been hardened. The only way to fix it is face hardships. This is why you hear stories like that of the budda, who choose to walk away from their wealth and pursue a life of hardships, but filled with wisdom. There is no replacement for experience

I didn't give up desire. I want to change being a bitch and in that way show her I'm not one.
She's pretty cool, helped me in so many ways. More than parents ever had, that's for sure.

Why larping hour? I go to boxing classes and felt like I'm getting worse with every day.

Oh that you say, some people would try to do something like this, I never really had problems in these types of situations.

Ta z polski.

The first part is true. And it's true about my grandma. She survived almost 50 years of life with an abusive husband, 4 kids which are her own and raising about 6 grandkids.
What sort of hardships are there to face? I know this is a stupid question, but knowing this can help me determine what's I'm going through in life.

I came in as a 17 year old sensitive guy with thin skin. I was 6'1 and 147 lbs, couldn't even hit 95 lbs on bench for one rep.

I'm a 25 year old SSG now. I weigh 201 at 6'1. Honestly, just go to basic training and realize it's just a game. Then you just pretend to not care about the insults for so long that you can't tell the difference between pretending you don't care and not actually caring.

Well you probably wont become powerful in the military. Rank is politics when you become important. At least in U.S.

Keep at it. Get back to gym and keep training. Dont forget that emotions and sentimentality can be good too.

What does soy have to do with that? Soy is healthy lmao, Hitler ate soy. Could you people please stop blaming the weakening of the Western male on a simple,and nutritious, Legume? There's more estrogen in a chicken breast than there is in a serving of soyabean.

Play a contact sport

>Ta z polski.
You're fucked, m8.
Unless you've got a resume of at 45 year old at 25, you're gonna be a grunt.
Grunts are miserable people with a prison-like mentality. You're gonna get literally fucked, suicide and nobody will give a shit.

Go get a trade (SEP group 1,2 and 3 for a start, it's literally 210zł per group) and work your way to being a man, don't fall for the army meme.

Cold showers
Exercise 5 days a week, like actually exercise, no pussy shit like only 50 push ups a day, though I suppose that would more work than just sitting around all day

Do cardio, run a mile atleast 3 times a week. Don't overdo it unless you want a stress fracture.

If you go to school still, sit by yourself at lunch, make your own lunch at home, take a book with you. Eventually the gains will show, and either your old friends will go over there to sit with you because they see a human acting independent and high schoolers are into that shit, or you're still by yourself but who gives a shit since you're strong by yourself now

It comes with experience

I hope so.

I mean honestly? Just roll with the punches.

Reality is most people you meet aren't going to like you and there's nothing you can do about it. There's nothing wrong with that either, it's very common. Just realize that there are going to be people who think you're shit and you'll never be able to change their minds.

As far as insults and things go: Go to the source. Why does it insult you? Why were you hurt by this jab? Is it because deep down you agree but wish no one would mention it? Is it because it's something you can't control? Is it because you know it's your fault? Can you do anything to change it?

The secret is realizing that you are in total control of literally every aspect of your being, and if you don't like a piece of it, you have the power to change it, no matter how little or how major.

also a vegan diet

Dude, are you me? I'm literally going through this exact same thing, and I told myself the exact same thing. It's been three months and it still hurts, but I am stronger now physically and mentally than I ever have been. I think we're gonna make it, bro.

Thanks.

I can at least try, right?
My problem are the negative emotions.

Yeah, hitler was fat and had one testicle mate.

I box, is that enough?

Why fucked?

I don't want to get a trade, none of these interest me.
I really want to be someone and if I won't achieve that through the military, I'll look for other methods.

Thanks.
Any good books? I always try to get myself into reading but it always makes me so bored.

Thanks
I hope so too, bro.
I do believe it's true.
Why vegan diet?

the vegan diet was just to mess with people.

but yeah, if you don't like that aspect of yourself, what can you do to change it? Make a game plan and stick to it.

Learn right now that LIFE FUCKING SUCKS, kid. Life is suffering, said the Buddha. Life is pain. People lie all the fucking time for their own personal gain. Everyone is a selfish asshole, ESPECIALLY the ones who say they aren't.

Fucking deal, or fucking leave.

That's how you stop being such a sensitive bitch. And lose fat, since that will improve your testosterone balance.

That's the reason for this thread. To find out what I can do about it.

Also, what can I do to avoid the situation I had during boxing?

You're experiencing the exact same thing because it works.

The Army would be a bad place to just "get fit". Horrible idea, user.

Read the damn sticky here. Pick a program. Start hitting the gym. Fix your diet.

Also, go to college and get a degree in something that pays well that you also enjoy (or at least enjoy 50%, or at least find interesting).

By the time you're out of college in 4 years or so, you'll be ripped, educated, and can get a good job. Get a good job for a year or two. If you still want the army then, go do that. And you'll be ready for it.

Literally just raise your status in society. Your brain has evolved to be terrified of being low status in your social group, and the lower you are the more it will react to anything that will send you even lower. Because at the bottom of the society is literal death in the times we evolved.

So get your act together, get in shape, get your career on track, do anything you can to turn the downward spiral into an upward one.

did you cry because of the pain or cry because you lost?

If you're used to winning constantly (and good grades and all that shit), you're going to find out very quickly that all that shit changes when you hit adulthood. There aren't second chances. There is no extra credit. You get one shot. And here's the deal: People are going to be better than you. People are going to be so much better than you that you're going to feel embarrased and want to pack it in and go home. It's a miserable feeling.

But that's how we improve.

So you just gotta ask yourself: Do I care enough to get better than the person who beat me? If you do, fucking do it. Practice, study, get better not only mentally but physically. Don't say, "I can't". Say, "How can I improve?"

It's entirely mindset. There's an entire ocean of information at the disposal of your fingertips, waiting to be discovered. You just have to dip your toes in the water to start.

Thanks

Because I lost.
I'm not used to winning constantly at anything. I'm used to losing and failing at everything I do. That's partly why I have mental problems I think.

Thanks

Not only to get fit, to become a man.
I don't find anything in college interesting. Absolutely nothing. The only think I think I'd like would be the officer's school.

Thanks

4 sets of skin pulls 8/10 reps

Not sure what country you're in, but in the U.S., officers are required to have a college degree, if I'm not mistaken.

There are a lot of subjects available in college. It's not all "underwater basket weaving" and "gender studies". Like a physical science? Chemistry, physics, biology, exercise science/kinesiology, etc. Like history? Do that. Like math? Do that. Like language? Major in a language or linguistics. Etc. You can't say "I don't like any subject in college"; that's probably almost impossible unless you're a sociopath already.

Yeah, maybe that's what I need

It's the same here, but one can go to an officers school and study a degree called "leading". I probably said it wrong, but it's essentially studying being in charge.

I like maths but it's not my strongest subject.

I'm literally not joking, practically every single degree would be time wasted since I'd fail in the first semester

>since I'd fail in the first semester

Well, we're all wasting our time, then, since you're a predetermined failure.

Go die and let us use the resources you're currently wasting.

Start training a martial art.

possible

Does boxing count?

great mindset, no wonder you cry all the time.

glad you have your entire life laid out in front of you. You should consider being a psychic.

I get that told me so many times I start to believe it eventually.
Mainly by my father

I mean, you come in here asking for advice only to shoot down anything you hear. It sounds like you're just fishing for the answer you want.

I literally am not doing that.
Sorry about that comment, I jus tam used to failure and things like that happening
I'll stop now

I should also add, you don’t even have to significantly raise your position in society. All you have to do is *feel like you’re getting somewhere*, that you have a trajectory, and it will solve a significant amount of depression and sensitivity.

Thanks

Not having an encouraging father is devastating psychologically. You’ve been dealt a very bad hand, OP.

I remember my parents telling me how they would rather live in an orphanage that grow up with their old folks again. Guess it's the same with me and them.

Other than being a hard worker, he's everything I don't want to be.