Is there something like a "trainer", whose only job is to get your ass to go to a gym 5 times a week...

Is there something like a "trainer", whose only job is to get your ass to go to a gym 5 times a week? He wouldn't need to know shit about fitness, all he would have to do is push the right buttons to get you inside a gym 5 times a week and then he'll get paid. Does something like that exist? I feel like that should exist. If yes, what are they called?

sounds like my dad

Did you also pay him?

The only person who will do this for you, is you.

So that really isn't a thing? How is that not a thing? I feel like this one hell of a business opportunity. Drag lazy people into a gym and get paid. I'm sure a lot of people struggling with motivation would love to pay someone to just yell at them and get them to move off the couch. How has nobody capitalized on that yet?
Or wait, this feels like I'm missing some obvious key detail. Maybe my aspergers is getting the better of me right now. Arrrgh, what am I missing?

Yeah it's called a friend.

There are people with no friends.

>missing something
Who would actually pay for this service, and would it be a living wage? I'd imagine to make it your day job you'd have to have a gaggle of lazy people on different schedules you'd have to chase into a gym. The travel time in between them would have to be manageable as well.

>Who would actually pay for this service
I would (if the price is reasonable, let's say $100/month).
>would it be a living wage?
Get 4 people each paying 100 bucks a month and you already are on minimum wage level.
>Travel time
I think for most people a call/skype-call should be sufficient. Sure there may be extreme cases where you'd have to show up personally to get them to move but I think they are rare.

My dad woke me up at 4am every morning all four years of highschool to take me to the gym. I miss my dad.

Damn man, you had won the lottery with your dad, I hope you realize that. My dad barely manages to go from one midlife-crisis to the next one.

I mean that's a fairly narrow scope, but I think "life coach" is what you're reaching for

Hmm, I guess that goes into the right direction. I wasn't aware of those, so thanks for pointing it out.

My dad was very much into fitness and was a rugby legend back in his day. Unfortunately i didn’t give 2 shits about sports or fitness until I was 20 when he was too far gone as an alcoholic to bond with me that way. He had a stroke, alone in his flat a month ago. We had to take him off life support 2 weeks ago. My old town had one of the biggest funeral turnouts in decades for him, he was incredibly well loved for most of his life, a real “local hero” but we were never that close despite how easily he got along with people. It makes me wonder if that’s something on me, that I’m an anti social person. I really i had gotten more time to honestly bond with him. He loved me and I loved him though. Letting go of his big paw-like hand (he was big guy 4 u) after he passed was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done emotionally. I miss you dad.

Sucks man. Especially him having a stroke even though he was athletic. Sometimes you just have really bad luck. Not you though. You won all the lotteries there are to win with your dad. Keep him in your heart and always remember him.
Out of curiosity, what made you eventually care about fitness when you hit 20? I'm 23 right now and while I recognise it's very important, I'm still too lazy to do anything about it.

Thanks man.
Nah he was extremely fat and out of shape by this point, he gave up sports years ago. I started working out due to a bad breakup lol but also I have cystic fibrosis and I realised I had to start being more responsible for my health. I’m always full of beans after a shitty breakup tho so if you have a gf just somehow convince her to cheat on you and you’ll find that drive

I had a friend once with cystic fibrosis. Come to think of it, he also started to get fit at around 18. I wonder if there's a correlation? :D
>if you have a gf
I'm lightyears away from that I'll remember that tip haha.

>I’m going to deny my son sleep by waking him up at an ungodly hour at the time in his life where his brain is least suited to getting up early and when he needs all the concentrentration he can get to study

Sounds like a mentalist desu

>when he needs all the concentrentration he can get to study
Studying in highschool is overrated. Getting good grades doesn't guarantee becoming more sociable, whereas getting fit almost certainly gives a confidence boost and immediately let's you climb the social ladder.
If only I would've spend half of the time that I spent studying for my workouts then maybe I wouldn't be the sad slob of a loser that I am today.

Yeah ive got one, his name is Will Power. You should introduce yourself.

> join a BJJ gym
> get smashed by people half your size
> become determined to learn
> start going 4 - 5 days a week
> holy shit this is so much fun
> you're hooked now, feel guilty when you dont go
> start doing strength training in your off days
> by the time you make blue belt you'll be in the best shape of your life.

Easy peasy. Its the team aspect that makes it so addictive. That, and getting subbed by 120 lb jiu jitsu chicks.

It's called a Personal Assistant. How do you guys not know about this?

Yes. Hire an Indian personal assistant to yell at you if you are not at the gym. Give him an application that tells you your location so he can make sure you are there.