Want to become a home gym fag, is it safe to have a powerrack on the 2nd floor of my house? live in U.S btw so U...

want to become a home gym fag, is it safe to have a powerrack on the 2nd floor of my house? live in U.S btw so U.S construction code. I lift pussy weight too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HjC0pEl0kSE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yeah dude you can install one like i did

as long as your home is in OK condition and there's no structural/termite damage you should be fine, but I probably wouldn't. Definitely don't drop weights if you're deadlifting and stuff like that.

epic thread.

If you have a basement, then there's really no relevant structural difference between the first and second floors.
You'll be fine. Heck, a cast iron bathtub weights over 300 lbs empty.

Yes, its perfectly fine unless you're deadlifting 4pl8 and drop them or something. I have weights, bar and bench with squat rack on the second floor with no problems.

No, no it's not.

Put it in the back garden before you put it on the second floor

just know that all you are being held up by is a 1/2'' piece of plywood with 16 inches of space between the floor joists,

don't do it op

lift in GARAGE

you deadlift your bathtub?

correction, for 16 inch spaces its 5/8'' plywood.
still, if you arent standing on a joist you are standing on a 5/8'' inch thick piece of plywood.

that wood worry me

I have a power rack in my living room but it does take up a lot of space. I'm probably going to trade it in for either a half rack or squat rack soon.

I would definitely look into a squat rack if you have low ceilings. Also factor in that you'll only be able to do seated OHP unless you're a manlet.

RIP left-hand wall

Honestly depends. In Florida condos we use concrete between floors to keep shit hurricane proof. Up north, it might be a little different.

thats in commercial buildings and multi family dwellings, and its not even mandatory in multi-families.
county codes can override this, but thats the building code.
in a single family dwelling its floor joists and 5/8'' thick plywood unless the owner wants it built otherwise.

You definitely could have it, unless you plan on keeping multiple thousands of pounds of weight. I would think something like 500 pounds would not even be close to being a problem.

Too bad there's a wall there. Just gotta drag it to the right might leave a trail of ripped out ceiling, but that's not as much of a problem as tearing down a huge section of wall while squatting. Squatting the bar through a wall is like a shitty resistance band tho so free gains I guess.

Think of the weight of a couple of average americans, 300lb each. Can they stand and move around in an upstairs room assuming they can climb the stairs? Most probably.

You have nothing to worry about.

You're dumb.

I'm hoping OP posts an update where their weights fell through the floor so we can top that thread.

>Deadlift
>Drop weights

Implying that you did a deadlift if you didn't even finish the rep.

Anyone in Australia have a home gym?

I am looking at starting one in the garage. Money isn't so much an issue. Just looking at getting a power rack with barbell and bumper plates.

Is there anyone to specifically go through?

rogue.com.au

No, they're banned, just like everything else in Australia.

>motivation
youtube.com/watch?v=HjC0pEl0kSE

I got a second hand rack and bench for $40 off facebook marketplace

kek

i'm a poorfag that bought all my shit off gumtree

I'm on a third floor with my rack on an inside balcony, basically floor is bare wood. i threw some foam pads down and everythings been fine. diddly 4pl8 too. just don't drop them like a faggot

That's pretty fucking nice

>SS book on the sofa

>SS book on the sofa

Want to buy my SS collection off me? After the explanation of the lifts it goes down hill.

PPST is especially shit

You're an exceptional salesman, user.

I put dead people in my tub does that count?

Your floor should be able to easily support the weights provided your house isn't a shambles. You just need to set up proper padding under the rack to prevent damage to the floor.

Your wooden floor can support a shitload of weight, even more on a joist, and double that amount near a load bearing wall. The short answer is 40lbs per average square foot; this may differ depending on various factors. Think about how heavy a refrigerator or a couple of people having a conversation in your living room is; not even a thought of "too much weight" goes through your head. The only thing is you CANNOT drop any weight. Wood is very strong, but only so when force or weight is distributed over an area. If you drop, say, a loaded deadlift bar, at waist height, it's going to cause some serious damage. Probably won't go through the floor (If it does it's going to kill the person below you in a horrible unfortunate death), but it's a possibility.