/stoic/

I feel like we should have a stoicism related general. Stoicism and fitness go perfectly hand in hand.

Together we can encourage each other and give each other ideas on how to be more stoic. We need to encourage each other to stop giving into our desires, and instead work on long form satisfaction in the way of salf improvement.

Modern society needs a Stoic movement.

Friendly reminder that pic related is the end result of properly applied stoicism.

wrong, thats utilitarianism

> t. someone who has never read The Handbook

shoo shoo brainlet

well memed ;)

Aurelius is laughing at you right now.

I also want to know how that retard came to that conclusion in #3

Oh, sorry fags, change panel 3 to
>it was aligned with nature's will
And it's basically the same shit.

That's utilitarianism, but even then, that's not really the logic anyone would use (because naturally you would lend more weight to your own happiness and not empathise with the criminal who stole your bike).

Stoicism would be not letting the loss get to you too much. You would still pursue getting the bike back, but you wouldn't let it negatively effect your thought processes. At the end of the day, there's no point letting emotions drive your decisions.

that is betaism

Why not just study Zen. Its the same thing but with no "if you can't take it just off yourself"

I bet he applies this also to cuckolding

I can't imagine being at the same time so uneducated but so confident in your absolutely retarded opinion.

How different is stoicism from determinism, and how do both handle life?

Well determinism is about how you believe the world works in regarded to free will ie. it's non-existence.

Stoicism is more in regards to how you react to the world. There's definitely a sense of accepting determinism, though. Like part of embracing rationality is accepting the uncontrollable nature of the world.

tfw an anti-intellectual retard irreparably ruins your thread.

if I kill that faggot I'll be slightly more happy and he'd be dead, so by his logic I should just do it

That's Epicurus' bust though.

Bump

Zen is just Buddhism for white people with dreadlocks.

I think most religions would be the same. Even Christianity was kinda similar before it turned into a self help group.

Just stay based. Zen is fine as long as you don't become that guy. I dig some of the principles and occasionally sit, but you will never catch me in a goddamned robe.

Stoicism is fine, but again, don't become that guy. The Greeks had some good ideas, and some fucking terrible ideas. Every faggot tryhard half-a-man with that "muh modern degeneracy" mentality are the HUGEST fedoralords. Sure, shit's superficial and the path most traveled is a pretty unsatisfactory endeavor if you aren't retarded, but whinging and LARPing as a patrician of a bygone era is fucking CRINGY.

Lift weights - be chill - build.

No, it wasnt

letting your emotions drive your decisions is actually pretty practical in a lot of ways. let's say it's your lunch break. you want mexican food. you have two mexican joints equidistant from your work. both resturant a and b offer the same quality food at the same price. how would your /robot/ ass deal with this dillema? well a normal person would come up with some bullshit explanation as to why taco bell is better than del taco based on FEELING whereas a /robot/ would spend his 30 minute lunch break making a gd venn diagram .

Wrong, a real man has his lunch prepped and packed the day before by his wheyfu.

Your autistic rant resembles a problem that only would arise for Amerimutts