Ok so i gotta question for yall. What was the breaking point that made you want to get fit?...

ok so i gotta question for yall. What was the breaking point that made you want to get fit?. was there a event that made you snap? or did you just get sick of your body?. plz tell all

pic unrelanted

fell in love with a girl
then fell in love with lifting

saw how my skinny friend went from skeleton mode to very decent mode. I was tired of being a skinnyfat guy with potential to look good if I put in the effort

>she left me for someone else
>start lifting

Stepped on the scale and saw it 30lbs heavier than what I had thought. Started that day. 270 down to 195 @6'1. Now I climb and lift instead of being a couch potato loser

>Lifting irregularly and not eating properly for a year
>Friend comments on how long I've lifted but no gains
Thanks to him I now have a proper lifting routine, eat properly and I've actually started gaining muscle

friend got fit, tried to get me into lifting for 2 years, I was always hesitant. at a party my flatmate and he somehow started talking about lifting and fueled by alcoholic motivation we decided to go to the gym the next day. so totally hung over friend showed us how to lift, I liked it and started my journey as Veeky Forumsizen. flatmate didn't have the necessary discipline and motivation but still sometimes goes to the gym and does some shit with machines.

Came to the realisation that at my weight now, my self esteem hit rock bottom and it'd be exactly the same regardless of if I stayed the same or put even more on, so a change had to be made.

7lbs lost in 3 weeks so going strong.

Not even joking, I saw one of those pics on /b/ with some ancient Greek statue and a made up quote from Aristotle or someshit talking about how criminal it is for a man not to realize his physical potential.
I'm still a DYEL piece of shit but at least I am trying.

I had a really tough point about a year ago that made me want to start lifting

>be me
>skinnyfat dyel
>in bed sleeping next to gf
>mum comes in, dog has been ran over by the fucking tradies next door
>ohshit.jpg
>go outside
>see dog, struggling to breathe
>Panic mode
>Get dog onto a stretcher type thing, take it to the vet
>Arrive at vet
>Adrenaline has worn off, she's in pain
>Crushed Spine
>Family is hysteric, no one knows what to do
>I make the call to put her down
>I get a moment alone with her
>Look into her eyes and say goodbye
>Walk out into the car park crying

I think the shittiest thing about this whole situation is my girlfriend at the time (Who I had been with for 2 years) wanted to hang out with her friends that night instead of coming to see me. I didn't want sex or anything, I just wanted a hug. The next day I started lifting/built a PC and almost entirely blocked her out of my life, I didn't break up with her till about 6 months after. I thought I would've eventually been able to forgive her.

worthless fags used to make fun of me. so i decided to make a change and go to the gym. i read up on everything - training, dieting etc. mastered the craft and got very impressive progress. stupid fags at school see and start going to gym as well, but they're retarded and have no understanding of training or nutrition so they look like shit and struggle to bench 1 plate as i laugh from my throne. fucking little peasants.

I've decided today I'm gonna get fit
Aniki's death pushed me
Wish me luck

Started because my ex left me and I wanted to ensure that I look better than her next one. Continued because because it feels amazing going to the gym and lifting more than you did before.

You sound like a huge puss.

>was undernourished manchild addicted to vidya for years
>realize i will die from lack of movement without ever scoring if i don't do something
>lift

I've had my home gym for years and I'm still DYEL but I'm finally making progress now that I've got more consistent at eating properly.

For me it wasn't a breaking point, so much as a realization that I am a deeply disadvantaged person in life, and I needed to start pulling my shit together in order to stand a chance of anything working out at all. I started out skinny fat, so it wasn't that hard to get toned. I had always eaten relatively healthy, I just dialed it in and started lifting. Most people in the US are overweight or obese which effects their chances of everything from getting their dream job to finding love. People will judge you and pass you by. Being even slightly fit is a huge advantage. 30 year old female, btw.

>Skinny skeleton
>Always wanted to be buff
>Started lifting for the girls
>One day I shifted my focus from the girls to have pure STR in a fight
>Started to do Boxing and Jewdo
>Feels good now
Tell me anons,why do you lift for girls when you can become a monster in combat?

why you shitting on him? i know the cool thing to be on Veeky Forums is negative, but cmon. inb4 you call me a puss too, if you do you better provide pics of your body and face to prove your not a skinnyfat puss yourself behind a keyboard. fite me

It physically hurt my chest area to eat. Left /g/ to come here. MyFitnessPal told me I was eating between 12,000 and 18,000 kcal a day. Decided to change my life or I'd go supernova when I died. Starting 380lbs, current 220lbs, goal 196.

I hated myself and what i looked like for years as a child. thought puberty would fix it up without much effort from me. Realized this wasnt true and that i was a pussy that never worked hard for anything and avoided pain. So i embraced pain and hard work and now i look good and people want to be friends with me and girls want me. But I still feel so lonely because nobody wanted to be my friend as a kid

I realized no one, not a single person, will really respect you when you're a skeleton.

nothing drastic
>martial arts and bodyweight fitness since i was 4
>snapped my left shoulder up snowboarding at 18 (dislocated)
>couldn't do pushups/pullups without pain for 3 months
>gained some fat and didnt have a perfect sixpack
>stumbled upon Veeky Forums and quickly got the point that a gym would give me more gains than BW
>read StickyxF
>now actually laugh at the twig i used to be and how proud i was of my abs at below 70kg

Im a 26 year old virgin. My breaking point was the realization that could die a virgin if I didnt get my act together. Still a virgin btw, but making progress.

Got a job moving drywall and could hardly do it and felt like a little bitch because other workers did it with ease

If you don't lift weights to make your daily life easier why would you even lift?

This

the way people treat me now that I have muscles is drastically different from when I was dyel

i was so out of shape that i fainted after walking 3km,fell on the street and almost broke my arm.
lost 30kg since then and gain muscle so fuck it.

I was an alcoholic and decided I needed to stop so I became obsessed with lifting instead and everyone knows getting drunk daily doesn't go well with making gains so I slowed down big time on the drinking

just got sick of being fat and feeling sad for myself.

I get girls, but I lift to get the girls I want.

you did the right thing user

Got clean off of drugs and needed something to do. Getting into working out was one of the best things I could have done for myself. More energy, clearer mind, sleeping better and I don’t look like ducking death anymore. Been clean for almost 5 years and just got into working out(seriously) 9 months ago. I was always off and on but jumped in seriously then.

Good job man thats also why I started lifting

>down 25lbs
>massive strength gains
>feel a lot better

I still drink once in a while but it's much better than drinking almost everyday and getting stupid drunk

Yeah when I quit drinking I was bored as shit and needed something to fill my time with and I'm glad I chose lifting instead of videogames or something else sedentary

Long story sort my doctor called me a fatty.

I got straight up bullied by a girl for having bitch tits when I was younger
>girl I've seen since middle school now in highschool starts calling me tits while laughing
>try to brush her off but fucked me up
>months and she just keeps doing it now starting to try to pinch me
>get angry one day and autism and pinch her own tits and begin calling her ass
>at party when she shows up and starts razzing me again out of the blue
>finally get fed up and tell her that no one likes her and everyone thinks she's a bitch then walk off inside to go to the restroom
>get shoved hard in the back not expecting it and fall to the ground
>before I can turn around chick that has been being mean to me is on top of me yelling at me what the fuck my problem is
>we're literally hand fighting but I can't fucking push her off, she's a soccer/volleyball player and literally clamps her legs down on me
>starts laughing at me calling me tits again when she realizes Im staring at hers
>"ew you perv, or are you jealous?"
>literally leans forward and slams her tits in my face laughing

After that I went with my mom to the gym she went to and never left.

>was always skinny fat with a little gut
>worked as a barista, free drinks and food
>coworkers always complained they were fat
>friends started complainging they were getting fat
>"as long as im not over my kill myself weight, im good"
>weigh self after not doing so for a few months. 10 lbs over "kill myself weight"
>struggle "dieting" with counting calories on shit tier food, and going to my uni gym here and there in between school and work full time.
>go on two month "vacation" to visit family and relatives/move after graduating from my unis city/state
>gain 10 more lbs because cheap and free food. (went from major city where buying 5 things to make dinner at the store costed $30 to moving to the midwest where it costed $6)
>shortly felt sick anytime i wore an under shirt or jeans. Basically had to unbuckle them when sitting, even though i didnt struggle to button them and it didnt look like i was muffin topping
>"im sure its just my gastric issues despite being 20 lbs over my im too fat for life weight"
>now that im moved, stable and more or less have a routine, im only 2lbs over my kill myself weight but keeping to it.
>roommate is ultimate gains goblin who reguarly keeps junk and candy at home. At least he normally finishes his pints of ice cream before getting to it.
>today he got 8 "bite sized" pastries and left 3 in the fridge for me before going away for a week. Each one is about 350 calories and i feel bad wasting food i didnt buy plus i like them.

Moved out on my own at 23, and after a few months I had noticed how much junk food I was regularly buying. I was making more frequent trips to the grocery for my shitty food and snacks (cookies, potato chips, etc) than I was for good, healthy foods. This embarrassment alone motivated me to drop 20lbs over 10 weeks that spring, and I havn't looked back. Thanks Veeky Forums

throw them away. easiest solution. if he bought them for you they are yours to do with what you will

I was doing laundry and decided to wash all my heavy clothes like blankets and large coats I don't normally wash. They were taking forever to dry, and I ended up stuck in my dorm literally all day. It felt super lethargic and bad. I had been thinking about starting for a while for a lot of reasons, but this was the breaking point.

Ex-gf cheated on me with a swimmer. Went into a deep depression. Watched "Yes Man." Decided I was gonna say yes to everything. Started drinking, picking up hitchhikers, going out dancing - & working out. Went from 240 of lard to 167 of, well, not solid muscle - but I'm a lot happier mentally & I feel fucking great.

Years later, her & I are actually friends again for what it's worth.

coming to NV to work as a barista, any tips?

does saying yes to everything actually work?
how else did you change your lifestyle?

good shit

To event
My legs collapsed when i was step on big stair.
Sec even is i gain 5kg of fat.
I was skinny fat 65kg on 190cm and weak as fuck. I had to make a change

I literally said yes to every inbound offer that came my way for about 2 months straight & it made me a significantly happier person.

I was in college at the time, living on campus. But I used to go home every weekend. Then people would ask me to stay back - so I did. I became exponentially more social with everyone around me; living "in the moment." I started going clothes shopping with friends & buying the silly shit I'd find. I'm into music production, so I'd start making song for everyone who asked me to - which was super rewarding for the creative side of my brain. Teachers offering extra credit? I'd do it.

Body got better.
Social life got better.
Mental health got better.
Creativity was flourishing.
Became insanely promiscuous for a while, too. One time I drove out to some hick-town & had a threesome with a girl & her friend on her trampoline. If it was an offer, I'd take it.

>be general 4channer DYEL-skeleton
>check out Veeky Forums, working out seems simpler than I thought it was
>start lifting

so, you weren't actually initiating random shit, just accepted shit that came your way?
sounds fun, might try it

>tfw no one to ask me stuff

Good for you anyway I'll keep that in mind

>he says posting on a weeb forum
Sure pal.

Had a bowel resection and needed to get my shit together

may i fuck you in the ass?

You're either a woman or soyboy (see: psychopath)