/plg/ - Powerlifting General

/plg/: When the Spotters Nearly Kill Your Favourite Smiley Man Edition

ITT: discussion on how to get better at bench press, squat and deadlift for the express purpose of competing in your IPF approved underpants. Or just for funsies, it's up to you.

the following are allowed and encouraged:

routines
form checks
accessory discussion
appropriate memes
feels
Trying Your Hardest

the following are expressly forbidden and discouraged:

shit form
that one pudgy loser
5/3/1 meme shit
Not trying hard
Arch/sumo/equipped autism

let's get things started with a classic:

WAWTT?
WAWET?
WAWLTT?
WAWFT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yq1NKbziaO8
youtube.com/watch?v=YQEJyjKTH9g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ray Williams 485kg squat record..

Too bad the little bitch stopped training with me because of "Muh legs are getting to big, i can't find jeans that fit"

kelly was called on depth even tho he was deeper than ray who got whites. disprove this fact

>5/3/1 meme shit

why is 5/3/1 meme?

What happened to him?

Kelly didn't make depth, even he said that himself.

Wait, is arch/sumo/equipped autism the doing of those or the complaining about them?

Because let's get this straight

Arching is fine
Sumo should be banned
Equipped is real PL. Classic aka raw is just crossfit. You should do a burpee after each attempt

neither did ray

It's Deeper than Kelly's

>yes
>sumo is gay but deadlift doesnt matter anyway so do what adds the most to youre total
>lmao okay george

I'm enunciating the official plg position

they were both a mile high

every single person at my PL gym does sumo (and competes in usapl)

theres only 1 (one) eq lifter in all of plg and its you

Who squatlet here?

102.5 3 x6 went smoothly last week.
Today could barley do 105 so end up doing it 3x3.

What fucking gives, why can't I progress like a normal person? Been tracking my tdee and weight for only a week and apparently I lost 0.4 kg eating 2800-3000 cal. It shouldn't affect my lifts that much should it? Also done some swimming yesterday, could that be it?

Not to be miserable faggot, diddies felt better today, finały got the patience to keep hips from shooting up. After that done 90 KG 3x3 on front squats

looks deep to me and this is generally the angle that will make every squat look high..?

I am 6'5" 104kg (227 lbs). My lifts are 80kg/115kg/140kg/180kg for ohp/bench/squat/diddly. My question is do I bulk to get stronger or do I have the potential to get stronger at this bodyweight?
My numbers are poor for my body weight so I feel like I should be able to get stronger without putting any weight on. I've been training seriously for about 9 months.

I wouldn't be so sure

Gain at least 15kg

WAWTT?
Shoulder is feeling dandy again, so I'll try some pressing later on. Possibly some deadlifts as well.

WAWET?
Chicken and bread.

WAWLTT?
Rando Spotify playlist.

WAWFT
Kinda nervous since I'm officially leaving the NEET life tomorrow.

OK thanks man.

>Raw worlds is a decade old

Why was fedor so fat? That can only be bad for fighting when you need endurance

>inb4 peak performance meme

>finały
Trip on yakob

Failed, spotter on the right tried to pretty much supinated-front-raise the bar because the ledge of the small platform stopped him getting close in, and the weight was enough to pull the spotter off his feet.
Platform can be up to 4m×4m so no idea why they choose such small platforms for big events.

Fucked that up

It's probably fine for most hobby lifters that don't plan on competing. It's the memeshit Jimposting, and touting 5/3/1 as the solution to all your life's woes that's a problem.

I want to try Candytoe's deadlift program.

Can someone explain to me why you need to change things and why doing the exact same stuff every time is not enough? You'd think that if you want to get better at normal deadlift you'd train normal deadlift and not change things all the time.

Also, the program the excel sheet gives me looks very shitty. The difficulty ramps up far too quickly. First there's tons of easy peasy shit that is no challenge and suddenly there is some serious heavy shit that I just don't think I will be able to do. Why should I not challenge myself every workout without at first going too light and then going too heavy? I am just not a beginner anymore who can make significant gains in a short amount of time.

Anyway, any alternative deadlift programs please? I really want to hit a 300kg deadlift one day but I have been deadlifting for quite some time now and am barely at 220kg max. So I appreciate any input you can give me.

Just don't, you're not candito and you dont need specialized deadlift program. Also you're already doubting you can even finish it so why even bother starting it.

In my gym I am among the strongest and there are many dedicated lifters, even several roiders. But very few people can deadlift above 200kg or squat above 160kg. Yet on the internet there are so many fucking people who can dead up to 300 and squat up to 250 who are much lighter than me as well. I just am very frustrated how long I have been lifting and where I am. Yes, I could have been more dedicated but I have a life. Lifting is a hobby, not my profession. Still, I want to progress but it feels like it takes forever to just add a few kilos.

So do I simply lack the genes? Are the people on the internet lying or just genetic exceptions? I just want to know what I can try to progress faster that is not roiding.

What is your take on the max effort method?

Mate, there will be always someone better than you. Deal with it and stop crying.

> (OP) (You)
>Wait, is arch/sumo/equipped autism the doing of those or the complaining about them?
It's being autistic about them.

>Because let's get this straight
>Arching is fine
ROM reduction is fine
>Sumo should be banned
Wait ROM reduction isn't fine?
>Equipped is real PL. Classic aka raw is just crossfit. You should do a burpee after each attempt
Behave.

I assume you lift in commercial gym. People in those kind of gyms arent strong, they dont even lift to be strong and I'll sound like garagebro but lifting with weak people will hinder your progress while lifting with strong people will help you. If you want some help you'll have to give us some more info weight/height/time training. Show us your lift 220kg is not weak but also not really strong.

Just tried Stan Efferding’s ‘Monster Mash’

100g burger mashed up
100g rice
Half a cup of chicken stock

Easy as fuck to shovel down in a couple of mins

500cals
80g carbs
35g protein
6g fat

Some have been lifting longer, some are generic outliers. Also the pool is so much larger online. Just keep doing you and have fun with this.

Energetic short haired girls.

There's video of Stan and Matt Wenning going food shopping for Brian Shaw and Thor over the Arnold weekend, absolutely mental

Yeah i saw, im buying a rice cooker tomorrow

That's like saying 'what is your opinion on volume day'. It's a question that doesn't make sense. For it to be a max effort method it needs to fit within the rest of the programming.

Now if we reframe your question talking about conjugate, most people fuck it up. IMO more specificity is needed in a comp prep cycle, and it seems to work a lot better for untested and/or equipped lifters, but I imagine that's mostly down to point a - people fuck it up.
I'd run it as 'off season'/GPP programming or for people with short attention spans who are just training for fun.

Too embarrassed.

Thank you.

>for people with short attention spans who are just training for fun.
That sounds like me.

Well then don't expect much help and slow progress is better than no progress so don't worry about it that much.

183cm 99kg bw. Started 8.5 years ago when I was 14, 182, ~50kg. First 6 years in a gym with only machines, 2.5 years now in a gym with free weights. Dead I do 5x180 for reps, when I maxed 9 months ago I got up to 210kg and I think I could do up to 215-220 now but haven't tried. Squat I do 5x120 for reps high bar, 4x100 front, highest I ever tried was 1x140 but easy lifts so I think I can do more. Bench 6x85 reverse grip. I have unstable shoulders due to genetic ligament laxity (long ago doc could simply lift shoulder out of joint) so I can only do reverse grip, normal grip leads to severe impingement over time.

a local bodybuilder filmed his carb-tank day and he ate 13000kcal in 4 hours. non-stop eating. funny film.

I need avice on doing assistance work after or gpp days focused on assistance/conditioning after standard

Comp Squat
Comp Bench
DL Variation

Squat variation
Press
Row

Comp DL
Bench Variation
Squat Variation

was thinking about 100 rows and 100 vertical pulls after each workout would also unironically add 100 tricep extensions and maybe some dips/3ct paused dumbell bench after main workouts

youtube.com/watch?v=Yq1NKbziaO8

thor guy diddylifted 472kg with straps

Please respond

>rice cooker

Get an Instant Pot, I just picked one up and it's really good.

Youve just reminded me i already have a pressure cooker

>This is what rawsies believe

While I realize it doesnt make much sense if you wanna do PL, it seems like a lerfectly reasonable program for people into strenght and getting bigger.
I see a lot of "anti-531" shitposting

An online forum for people who like lifting, and are pretty autistic about it, and on top of that, a PL general is not a fair representation of the general population.
Of course stronger people are gonna aggregate here, and some people shitpost

I know it's not a powerlifting routine, but I'm really happy I started 531bbb.
Not that the routine is amazing, it's fine, but I'm happy that I've stopped being a faggot who did his own fullbody routine with no periodization and wasted so many months getting no gains.

the plazma bucks have been transferred good goyim

7 days out and the only comp prep that's gone worse is the time I got a norovirus 2 weeks out.
Hold me lads.

tbf things are moving just well enough that I should meet my goals but I'm feeling nervous about it.

>getting viruses in 2018
Literally no excuses.

Yeah that was in 2015 but thanks for your input

ok let me rephrase
>getting viruses after we invented vaccines
literally no excuse.

looks like a good setup but i wouldnt do heavy dips, do tris on bench days and lots of rear delt work

I dont know what any of that means

There isn't a vaccine for the norovirus you wolly

Is there a vaccine for GDEism?

Yeah, it's called reproduction.

not in this lifetime, but gene doping will be a thing in the future

Online forums aren't fair representations to begin with. I feel like a couple of guys are telling porkies. If you're a young guy who went from couch to plg remember that older guys have spent their entire lives building an athletic base to do this.

candito programs are for dummies no strong person ran those ever

i guarantee candito himself hasnt even ran his programs he just makes them to keep his brand up

>Caught a bad virus Thursday
>Could barely walk and all of my joints are killing me
>Now that I'm feeling better it looks like the virus gave me an ear infection
RIP

How do you even get sick. Last time I was sick or had an illness of any kind was in 2000-2001

they're from 3rd world countries

Yooo

Went from deadlifting 315 to 605 in 10 months, noob gains went to my head and I thought pulling 700 by my 20th birthday would be easy as fuck.

My birthday is tomorrow and I’m still stalled in the low 6’s. Tore both menisci and an ACL and haven’t squatted in months. Impinged my rotator cuff and can hardly bench. Then I tweaked my back severely a few days ago and can’t even deadlift 135. Found out it was a bulging disc today. I teared up when the doctor told me that to be honest.

It really sucks man. I’ve been going through really difficult times in my personal life and lifting has become something I channel negatively into. Very similar to what George Leeman does. I personally identify with lifting heavy weights.

I’ve taken a step back and while I know powerlifting is just a hobby and not life or death, it really depresses me. I don’t think I’ve gone a single place besides work, home, the grocery store, or the gym in the past six months. I’ve lost the few friends I had and I’m quite isolated working overnight in a warehouse with no human interaction. There are times when I can go days without speaking a single word to another human being at all. All I do is work and lift, and now not even that.

there are two layers of selection bias here

1. people who are good enough at lifting and get good enough results to stick to it
2. people who are good enough at lifting to consider competing in powerlifting and go on a thread dedicated to powerlifting

so the average set of genetics for powerlifting among frequent posters in this general is far far far and away better than the population as a whole

315 bench 405 squat and 500 deadlift here is considered GDE territory, but in real life i've seen exceedingly few people hit these numbers and all of them were pretty big guys and serious long term lifters

nice humble brag fag

>muh catback fast progress
jimposter was right all along. Start light progress slowly and have decent technique

youtube.com/watch?v=YQEJyjKTH9g

nice blog, when is the giveaway?

I got super unlucky. I haven't had an illness below the neck in years

This.

Im a dyel and just hit a 290 1rm Squat.
And i am one of the stongest in my (tiny) gym, which is fucking embaressing

pls be in kgs

130kg @ 85kg BW

your squat could be considered an illness desu

Not good at any means and barely intermediate, but im like one of the top 4 squatters, which proofs OPs point

Play some vidya so you talk to someone that isn't an autist on Veeky Forums. Get some more hobbies.

>315 to 605 in 10 months

i couldn't do the same in like 5 years, talentchad genocide when

and yet you're still stronger than him, because he inured the fuck out of himself lmao.

How was it their fault?

BRFPTT SQUUUUUUUISH PLOP

AH such relief, one log down

SPPSPAPASPSPAHSPLPPLSPLLOSPPSOSOSPLALPLOOOPSL SPLOPSH SPLOOOSH SPLATT SPLOOOOSH

holy fuck hopefully I got the sound effect correct but after the initial log plopped out a bunch of runny Norman khannarea just came running out at extreme speeds like it was almost all water with some chunks in it

WEEW that was EXTREMELY UNEXPECTED

Now what in the heck would have caused that

This definetly goes down as the strangest Norman khan disposal of 2018 thus far

ok my bench off the chest has gotten really good, but now my lock outs arent that great.
how good of an accessory is floor press? how many reps are good for them?

And now he can't pull 1pl8

very good 5-8 reps

>LE WEAK TRICEPS LE TARGET LE TRICEPS WITH LE J PRESS AND LE SKULL CRUSHERS AND LE SLINGSHOT BENCH AND LE TRICEPS EXTENSIONS XDDDDFFDD GAHAHA DIRECTLY TARGETING LE WEAK MUSCLE GROUP XDDDD

fuck off Reddit man

I work with adults with learning disability, who have terrible personal hygiene. As many times a day as I wash and sanitise my hands, occasionally something slips through.

Aside from common colds, I've been 'ill' around 4 times since I was a teenager, and 3 of those were in the last 6 years whilst I've been working here.

i just want to be your fren sean plz no bully :(

projection

projection

does powerlifting help you manhandle tards when they get out of hand

asking for a friend

I'm on TM and I've had some inflammation in my elbow a couple of weeks ago, so I didn't do upper body for about 2 weeks. It's all good now, but I want to be safe anyhow, so would it be a good idea to only do bench/OHP and leave the accessories (chinups on VD and dips on ID) for a bit?

What's the best program for someone who wants to gain size and strength? Should I focus one and then the other, or is there a middle road that does deliver some gains to both sides of the spectrum? Assuming for someone out of their beginner gains period, running a sarm cycle while bulking