/fast/ #136 - High Test Edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0
While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.
>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

Why post that when you know we can't have milk right now?

Is breast milk keto-friendly?

just learned the hard way not to trust a fart while on snek juice

yfw she'll be raped by niggers within a year or two

Pics or it didn't happen

already tossed my clothes into the laundry m8

thank god i wasnt out in public, now im worried to go to the gym

btw heres some proof that im back in the USA and reunited with my scale, the cold unforgiving bitch that it is

you fags are in for a treat this month, I am going to attempt some serious anorexia to find out what body fat percentage natty OMAD can get a person to

also did anyone notice that Snakeman Cole went from preaching OMEOD to OMAD in the course of a week? XD

he literally said "I DONT EVEN WANT TO GET INTO THIS RIGHT NOW BUT IM EATING OMAD AGAIN..."

I don't shit at all during fasts and I drink snake juice.

Maybe your ratio is off my dude.

i've been doing 1 tbsp of sodium and 1.5 tbsps of potassium in a liter of water, and that's after lowering the potassium down from 2 tbsps. i shit rarely, but when i do, it's been quite explosive. for what it's worth im about 60 hrs into my fast

desu i havent even drank any snake juice today, just 2 cups of coffee earlier

Hello mr bones

my country. have no idea who this is

I'm not sure how much sodium/potassium would be in a table spoon of whatever you're taking but if you're experiencing incontinence then something is definitely wrong.

Try having just plain water tomorrow and see if you're gonna shit too much again. That's usually caused by too much potassium, iirc

why should i fast instead of cut? i lost 17 kg atm in 6 months at 1400kcal daily, i still want to lose 5-7 more kg and im thinking about fasting or keep cutting , any help ? thanks

OP you from CP, SA?

>why should i fast instead of cut?
Because fasting won't slow down your metabolism and it's less muscle wasting because you're not using glucose for fuel, so you wouldn't need to break down protein for glucose.

Another thing is insulin. Insulin blocks fat burning and you know that every time you eat, insulin spikes and until it's below a certain level, you're not gonna be burning any fat.

If you're cutting on keto, then fasting wouldn't make much of a difference.

If you were fasting, you'd have hit that target within 3 months, rather than "cutting" for 6.

i wish, still have 20 lbs of fat. This is what a salty diet will do to you in a cold climate ahha

*CPT

what's the plan when you're done?

Fasting is just a fast cut. Plus you’re body doesn’t fuck up your metabolism and helps preserve muscle loss.

That actually looks healthier than you’re last one. Maybe it’s the sunburn

but wont i have headaches or feel bad or dizzy ? ok ill fast now to lost my last 10 kg to go from 70 kg to 60 kg, im 173 cm, how much days consecutive fasting ? sorry for my noobs question but what can i eat or where can i read or some quick usefull explanation ? thanks for reply very much and sorry for my ignorance

thanks for reply

it comes out to about 1800mg of sodium (a little more if im using regular table salt rather than pink salt), and 3800mg of potassium--so, under the numbers in the OP (since those are cole's numbers and i've seen some people say they're a bit too high)

i might try to knock down the amounts to 1 tbsp of both, ive seen some people here recommend that

oh shiet, sup SA fag where you from, CPT here

Is fasting for 46 hours basically the same as fasting for 48? I was a weak willed bitch and caved at hour 46 with a bowl of salad with spinach and mushrooms.

also i cut at 1200-1300 kcal of full protein, low carbs, and allmost no fat

You won't have many adverse effects if you drink the snake juice. Find a salt that has at least 50% potassium chloride (LO-SALT for example has 66%) then grab a teaspoon of that and dilute it in a liter of water. Sip it throughout the day and you'll have your electrolytes so no headaches or dizziness.

Days of consecutive fasting should be until you're lean. Your hunger will go away after day 3 and will return once your body fat levels reduce below a certain threshold.

I recommend you do a 48 hour fast first, see how you feel, and if you feel good just keep going. If not, just re-feed with some protein and fat, and then fast again for 48 hours. At this point you'll most likely feel well so you can continue fasting until you reach your goal, or until you feel like you need to refeed again. Read everything in the OP, including the studies for extra reference.

>almost no fat
Start fasting, seriously.

Sorry, is that one table spoon? I think that might be a bit too much still.

when I'm at 7%bf or whatever natty limit is, i'm going to experiment with this idea i have where i eat a bite of chicken and a little bit of apple juice every hour, running a slight calorie surplus. The complete opposite of fasting and lean gains. I want to see if that makes me gain fat or muscle very easily, and I'll show you guys the results, win or lose

thanks man, I think it is the sprinting instead of distance running. could be the sunburn too hahah

it's 1tbsp of salt (approx 1800mg) and 1.5tbsp of potassium (approx 3800mg). i'm thinking of cutting it down to 1tbsp of both (so 1800mg of sodium and 2500mg of potassium).

numbers in OP are 2000-3000mg of sodium and 4700mg of potassium

That sounds crazy enough to work, considering you need insulin and carbs to build extra mass.

Though what fasting/leangains is meant to avoid is the inevitable fat that you will definitely build also.

From my experience on this board and irl, bulking is the best strategy to build more muscle. Since we already know how to reduce fat properly, I think bulk/fast would be the best way to go about it, but I'd still love to see your results.

How did you come up with those numbers?

thanks very much will start that tomorrow until i lost 10 kg and weight 60kg, thanks very much for all! also what made you answer, start fasting seriously, after i said i eat no fats?

I'm trying to explain the difference between thicc and chubby/fat to a woman, can someone please help me explain?

cellulite and hanging vs... not that

Because fats are a good fuel source and if you've been eating 70% protein for the past God knows how long, then your metabolism is definitely fucked in some way.

If you're gonna eat tonight, eat some meat and veggies to prepare yourself. Make the snake juice tomorrow and sip it in the afternoon, it will help with the hunger.

Fat = high body fat and flabby ass
Thicc = a lot of muscles, tight ass

someone post that picture

Also the difference between thicc and high test.

just going off of the labels on the back

the pink salt is 420mg per 1/4 tablespoon (so i mistyped, it's about 1700mg of sodium per tablespoon) and the potassium is 640mg per 1/4 tablespoon (so approx 2500mg of potassium per tablespoon)

Aesthetics. Big tits and curvy thighs on an woman with a good body structure and little fat on the stomach is boner inducing. Big tits and large thighs on a hamplanet are not. Imagine taking a regular female character in a video game and increasing the thighs and breasts slider. That's thicc. Of course the term has been bastardized to mean any fat woman nowadays mostly because of twitter niggers and 15 year old boys.

ok thanks for reply again, im scared of that shit but ill start tomorrow like you said, thanks very much! lets see how much time takes lost 10kg ? maybe 2 week or 3 in this mode?

Can you show me the label on the back with all the info?

Also this fucking CAPTCHA holy shit go away I had to fill in like 5 different puzzles before my last post and now I can't even solve it.

I'd say 3 weeks give or take, yeah.

thanks man!! yeah i agree, it's like a constant yin/yang situation. Cole preaches slow bulk, high-ish calories, low net carbs

World's strongest man eats 10 meals of 1200 calories each, pasta sauce beef whey and peanut butter

Both diets are "correct" if the desired result is muscle gain, but which is "healthier" in my opinion would be OMAD lean gains.

but my guess is that 10MAD is actually quicker!

thanks man, really usefull!

if you can get big by eating keto and live twice as long, why not do that?

Do tell.

lmao my bad im a fuckin idiot

i just realized i've been saying "tbsp" instead of "tsp" this entire time , im just a little dopey today

that being said i HAVE been measuring in tsp

Yeah one tablespoon of salt would be way too much lmao

But still, you shouldn't be having the shits. Try just water tomorrow, you won't die without snake juice for a day. If you still have the shits then it's something different.

Me, I don't shit at all while fasting. I dump one out on day one, at my usual hour, and then no shits until 12 hours after re-feeding. I think that's how it should normally be, considering you're not getting any food in at all. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Would you rather get a check for $46,000 or for $48,000? It’s not the same thing.

Just get a Veeky Forums pass user!

alright, will do. after that, i think i'll try 1 tsp of sodium and potassium, that's what i've seen quite a few people here recommend. i should probably cut back on the coffee, too, since that's a surefire way to get me to shit

thanks for your help

>retards ITT actually think drinking 0 calorie soda counts as breaking a fast but drinking tea or coffee doesn't

lmao

>Retards coming into this thread don’t know about artificial sweeteners producing an insulin response in the body

not easy to get big on keto according to snakeman. most people use it for weight loss and (in theory) insulin control

>South African Blondes
1 of maybe 3 things keeping me in the country

It doesn't because they don't trigger an insulin response. If you have data that proves they do, we'll all stop drinking coffee.

So coffee or grean tea is allowed in a fast like snake juice ? if so how much per day and at what time of the day

if you are a purist, no, it's not allowed

if you aren't a purist, drink as much as you want as long as you are losing 0.5lbs per day or higher.

You can drink only 1 liter of snake juice a day or more? also you can drink normal water or not ? how much ?

ok thanks

You can drink as much water as you need. 1 liter of snake juice only.

thanks man, all ready, starting now, thanks

>being such mystic priests that you deny calories in calories out

Godspeed bro

Newfag here
Do i still need snakejuice if i have multivitamins? Thanks.

Don't take multivitamins. Take snake juice.

thanks you too

Can i run or bike for hours at medium-high speed like i was doing for years or lift if i am fasting ?

I'd take it easy.

Not saying I don't believe, but is there a reason why?

Yeah there's no reason to. Considering most of them are fat-solluble, their bioavailability will be utter shite. Not to mention that most of them are sweet so they may trigger an insulin response.

Thats a no then? i cant do sports or work at a high-strengh required job like load and download boxes from a truck?

Most vitamins are fat soluble not water soluble. If you take them on an empty stomach you just piss them out. Also most multi vitamins are coated in sugar so you produce an insulin response while not getting any vitamins out of it. Sounds p dumb huh?

Hope you lads got a plan B what with the land expropriation without compensation

You can still do your job and do cardio but you won't be able to do as much of it, and your recovery will be shit since you have less energy to do it.

Your primary concern while fasting is losing weight, not improving track times.

If you work a physical job, fasting may not be the best thing, depending on how strenuous it is. What I'd recommend is to just stick to working and rest when you're not there. You'll have plenty of time to train when you're not trying to lose weight.

Wow thanks for the info, that is pretty lame, looks like its snake time

ok so no sport or lifting until i lost all the weight i want ? ok thnaks

I'm planning on going on a week long fast, could I replace Snake Juice with sodium supplements?

hey how come the snake diet say you need 4700mg of potassium and 2000 mg of sodium but you say a teaspoon of lo-salt would be fine? wouldn't a teaspoon of lo-salt only have 1800 mg of potassium and 680 mg of sodium?

help me im dying

You fucking idiots straight up deny calories in/calories out because "IT TRIGGERS MUH INSULIN RESPONSE" but think you're fit to give health suggestions to strangers.

Please fucking stop. You're endangering people.

Insulin response is a fucking broscience retard meme. Ignore them, take your multi vitamin with snakejuice.

So fasting is a meme?

Teaspoon (tsp) =/= Tablespoon (tbsp)
A tablespoon is huge.

Insulin response is a meme, not fasting. Obviously if you don't eat you will lose weight.

You can drink diet soda without magically gaining pounds or hampering your progress while you fast. Ignore broscience.

> Find a salt that has at least 50% potassium chloride (LO-SALT for example has 66%) then grab a teaspoon of that and dilute it in a liter of water

did they mean to say tablespoon? mix a tablespoon in a liter?

anyone?

one question about the video on fasting.or a question in general. 1. should i workout on fasting? 2. if so how does my muscles recover when they dont consume aminoacids from protiens,3. and wouldnt just a keto diet be the same as fasting, sorry if im unedicated on fasting, but ey hit a brother up with wieght loss gains

I am two and a half days into a fast and I am not getting a keto response on my test strips. In my previous fasts I would see aigns if it by now.

Will I be okay taking some fish oil pills or will that break the fast?

>fit to give health suggestions to strangers.
taking advice from Veeky Forums
i shiggydiggymyniggy

dont drink lemon juice or apple cider vinegar without chasing it with straight water

How does it look?

day 1-4 water fast
day 5+6 dry fast
day 7 refeed

repeat until no fat.

hey man thnx for replying to me but i was just more curious about buying lo-salt and using it with water because i already have some in my pantry.

just wondering if the guy i quoted earlier meant tablespoon or teaspoon. i think he meant a tablespoon of lo-salt because that's closer to the snake juice numbers.

here's your (You), now go back to eating 6 meals per day

>3 day fast
>can't drink water because it tastes absolutely disgusting
why

Why do I always see CBTs of soyboys in these threads, can someone with actual muscle who has been fasting show what progess looks like when you actually have muscle

Why didn't you guys tell me about the water shits? I'm starting my third day of fast and basically shat my pants in front of my roommates. Good thing that i had towel covering my waist because i was only wearing those pants at the time and could evacuate fast. Seriously guys fuck you

Donating blood tomorrow which is one of my fast days, should I go through with fasting or just skip it this time?

That's tablespoon yeah. Sorry about that.

Why dont you just lift though?

>finished an 7 day fast
>decide to stuff my face
>feel like shit and stomach hurts

h-help anons

I wonder what the sweet spot is for fasting duration once you're down to single digit BF% & doing maintenance...36 hours is getting to feel pretty manageable, 48 is fine if I'm asleep for the last stretch (still at like 12-15% though so being aided by fat stores). Anything beyond that & the extremes start to become more pronounced - the day(s) of intense hunger & lightheadedness towards the end of the fast, diminishing returns in the gym, the feeding day basically just being an extended food coma.

>1. should i workout on fasting?
no , maybe lightly
>3. and wouldnt just a keto diet be the same as fasting
um no .both diets take the body into ketosis but fasting is much more severe . and i think the stress of fasting is what gets the health benefits.
stress like heat , cold , and no food have been proven to have great benefits to health.
google sauna or cold showers or water fasting

>water tastes disgusting
??????