/PLG/ - Powerlifting General

super male vitality edition

ITT: how to get better at bench press, squat and deadlift

as a pre-thread reminder: report and ignore shit posters as they are globalist operatives who seek to subvert and detract as strong individuals are their biggest fear

First for big 'ol milkies

let's start the thread off with a classic:

>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

fourth for back pain and losing years of deadlift progress

I saw, good for you, you're finally taking the steps necessary to not be a sad gf-less incel.

Did you go to the Arnold today?

reverse hyperextensions my man

It was infact a lie intended to make you all search for me fruitlessly

To my great dismay it was unsuccesful

Why is Jim so small?

because he's all fucked and barely lifts now

same reason layne looks like shit in that pic from the arnold

buy Plazma™

are there any lifting events being streamed at the arnold today?

please respond

From this

to this?

>Why is Jim so small?
Projection

no

to this

>2 weeks back in the gym after 1 year break
>Deadlift is already back over 200kg/441lbs
>HighbarSquat is back at 160kg/353lbs
>bench and OHP took a huge hit and are only at 110kg/242lbs and 70kg/154lbs
at least i have noob gains again

Too many poptarts.

Muscle memory is real senpai

next time you take a year long break from the gym try walking on your hands to retain more bench/press strength

too many exploded discs too, is he still planning on sacrificing to win or is he going to do the sane thing and switch back to bodybuilding?

No meme that guy has gyno

>WAWTT (tomorrow)

DB curls, pinwheel curls (or hammer curls, can't remember), hack squats, and kneeling leg curls.

>WAWET

Mom made spaghetti with a red meat sauce and some garlic bread.

>WAWFT

Horny and lonely.

>mfw OKC matches me with people I definitely did not swipe right on and tinder is a total cesspool

Yeah i noticed. It is all coming back pretty fast even at a moderate to high deficit.
Finally getting rid of them re-entry DOMs felt great aswell.

please. fucking. respond. to. me.

What would you guys consider the best powerlifting routine for an intermediate lifter? I'm getting so many different opinions. Why is 5/3/1 so shitty?

What happens when ywn natural test again

Why there are only blacks in Oscars? Wtf

Can you guys recommend a routine for a brainlet?

I'm aware of the novice/intermediate/advanced deal but I don't want to sperg on things like volume, intensity, etc. I just want something that produces results as long as I hit the fucking weights, eat and sleep. Also, I'm past SS.

Famiglia

>Why is 5/3/1 so shitty?
>What're all the memes about it being bad

531 haters come in a couple different flavors.

The first type of hater is upset because Jim Wendler is a masculine male role model. And none of those haters actually had fathers, so he really upsets them. This type of hater is either a virgin, or a closet homosexual in most cases.

The second kind of hater doesn't understand that the program is more of a philosophy, and it is something that you have to make decisions about changing to meet your goals. It is not just the base template that was posted on T Nation 20 years ago.

The third type of hater is probably just autistic, and they can't handle not squatting and benching 4 times a week because muh frequency despite squatting under 4 plates and benching under 3.

As a final note, 531 is not an optimal powerlifting program. But 99% of people can't handle training optimally anyways.

Did you level your floor? Nice platform

Its not shorty, its very flawed.beyond 531 fixes a lot of its problems such as deloading less frequently

all the morons do 5/3/1 so there ya go

There is no best routine for every lifter. You need to figure out what you're good at and what you're dogshit at. Then you need to figure out how you can turn being okay to good at something into a strength and what you can do to ameliorate a weakness.
If all else fails then just spend a good four months gaining weight while doing a fuck load of sets of 10-12, and then move back into strength training.

>i just want something that produces results as long as I hit the fucking weights, eat and sleep
>past SS
You're not though, read the book.

oops, you're on the wrong board. this is the fitness board, not the pompous little faggot with shit taste board.

there ya go, that's where you wanna be. fuck off.

Yeah, not much. I just poured some pre mix self leveling compound on it. Def not a real fix. Built the platform this afternoon. Having my first lift on it rn

Im just finishing up a 5/3/1 which is why I'm asking about it, and what I can be doing better. I definately made some strength gains, should beyond 5/3/1 be my next target?
Of course, But I don't know what sort of program set up works best for me if I don't get them, and It makes sense to try the ones of highest repute/tried and true before going to the lesser known ones.

That shit isn't bad. Does the job and sets quick. I wouldn't drill into it though...

You been training consistently, or is this a Norse reboot?

>should beyond 5/3/1 be my next target?
Read it. There are lots of options. The PDF is free and available.

Neither lmao. I want to get back into it pretty bad. Still doing some personal growth though, and need get a better handle on physical stressors and health. Then it'll be time to lift for real again :)

>gonna compete in rippetoe's meme meets
alright lads
how do i get my The Press™ up?

Good, glad you're getting centered.

How is work? Find a good job? Still with the chocolate princess? Still in the middle of nowhere?

oops, you're on the wrong board. this is the fitness board, not the pompous little animefaggot with shit taste board.

there ya go, that's where you wanna be. fuck off to fap your animes.

prioritize it just like you would bench press

>imitating your superior because they put you in your place and you want to feel like a winner for once

that's cute, little man. keep crying for me so i can keep laughing at you for being a butt hurt little shit bag.

>Centered
Truth. Needed to happen a long time ago

>Work
Still with the biofuels company. Things have gotten a ton better (they're the same but I'm much better at handling the stress). I recently applied internally for a horizontal & vertical move into research. I hope things pan out.

>Choco princess
We're actually getting married in September

>Middle of no where
Yup. Even more so now. And I bought a house so I'm even more suck lmao

How bout u senpai? Life and lifting treating you well?

>things are going well for norsie

I'm really glad to hear this.

>We're actually getting married
Thats huge! Congrats, normie.

My life us good. Can not complain. Happy for you, red.

sad that we will never see this again.

>buy hickory smoked bacon from the meat counter at the store
>fucking brainlets gave me brown sugar bacon

This is like the third fucking time. What the fuck.

was the meet at the arnold not tested? I'm sorry I believe Ray Williams is amazing, but how does someone put 50 pounds on their already world record sans drugs in a year.

No cap on the weight class and when you remember that he just missed 490 in October it's not as suspect.

>was the meet at the arnold not tested?
If he did use drugs is it any less impressive? I think the fuck not.

actually, no but he claims natty and lifts in a tested fed.

Who cares nerd.

the IPF and USAPL should be disbanded. It's not real powerlifting.

The USAPL part of the Arnold would have been drug tested, that is correct.
t. irate australian pimp

>unironically thinking lifters that come remotely close to world records in competitive events, let alone setting a new record arent on a multitude of PEDs
is it just lack of intelligence, naivety, or mental gymnastics because people dont want to admit their heros are lying?

wtf i didn't know louie had a family

if you want to educate yourself on why EVERY SINGLE top competitor in sports is on PEDs then id suggest reading anabolics, by Llewellyn

Llewellyn is a hack

There's a pretty big bucket of crabs mentality when it comes to tested lifters performing well. If I fancy a guess I'd say most are WADA approved, but not lifetime naturals.

Heavy/light/medium

The chapter on PEDs use in tested sports is logically sound.
you miss the point. EVERY SINGLE top lifter is on PEDs
You dont get to the top with the sort of mentality "oh i dont want to do this PED that will improve my performance by 2-5%" the people at the top are there for a reason, they do whatever it takes.
Of course every single one of them will deny deny deny because they live off of sponsorships. Sponsors want to support the poster boy of the sport not the "drug abusing loser"
Everyone in the industry has incentive to keep PED use as hidden as possible from the public.

>was the meet at the arnold not tested?
The drug tested brand is only to make money and for marketing. Professional athletes would be stupid to be drug free.

Grow up.

if you read into testing methodology you realize there is no way for them testing agencies to catch those abusing the potential hundreds of thousands of potential compounds. They have to test for every single compound or its metabolites specifically.
For example there are hundreds if not thousands of different testosterone derivatives. Only a few became popular such as dbol (metandienone), boldenone (EQ = boldenone undecylenate) and the other "household name" type of steroids. Now these few only became popular because there was only room for so many compounds to be manufactured, and there would be no point to manufacturing a handful of different compounds that serve the same purpose.
Though the research for such deriviates (there are thousands because scientists were attempting to find a steroid that was 100% anabolic and 0% androgenic, something they later found out was impossible)
Now tell me, am I the first one to realize how easy it is to cheat the current testing system?

>he wasnt there for the midwest meetup episode 7
I feel bad for you :(

The big steroid bust in the MLB (USA baseball) was a steroid derivative that i mentioned above, the only way the testing agency had any clue to test for this specific steroid (out of the tens if not hundreds of thousands of other potential steroids) was that someone inside the circle handed the testing agency a sample.
Also the compound they were using had studies on it determining its metabolites. If this research onto metabolites wasnt available to the testing agency it would have taken at least 5 more years for them to recreate the compound, and figure out the metabolites (think permits, licenses, red tape)
If you think steroids AND other PEDs (think stimulants, or other short acting drugs) arent used by 100% of top athletes then you have been tricked by the media

Reminder if you compete in a drug tested fed but are abusing PED’s you are a fraud

Similar reminder steroid assisted lifts are fundementally not as impressive as natural lifts

Its like saying equipped is the same as raw

Change my mind

Fuck you I never wanted to agree with you about anything.

yore not wrong

Me on the right

I use and I agree with you (especially if there are non drug tested options for competition out there), however this viewpoint is kind of rich coming from someone who is really into weightlifting.

That does not change what I argued nor does it mean I support drug use in WL

Thanks for pointing out what was obviously implied by the image.

so you have the choice of being a moralfag or being competitive.
Steroid assisted lifts may not be impressive as a natural lift but the problem is that you cannot tell the steroid assisted lifts from the natural lifts so the point is moot unless you prefer to live in denial of PEDs prevalence

>Reminder if you compete in a drug tested fed but are abusing PED’s you are a fraud

"Drug free" fan bois are the same as "nice guys".

Their philosophies are rooted in logic, but they both die as weak virgins.

This is so depressing

>that roidside cuck stance

jesus christ

your wife literally abuses PEDs

Thats the meme you dip

The point is that athletic competiton is a test of who the best athlete is

Adding steroids into an enviornment where not everyone is using them and to the same level skews those results

Either everyone should use them or noone should or the competition is not actually measuring what it is supposed to

And since whoever the best athlete is wil shine through regardless its stupid to use steroids

I dont care about seeing X amount of weight being moved or javelin thrown X meters or sprinting at X speed, those are arbitrary standards of spectacle and not the point of competetive sport

>role playing on the internet like you actually lift

you aren't fooling anyone you soft, mushy little shit. fuck off.

Wtf I love steroids now

Projection

post lifts with proof you weak faggot

Projection

I've been cucked guys. The record in my country for raw bench (18-19yrs

>i can not refute your claim and i am too much of a coward to even make the attempt, sir

i accept your embarrassing admission of defeat. yet another failure on your end. it's over. no more responses from your superior. no more (you)s. you lose you weak little shit. accept it. move on. cope.

Right now steroids are essentially part of the "training choices" athletes make.
For example lifter a tries a new keto-style diet. Over the next 3 months he loses 5% of his strength.
Lifter B continues with a high carb diet and continue to build his strength to a gain of 5% over the 3 month timeline.

Now just switch the "diets" with "steroid protocols"
The advantages gained are through knowing how to beat the system and understanding how the compounds work.
Yes, it is possible for steroids to have a negative overall affect on an athlete. They may accrue an injury they wouldnt have otherwise for example.
At the end of the day those who rise to the top will be those who utilize as potential sources of improvement and are successful at such utilization.
AKA those who use steroids.
Sure itd be great if no one used steroids and everyone competed natty because the end results would still be the same (in a vacuum) but a simple look at game theory can tell us why such a perfect world will never exist.

Daily reminder to learn how to use supportive equipment, find a good training partner, compete at least twice a year and take a responsible amount of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids.

That big paragraph was nice but you are still sidestepping the central idea that PED’s skew the very intended purpose of competition in sports and only add to the spectacle part of sport only stupid proles care about like DUUUUUDE STEFI COHEN DEADLIFTED 525, literally who cares its just another weight, unless you believe the point of sport is testing the limits of human ability in which case why even have competitions cause person to person comparison doesnt matter anyways

I agree. You want use peds good compete in the USPA like the rest of us.

> DUUUUUDE STEFI COHEN DEADLIFTED 525, literally who cares

545 at the cage, you weak, naive cuck.

its not sidestepping the central idea you are promoting. You seems to not understand the nature of competition.
Its not about my personal belief that all competitors use steroids. Instead, its my belief, supported through evidence and logic, that all top competitors are currently using PEDs.

oops, you're on the wrong board. this is the fitness board, not the pompous little vidyafaggot with shit taste board.

there ya go, that's where you wanna be. fuck off.

the point of strength sports is to push the limit of human ability. that is 100% undeniable fact. the competition comes from who can push it the furthest. if you disagree youre gay sorry

>I

Seem to be the one who doesn’t understand the nature of competition

No

That would be you dearest friend

Competitions measure who is better at a activity

If athlete A is better at whatever the competition is but is natural but athlete B is on PEDs and defeats him, the competition was pointless as the results were skewed as one party cheated to get ahead

Its like seeing who is the best at chess but then giving myself extra pieces to play with or seeing who is better at boxing and wearing brass knuckles

Its literally subverting the competitions rules and intentions for the intent of nothing other than mislabeling yourself the best at an activity

No one is saying don't use PEDs. We just need to get rid of faggoty ass feds that test.

no because chess is a game of skill/intelligence between two people. strength sports arent. and its person As fault for not taking too