/rg/

Running general

Blisters addition

I ran 18 miles last week. What about you? Remember girls dont date men that dont do cardio.

been getting slowly better at running.

because i suck, i've resorted to running about half a mile at once, doing lighter cardio in between(bike machine, etc.) and then running another half mile. Is this retarded? if so, How Retarded is it?

Thank you for the advice my good friends

Been trying to get back up to my paltry 13-15 miles per week. How many years have you been running for?

Yea, don't do that man. Just focus on your running, and take a break when you need to (slow your pace, even down to a walk if necessary). Focus only on the run, switching is not helping your endurance.

I run 6 miles a day every morning from 8:30 -10
At this point it's less about running or fitness and more about just giving me something to do/have fun with.

i appreciate the advice my man

also nice dubs

Got 33 for 3 weeks in a row. Long runs are up to 14 miles with a little over 2 months until the marathon I'm running. Hopefully the weather will get better and it'll be easier to get up to 40-50 miles.

Also picked up a pair of Glycerin 15's after my Clifton 4's ripped out after less than 250 miles.

I haven’t run consistently in quite some time, is running 20mins a day unreasonable?

Holy shit dude....are you a skellington?

I'm slowly building myself up to 5km in one run by running twice a week and adding 100m each time. Progress is slow but steady. I'm at 2.6km at the moment.

No. 6'0" around like 175. I only lift 3 times a week and do mostly compounds like deadlifts, squats, lunges, rows, bench, ohp, etc. I eat a shitload.

Once I finish marathon training I think I'm going to focus on just adding muscle without running a shitload.

>being a pedestrian pleb
Swimming master race

Im slowly building up my stamina to finally run 10k without stopping.

I usually run on a treadmill on a 3.5 incline. Is that good?

>move to europe for study
>temperatures finally above 0°c
>go for a run outdoors
>everyone looking at me like i'm a retard

on a positive note, my pace improved a lot coming from 30°c days though, didn't get exhausted at all and only lost 500g of sweat rather than the usual 2kg

While training for my first marathon last September, I was running 30-40 miles a week. Between school and work I had no time to run. Ended up gaining 20lbs.

Getting back into running, preparing for another marathon. 15 miles a week and have my pace down to 9-10min miles.

I loved running but had a lot of tendinitis issues I had to deal with, it seems that weightlifting and lowering my mileage is helping. Used to run like 25-35km per week but had all kinds of injuries due to being overweight and having form issues.

I'm currently trying to get down to ~10%bf and will start training for 5 and 10ks.

What books would you recommend besides "Running formula" and "racing weight"? Also what are your stretching habits?

>Next week is Day Light Savings
Time to get new shoes brehs

Is an increased frequency of blisters a sign that my shoes are wearing out? They've only got about 450 km on them.

I miss running. I GOMAD'd my dumb ass up to 280 and now my ankles can't handle the impact anymore.

>I GOMAD'd my dumb ass up to 280
Holy shit nigger, what the fuck are you doing

It's not quite as bad as it sounds because I'm 6'4" but it still sucks. Going to try finding a bike that can hold me soon and start riding it to work. Hopefully I can cut down to around 230.

just run, i started out at 315 and 6'6 barely able to run a mile in 10 minutes. Now I'm 215 and just ran a 5k in 23:30.

It only took less than 8 months

Convince me to go out right now.

look in the mirror mate, or look at how much of your stomach you can grab. That, or think of her and the fact that she's with someone else

desu my stomach really isn't that big and the guy she's with is fatter than me. But because you tried I'll do 2 miles for you real quick if it's not raining.