Oatmeal and other Foods

So a Veeky Forums friend of mine has started giving me workout tips and shit as I'm just starting. Something that the constantly drones on about is the power of oats.

Like he won't shut up about it and it's like his staple.
>eats it for breakfest
>makes energy balls using it
>consumes said energy balls before workouts

What the fuck is the actual benefit of oats. How the fuck do they replace any actual protien and what not?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12479649
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Would power bars be just as good for workout shit
Or some actual food even?
Not just oats?

Anyone?

The only carb you should trust in large quantities, (besides vegetables, bananas, some nuts) are potatoes.

>ate oatmeal twice a day for years in college
>try to go back to oatmeal for hearty breakfasts and calorie gain cause im skelly
>gives me horrible gas and disgusting shits
>cant eat oats anymore

sigh

Why's that?
And why not oats?

I've heard that you have to slowly reintroduce it back into your diet and eventually that all goes away, no?

Not the guy you’re replying to but I eventually became able to eat 100g oats and buttloads of lentils and beans everyday and I have no issues whatsover. It’s the opposite now, I can’t have a slice of cake or other high-sugar stuff without fucking my guts up.

Oats are recommended because they have lots of fiber, complex carbs and an ok amount of protein (~10g per 100g). You can find Veeky Forums oatmeal recipes all over the place, some people can’t stand the bland taste so they add other stuff to add flavour.

I've read oats are very bad for your teeth.
I've always avoided them because of that and because its a simple carb. How well founded are my fears?

How else are you supposed to make oatmeal besides with milk? I don't want to use milk anymore because of all the estrogen in it, but it feels oatmeal tastes incomplete without it.

Huh? I’ve never heard about oats destroying your terth. And no, oats have complex carbs, which is why it’s so sharply contrasted to commercial cereal foods (e.g. Nestlè products).

I personally use coconut milk and chocolate-flavoured whey protein. It’s amazing and I always look forward to it when I wake up. Another trick when coconut milk is not available is to mix they whey with cold water and add it in to the oats. It’s simple, cheap and it works.

They taste good and you don’t have to eat a lot to feel full.

Same damn thing happened to me. You have to slowly introduce them back into your diet like OP said.

I'm definitely going to try the whey x oatmeal combo tomorrow.
Do you add anything on it?

I like the taste of oatmeal but my god does it give me the worst gas.

Oatmeal is THE food.

Supposedly lowers T + gluten

It lowers t if you add milk on it like what people normally do

Fuck this is what I do
I put milk, walnuts, blue berries and banana in mine
How does milk with it lower T?

oatmeal god food soyboys gtfo

On a morning with oats for me:
>200g oats
>2 cups whole milk
>2 tablespoons brown sugar
>whatever berry I have in the fridge

i dont even use a lot of oats. i was trying to use a cup of them, problem, reduced to half a cup, same problem. tried for months and i couldnt take it anymore

it doesn't, most people who drone on about lowered T are just people trying to find an excuse for their lack of work ethic.

Some people, of course, do have lowered T for medical reasons.

I have 3 bowls of oats every day, best thing to have. Morning I put in 1 tablespoon of natural peanut butter, half a banana, 2 strawberries, and 1 tablespoon of cottage cheese, and a half cup of almond milk. Lunch I have it plain with water. Dinner is the same as breakfast. It’s seriously that good.

Why the tablespoons of sugar?

I do this
>heaping 1/2 cup rolled oats
>2 heaping tbsps ground whole flax
>2 packed tbsps vanilla flavoured whey
>1 heaping tbsp raisins
>dash of salt
>sprinkle cinnamon
>add boiling water and cover until tender ~15 minutes
Sometimes I'll add hemp seeds, or sliced almonds, but I find this makes it quite palatable. Lots of fibre, ok protein, good O3 fats, decent sweetness and flavour.

Oh yeah, don't forget to stir it up thoroughly as the flax gets lumpy and gelatinous otherwise (those soluble fibres).

oats aren’t gluten

Always wanted to try raisins in my oats. Aren't they too high in sugar though? From what I hear, they are not recommended due to that.

That's why I use only a tablespoon, it's only about 7 grams or so of sugar and frankly the fibre from the oats and flax cancels it out so I'm not at all bothered by it.

>he doesn't put peanut butter and bananas in his oats

embarrassing

Fun fact : flaxseeds have even more phytoestrogen in them than soy.

>Implying I don't use them just to calm my rampant test levels

Oat bump!

anything "seed" contains a lot of energy. wheat, oat, rice, etc. anything with high carb levels are to be consumed before workout.

Oatmeal is great because its cheap as fuck.

Retard. Basmati rice is infinitely better, potatoes are actually linked to IBS and have other shitty properties.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12479649

>destroying intestinal permeability

The last thing you want to do is exactly that, "eating them in large quantity".

>linked to IBS

What exactly is that anyways and Ho does it relate to potatoes? Is it a condition that develops overtime? Or is it like a disease that suddenly appears?

I've heard that it's linked to gut bacteria, in which case does new bacteria develop overtime with certain foods etc?

cheap and godtier macros

I fell in love with oats+whey so hard that i was getting way too much calories in. had to cut them out from my diet sadly.

How do you make them?