These are the results of a 11-months mediocre 5x/week bro-split

>these are the results of a 11-months mediocre 5x/week bro-split

Just look at all the delusional SS "we train for strength bro! it's different!" in the comments. Don't be like that, Veeky Forums. "Leave your ego at the door" should include the hurt pride you have when you see a gym casual doing basic shit and getting better results. When it happens once, it's okay to dismiss it as genetics or whatever. When it happens all the time, you need to rethink things.

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/1t7zmz/after_11_months_i_am_so_happy_i_can_post_this/

The obsession with compounds is a meme, lifting for strength is a meme, dude overtraining lmao is a meme.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xlMRwJUzW60
youtu.be/yefNuMQbEtY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>day gyno

Not saying there's anything wrong with a 5 day split, but this one dude showing exceptionally good progress isn't worth much. I'd wager this kind of split is probably the most common way of training, and yet most people still look like shit.

It's like when you see that one dude who's ripped and doesn't eat meat, and jump to the conclusion that WOAH GOTTA GO VEGAN. Again, not saying there's anything wrong with veganism, but there's something wrong with your thought process.

You see one fucking guy and go
>everything they told us was a lie

Come on, man

>24 year old, 5'10" (177cm), from 214 > 174lbs (97 > 79kg)
>Bench: 176 lbs (80kg)
>Squat: 220 lbs (100kg)
>Deadlift: 253 lbs (115kg)
>EDIT: Sorry, these are not 1RM.. these are working sets (4x8)

What the fuck, I'm the same height and am at his start weight but am 185bp, 250sq, and 300dl and look like shit comparatively. Maybe I should be doing a volume program like him.

it's like Lee Priest said, if you have the genes for it you'll make it regardless.

>strength isn't going to help you much in a fight if you don't train to fight.

>UOMO
NO U

>dat creep eyes

Zoloft eyes. Staying on antidepressants for extended amounts of time can fuck up your soul and intelligence. I have a friend who has those dead dummy eyes just like the OP and school shooters

Switched to a ppl split for this reason
Don't regret a second of SS though, got me better lifts than him in 1/3 of the time

This looks shopped... I still laughed.

Haha

lmao he literally shrunk a full head in 11 months
>manlets

It's not just weight for hypertrophy.

You're only getting one third of the gains if you don't focus on eccentric and isometric.

Isometric for biceps all day bb, pretty sure I'm gonna come out of this cut looking like this guy but less fraud on the arms.

Especially middle picture.

I don't really see what's surprising here, first off it says he's used three different programs, secondly he's doing plenty of great compound exercises and I'm assuming progresses in weight.

Why is anyone surprised he's made progress? If you look at what exercises he's doing he is not doing the usual doucebag split, it's a good program, not a whole bunch of superfluous cable shit. Get to the gym and work hard and you'll see results.

If you want to look like him then yes, you should do a bro split. Strength does not equal aesthetics I'm afraid.

I did a bro split for years, at home, and only started lifting for strength in the last year and a half or so. As a result my lifts aren't amazing, but they're respectable I guess. Legs are the weakest body part because, of course, I used to skip leg day. But, I at least look like l lift while being stronger than average.

>6ft 95kg (209lbs)
>Bench 170kg (375lbs)
>Squat 170kg (375lbs)
>Deadlift 230kg (507lbs)
>OHP 90kg (198lbs)
>inb4 bench is the same as squat

Lol the SStards have been BTFO time and again but they still cling to their dogmatic BS.

>mfw hit 11months yesterday
>mfw look just about the same as before but slightly fatter, bloated, and some more muscle mass
kill me guys ;__;

mirin' biceps insertions

Following a program is good, but I like to mix it up.

Doing heavy 5x5 sets intermittently when your usually running 12x4 or 3x10 is god tier.

500 pound deadlift is nothing to scoff atl. Even if fraud, extremely impressive and respectable.

I too, chose to not lift for strength and I am really happy. No injuries in 4 years and still enjoying it.

Protip: if you can't pick up the lighter weights and lift with good form without killing your own ego, I don't recommend it.

>if you can't pick up the lighter weights and lift with good form without killing your own ego, I don't recommend it.
DELET THIS FUCK YOU

reeee why does he look that good with that low bench i hate reddit

It's for high reps, you mong

How many reps

high

what program do i need to follow to look like this?

>EDIT

use your eyes

B B B B BUT Veeky Forums TOLD ME I NEEDED A FOUNDATION OF STRENGTH TO BE AESTHETIC

10/10

High reps

not working on smile gains
never gonn make it

4x8 is not "high reps"

you do. Do SS for six months and then switch to a bro split. SS can be done longer but only has to be if you want to be a strongman/powerlifter/athlete.

compared to "going overs 5 reps is over training" Veeky Forums it is

I don't look anything like that and i have
>Bench 225 2x10 PR is 305
>Squat 295 2x10 PR is 405
>Don't do much deadlift because I am a beta fag, but last time I did it, 425 was my PR
>OHP my PR is 185
I am 20 atm
My body weight is at 205 currently, I need tips on solid nutrition though, I train very hard, but I lack time dedication into my diet and not preparing stuff correctly, can someone help me with some articles or tips?

>natty
>bro split
slow gains ahead

How tall are you senpai

6"1 I want to bulk up more, say about 225 at the most, but it has been a dream to me to compete. I want to start local, then move into bigger city competitions, I want to compete at about 195 or even 185.

samefag here, I'm on /fit because it really seems some guys know a lot about nutrition and I wanted to build my own plan or have some help getting some research done for it, so I can stop stalling at 205 and do something about my fitness career and go into bodybuilding.

bodybuilding.com

bodybuilders are the go to for nutrition because their sport lives and dies by it. You can gain as much mass as you can but if you don't have the discipline and knowledge to get lean and dry, you will never win.

Just think of it this way: You want lean protein, carbs and veggies with minimal fat at every meal. learn your TDEE and count your calories and eat at a deficit. This has worked well for decades. Keto, fasting etc. are fads in an ocean of tried and true results.

Thanks user, a local bodybuilder told me to check it out and i wanted to see what you guys had to say, thank you.

I dont want to give you any false information since I'm not very knowledgeable. Consider a meal prep plan and focus on macros is the only advice I am comfortable giving. You'll make it friendo

isn't fat needed for optimal hormone profile?

>U OMO
heh

I need to leave this place and never return

And he did that on a cut. Jesus christ maybe I should switch to a 5 day split. I've been lifting for 3 months on a MWF compounds schedule with cardio and I look like shit.

>lean guy looks good

Wow shocker

I don't get it

>EDIT

Why should i waste my time with the t-rex maker routine when OP has proved that I can just jump straight to brosplit?

>no deadlifts
>no squats
HOW CAN IT BE?? How will Veeky Forums ever recover from this? Squatters BTFO.

Thanks my friend.

Is this what they call "cutting"?

>Story: I had been lifting on and off for a couple years, but with no plans or goals(fuckarounditis) and never eating healthy
Is this why he could do it in 11 months? I have been doing Glp for 4 months (fucking around for 6 months) ans still look DYEL

It's obviously why. The guy had some muscles from the beginning. He was just fat.

either roids or turbomanlet shoo

Ok good to know. And I'm seriously lost should I keep doing Glp? (Bench: Bodyweight, Squat 1.5 bw, Deadlift 2x bw, progress has stalled) Should I start doing Hypertrophy related routines?

If progressive overload is present then you gain muscle end of story

Then why literally every real life example shows that Split gives better aesthetics than FBW? Stop memeing

Are you going to provide literally every example?

Progressive Overload is still present in brosplits, though. Do you actually think you can pick up a pair of 2.5lb dumbbells and make progress with them indefinitely?

Am I supposed to upload all of the good CBT pictures from the last years in this thread? Everyone who looks good does split. There is not a single aesthetic person that built their looks on FBW.

That dude had built a base for years, you can see he's got muscle under the fat

Bro splits are better for muscle growth than SS, I thought everyone knew this?

>b-but muh 24-48h muscle protein synthesis post workout window
Literally irrelevant because muscle protein synthesis goes up much higher post FEEDING than it does post training, and post feeding doesn't increase muscle protein breakdown, unlike training.

You can do a "bro split" and focus on big movements first and do all the volume work you need afterwards on each day and get mad gains, it's in fact what the vast majority of actual natural bodybuilders do.

thanks user

Progressive overload is sometimes better on a brosplit lmao. Literally benching/squating/rowing once a week and there is a whole week when your each muscle group rests. Bro splits might not be optimal for hyperthropy, but I do use them sometime to deload from high frequency training and god damn the strength gains are real each time you hit a muscle competely rested. Also vid related
youtube.com/watch?v=xlMRwJUzW60

All right I'll take the bait
>"lifting for years", so he already built his muscle base and strength
>went on a year cut with perfect diet
>didn't gain strength (Already had it), just did cardio and volume work
>lost 40lbs
>over the course of 11 months
>that's about 3.6 lbs per month
>so he lost about .9 lbs per week
>Overall, guy went on a solid slow cut with perfect discipline and got lean
You're all retards, what is this supposed to prove? Guy completed a cut, good for him. He could have done his workouts with splits or full body, it wouldn't have mattered.

you look like shit because the guy in the picture weighs 30 less pounds than you. if you wanna look good you have to fucking cut. forever bulk shit is a meme for ugly fat slobs on Veeky Forums

OwO is a furry thing when you notice someone has a bulge.

Powermemers don't cut, that's why they look like shit.

Also, people with bad genetics tend to choose strength training over aesthetics.

This is a pretty insane 11 month transformation. Maybe he’s just gifted genetically

Please tell me the 3 months of Phraks Greyskull wasn’t a waste guys

nice underwear

n-no uomo

in the reddit thread he mentions that he had been lifting on and off before, so he probably had a decent base to come back to

it really isn't if the other guy knows what he's doing

deadlifting 500lbs is not going to save you against someone who knows how to wrestle or box, you'll get fucked up

He said in his post that he was lifting on and off before, so he had some kind of base to go back to.

Bandwagon effect

>This is a pretty insane 11 month transformation. Maybe he’s just gifted genetically

Nah bro, it's just hard work. I"ll post a better progress pic in 10 months.

Doesn't matter if you get your hormones from a needle

wtf are eccentric and isometrics

>Bench: 176 lbs (80kg) 4x8

>Squat: 220 lbs (100kg) 4x8

>Deadlift: 253 lbs (115kg) 4x8

Those numbers are abysmal im sorry.

I understand that he isnt trainign for strength but do people not realise that you can train for both strength and size? Just incorporate some bro-splitish accessories in to your compounds and maybe add a little volume after your heavy sets. It really isnt that hard to work out.

It's almost as if how you work out doesn't really affect how you look as long as you actually do it.

wtf I love reddit now

That isn't Natty If it's 11 months.

Dude look at his pictures. I think the second one is most telling. He isnt big. His arms are an okay size but nothing special. Hes just lean as a bean. Under normal lighting he would just look like your average bro-splitting gym rat. You probably look like shit because you're 17% bf while hes closer to 10-11%. That 6% difference in bf really is the difference between looking good and looking DYEL with a shirt off. It takes away any of the shape your muscles actually have because they're covered in a strip of fat that just fills in the definition.

They 1 or 5 RM?

you should also train like a bodybuilder. look up how tom platz trained legs and compare this to your run of the mill fat power lifter with 5 min breaks without sets. arnold was also pretty strong and every bodybuilder did compound exercises anyways. but they work their muscles until they have to crawl out the gym, not this silly 5x5 and call it a day bullshit

good posts.

pic very related. this thread is so Veeky Forums, its appalling. no wonder you all look like shit

>Train lke bodybuilders who were injecting themselves with insane amounts of muscle building hormones

yes, great idea user. Im sure if i train just like arnold i'll eventually become him!

its never a waste to have worked out. your program doesnt determine your body type/physique, how hard is that to comprehend.
be consistent, eat right, lift HARD (not powerlifting "workouts"), rest well. youre in it for a long time, not only 1-2 years.

Yes. I'm pretty sure in SS it explicitly says to move off it once you reach those ratio's actually.

look at /fraud/, they look like what arnold left in the toilet every morning before he went to the gym. and so many people are roiding, yet almost everyone pales in comparison to arnold.

im talking about intensity of training. with that sissy 5x5 bullshit you arent going anywhere, as is seen here every day

concentric is shortening the muscle (lifting a weight), eccentric is lengthening the muscle (slowly lowering a weight), isometric is contracting the muscle without lengthening or shortening (e.g. trying to lift a weight that is chained to the ground, it will not move no matter how hard you contract, applying force to an immovable object)

Why is everyone impressed by this?

>manlet uses muscle memory, a pump and good lighting to trick people into thinking he went from fat to buff in 11 months

>DO SS for six months

Looked him up, found this gem
youtu.be/yefNuMQbEtY