OHP Stalling at 55 Pounds, HELP!

My OHP has been stalled for nearly 3 weeks. What accessories should I add to strengthen shoulders? Lateral raises?

>55 pounds
how. are you a woman?

GOMAD

calories in calories out

>eat more
>just put more weight
That's that. Most stalling at your stage is between your ears

I started at 30 pounds two and a half months ago. I’m a DYEL but I’m fighting it

This guy holds it too wide, isn't he?

this should be literally impossible unless you're a 12 years old kid
i've been able to pick this much over my head when i was like 12
just pick the dam thing up man wtf

yeah, typical stance is just a bit wider than your shoulders

You shouldn't be adding any fucking accessories you stupid little cunt, what gives you the idea that you, a weak little novice, has any right to suggest adding accessory lifts?!

I PROMISE YOU if you track your calories thru the day you'll realize you're eating way too little.

eat more

sleep more

add 5lbs each session

But I’ve been lifting for nearly 3 months

If your diet is shit, then don't expect anything but slow as shit progress.

>But I’ve been lifting for nearly 3 months

What do you think that excuses?

If you only ohp 50 your not dyel

I'm actually in awe. How is it that you can't lift a small child over your head? How does a person get that weak?

I just hit 185 and cannot finding myself going up on this exercise, I curious as well.

Don't add anything. Double check the diet and do the deload week, then try again. There is also a chance you have added/modified some other exercises that you do prior to OHP that hit hard the triceps (most likely) or deltoid.

Is it 55 pounds not counting the 45 pound bar? Are you using dumbbells instead of a bar? I couldn't imagine having trouble with 55 pounds total.

Already doing high volume at 70% your 1RM?

What program are you doing?
Unless it's a strict strength program you're fine to throw in some other stuff. Lat raises are great for pumps but you don't gain much strength from them. I always liked incline bench to fry my shoulders after OHP but if you're a beginner that may not be very effective since your chest isn't developed. If there's a shoulder machine it may be of use.
Make sure your form is right- OHP is one where you'll feel totally powerless unless your chest is full of air pressure, scapulae are retracted, and glutes are clenched.
Even then OHP is a bitch to make gains on.

I get it, guys, I’m a genetic freak

Lat raises, shoulder dumbbell presses. Also, make sure your form is good. Squeeze your glutes and your core when you press it.

And you've eaten, slept and progressed like shit for 3 months.

Seriously, I wish you well, so heres what you need to do:
Track your fucking calories, you are NOT eating enough, I have to force food into me to reach 3200 cals (your needs may differ)

Sleep more/better: you build muscle when you sleep, you have to prioritize, play Dota or build muscle?

Progress smart (AKA progressive overload): Learn how to add weight to excercises gradually. Add 2,5kg EACH time you work out, if you eat and sleep enough this is doable. BUT since you're already stalling, DELOAD first, drop down to idk... 40lbs, and work your way up from there, sucks doesnt it? But you'll be back in no time and from there on you'll only be getting stronger.

hijacking this - should i be expecting any gains/wasting my noob gains by cutting while i start lifting for the first time? been eating at a caloric deficit for basically the past month

>should i be expecting any gains/wasting my noob gains by cutting while i start lifting for the first time

yes that is exactly what happens, as a noob the mere addition of lifting should have you shedding pounds, no reason to start cutting right away.

How often you pressing?

Most common upper body stalls are because of poor recovery or not enough volume. If you aren't stalling on other lifts then its not likely to be poor recovery; which means it is low volume.

Do more volume. Aim for 20 sets a week of overhead pressing. Add push presses to your routine with higher weight to get used to locking out heavier weight above your head.

so how much should I be eating relative to my TDEE then if I'm trying to stop being a skinnyfat fuck

this

>wasting my noob gains
There is no such thing as wasting noob gains. Noob gains don't run out a certain amount of time after you start lifting, they run out after you make a certain amount of progress (the amount is highly dependent on your genetics).
You will still make noob gains just the same, you'll just be able to milk them less because of the caloric deficit.

Stop talking about things you don't understand.

Are you a fatass? Cut.
Otherwise bulk.
This is always true, no exceptions.

>noob
>TDEE

that isn't even close to relevant for you yet, but if you think you're skinnyfat you probably need to eat ~500 more. of course you might actually just be fat where maintenance would be fine or a skelly where you need significantly more.

YOUR GRIP IS WIDER THAN YOUR SHOULDERS, GUARANTEE IT

what does it mean if my ohp and bench are progressing nicely (ohp being my fastest progressing lift) while squats and deads both stalled hard at bodyweight (80kg for 5 reps each) ??
I still find these 2 uncomfortable and don't feel safe while performing them and it's really discouraging.

>I still find these 2 uncomfortable and don't feel safe while performing them and it's really discouraging.

It means your mind is weak

I don't feel comfortable in my lower back. I don't want to wreck my shit at 20.
No matter what I did they feel bad.

find a new hobby

sorry man you're probably good at some other shit that isn't lifting

55 pounds is quite low, so everything surrounding your lifting is probably suboptimal at best.
read the sticky again, make sure to eat right (and enough, i guarantee you're not actually EATING), get enough sleep and consider getting your test levels checked.

just as a frame of reference: i'm in my early 30's (meaning i should have considerably lower test than you) and with a shitty fast food diet and lots of stress/sleep deficit i started out at roughly 60lbs - and the only reason i couldn't go much higher at first was the lack of a rack (having to clean&press the bar off the ground before OHP).
get a healthy lifestyle, raising your testosterone significantly along the line, and START.FUCKING.EATING.
150g of protein per day, no excuses. if you still don't see progress, go see a fucking doctor, because that would mean you have the testosterone level of a 7-year-old girl.

You might be the opposite of me, I ohpressed 90 pounds after training 2-3 months but could only bench 110 pounds.

>the only reason i couldn't go much higher at first was the lack of a rack (having to clean&press the bar off the ground before OHP)
If you're not at 1RM or near-1RM loads, cleaning the bar first is actually beneficial, since it forces you to be tight. Granted, this assumes good cleaning form, but unless you're ridiculously imbalanced you should be able to easily clean a press work set weight.

>No matter what I did they feel bad.
Fix your form, I can guarantee you it's shit.

I’m already looking pretty flabby though, I wanted to bulk reasonably (+500 TDEE) so that I can start a cut in May to have at least a 6/10 body for summer

Were you able to lift/press the bar when you started lifting? If so, I think something is probably wrong. I started out barely being able to do 3x5 with the bar on OHP. 2 months in and I'm at 75lb, which systemic strength tells me is quite low compared to the rest of my lifts.

Make sure your form is good. I wasn't really progressing on OHP at all, but I worked on my form and was able to lift more weight and improve. So watch some videos if you haven't already.

How are you doing with your other lifts?

You are not a genetic freak, you are either:
A. Lazy
B. Expecting too much too soon
C. Lieing
D. All of the above

he is a genetic freak, just at the opposite end of the bell curve from the genetic freaks we usually talk about

seriously

even if his diet is shit, his sleep is shit, everything form-wise is shit, a 55lb OHP stall for 3 weeks is just absolutely bottom of the barrel genetics at work

he needs to stop wasting his time lifting and find a new hobby

Nope, I started with 30 pounds total in dumbbells (15 pounds in each hand)

I also could not bench the bar

Give it to me straight doc. Will I ever reach 1/2/3/4?

OP pls post body pic I need a good laugh today

Hi OP, I started a couple months ago and stalled on OHP at 55 lbs for 3 weeks. For the past week I drank 2 litres of milk per day. Tried OHP today again and crushed it at 57.5 plus extra reps. Eat more.

t. 5'11 150lbs dyel

Bro im guaranteeing your form is off. Stick with just the barbel which will be 45lbs, and really focus on your form. Everything shud be going in a straight line. Bend yourself back a little to make room for your bar path. Stick with the just the barbell, ignore the hate. I believe in you, youl make it

Holy shit OP, here. I also look like that. We're gonna make it bro.

Thanks homie, I appreciate it

bench, concentration curls, skull crushers. you probably have weak triceps, so be sure to focus on both the eccentric AND decentric portions of the concentration curls to give your tris a workout

Wait, are we talking 55lbs INCLUDING bar? I refuse to believe anyone can be that weak and not be in a hospital.

well make it bros. I made the jump from 65lb to 85lbs ohp in a week and half by just starting to eat more. Keep up the good work bros.

ITT fat people who can OHP lots first try because they are fat

I've been lifting 5 weeks and I added OHP today and i could throw up 80 on a 5x5

mirin that BBC bulge

Squeeze your glutes and hamstrings

Sounds like some hormonal fuckery at play, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's genetic

Underrated

Holy fuck you fag you've been posting this same thread for 3 months. Just fucking listen and start eating. No you are not flabby you are just skinny fat.

I’ve been eating 2700 the past month and I’ve already gained 15 pounds since starting lifting

Also sorry for all the threads, I always get worried when I stop making progress because I don’t really have a mentor to guide me or anything

tfw my ohp went from 185 to 225 when i realized this

Not OP but I have a similar problem.
I OHP 65 lbs and could do more but I can't complete the 5 reps, so I have to stick with lifting 65 for a couple more weeks till I can do 85 for 5 reps.
Anything I can do?

Add less weight

>shoulders narrowly missed snapcity because shit bench form
>stopped lifting for a year because of other things
>began lifting again January 19
>myliftswhen

Best post ITT

once again

>new person comes on Veeky Forums asking for help
>all the board does is insult him

and then Veeky Forums proceeds to say bullshit like

>at the gym literally no one is paying attention to you stop being self-conscious about being weak

>and then Veeky Forums proceeds to say bullshit like
Most of Veeky Forums now dont even lift

Don't worry man, we're all gonna make it.

Is the dude in that pic like 5' 2"? He just look so short. Can someone do a comparison of his height to how long the bar is approximately?

nah look at this forearms, they are straight, that is what you have to keep an eye on

poo in loo

don’t ever do GOMAD

It's because we are faggots

I'm guessing you probably have a shit routine. The big issue I've seen when real scrawny people start working out is it's hard to do much when they have such a small range of weight. Up your sets, really push your number of reps (probably start incorporating drop/pyramid sets), and lastly don't mess with your 1 rep max on OHP. Your CNS probably isn't calibrated well enough to keep your form totally stable, so you could develop some bad habits or even just wind up stalling your progress since you'll learn to not do it right. It's honestly alright to do an empty bar to failure for sets. If I were you I'd go-
4-5 sets empty bar to failure (Maybe first set split into a third bottom half, third top half, and third full ROM if it feels like cardio during your first set) (Or a slow ass 30 seconds up, 30 seconds down (or the best you can)
4 sets dumbbell drop set (to failure, again)

You honestly don't look like someone who's been in the gym for even 3 months. Make sure you're at least getting your body weight in protein. Just remember, don't do weight your not shaky on, and up the intensity through sheer volume as opposed to weight. You're probably just outright not working hard enough in the end. You'll make it, just gotta pick up the slack.

>t. asian.

use microplates,
do your dipps

picture.jpeg>rightclick>edit(with paint)>do nothing just click SAVE>your picture is now properly oriented for this shitty imageboard.

THE BAR IS 45 ALONE FAGGOT

Are you sure your form is good? Stalling at 55lbs for 3 weeks straight is pretty unheard of and the only explanation I can guess is that you're either really skinny and don't have the midsection strength capability to yet move heavier weights standing up or you are either using a really wide or narrow grip that limits your ROM and creates the illusion that you could not possibly lift more when it's just your shoulders coming to a stop.

My advice to you would be that you watch some guides on OHP from people like Athlean X on youtube and take notes on all the mistakes you might do while performing the exercise. If you also incorporate your OHP at the end or even in the middle of your training program you might just be way too fatigued from previous exercises especially if those involve triceps, upper chest and upper back.

Assuming those are 450 mm discs, that puts him at 169 cm - roughly 5.5 foot.

Looks like you need more mid body strength to support yourself. Make sure to do your deadlifts and a whole body exercise like snatch or clean and jerk if you want to build more strength.

Never change.

>he fell for the not counting the bar meme
Does the bar defy the law of gravity? You absolute fucking moronic retard.

Did you consider the possibility that he did in fact count the bar?