Why don’t you have a home gym yet?

There’s literally no excuse if you life in a house.
>blast whatever music I want
>lift without a shirt
>drop deadlift hard as I want
>computer next to stereo to talk to you faggots in between sets

Pic related got 225 lbs in weight oly bar and squat rack for $140... basically 2-4 months of gym payments.

What poverty tier gym do you go to where that's 2 months of gym?

any normal gym should be no more than $50 a month

I used to pay $75 for L.A fitness and that was for me and 2 guests.

Crossfit and powerlifting gyms are only ones $100+

I guess equinox too... but I dont need a full bar in my gym

You can never go too heavy cause there isn't anyone to save you in case you snap your shit.

I went the home gym route for a year for the reasons you cited. Ultimately i noticed i was getting lazy in my workouts and signed back up at the gym. Making better gains in a real gym.

Wtf I pay $10 a month

If you dont know how to drop a weight on the floor idk why you even bother trying to lift it.

Unless your talking about benching, which literally ANYBODY can spot me. shit my ex gf used to spot me in gym and she weighed less than 100 lbs.

Spotters are the #1 most overrated thing when it comes to lifting.

If you attempt to lift a weight that you're not confident you can actually lift, then you're pants-on-head retarded, spotter or no spotter. That's no way to train.

i think youfit and planet fitness arent considered gyms around here

Hmm i get you, I guess i hope it doesnt happen to me, I just got back into lifting. I got to a pretty good level in gym but i always dreamed about having a home gym.

I go to Crunch. It's not a bad gym but a lot of people go there because it's really cheap so I wish they would make a bit more room for the free weights.

>Spotters are the #1 most overrated thing when it comes to lifting.
This but I wouldn't say they're overrated but rather most of the random bros you asked for a spot are idiots who can't follow instructions. Not everyone is Westside or know when to or not to aid you.

Nice I've never heard of it. But for 10$ a month you cant go wrong if they let you do everything planet fitness doesnt let you do

>Tank tops
>Gallons of water
>Slamming weights

This i fucking despise when i ask for a spot, they lift the whole fucking weight, and then tell me nah bro i was barely helping you.

thats a pretty nice set up, Ive got one in my garage.
whats up with your yard though? why is there only a tiny section of grass?

What even are spotter bars

This is why you get a power rack

>dropping your deadlifts
>not setting it down for as smooth as possible with strict form
you thought you were hot shit slamming your 3pl8 in the gym you used to go to, but trust me, you were only embarrassing yourself

My home gym probably cost me 2000 dollars all said and done and was the best investment I've ever made.

Now I can watch Naruto while on the treadmill... AND RUN LIKE HIM

sadly i couldn't even think of myself as hot shit because i always had to drop them softly.

I dont literally drop them, but its nice not to worry about making too much noise

I'd prefer to have a spot for bench press then I can push yourself a little harder.
With spot: I might try a little bit higher weight or try and extra rep.
With no spotter I usually just take the safe route and stop if I'm not very certain I can make the rep.
I'd rather bench in the power cage but there is 1 power cage in the gym and it's kind of annoying to set up a bench there.

Its a square of cement with about 2ft of grass on 3 sides, for my dog to shit on.

I mean i understan but like i said literally anybody can spot me on bench, it requires next to 0 strength.

I would say all i miss is my pull ups

I wanted a power rack, that wuold have solved the squat and the pull up issue, but closest one was a state over. got this all from a dude 10 mins away.

Worst part about it, he told me he had sold 3 power racks month before.

user have you ever heard of the internet before? You can order pretty much anything you want and get it shipped to your house

Yeah that's fair enough dude. A couple of days ago I bought an oly bar, ~100kgs of weights (real good quality ones) and a kinda old power cage for $500NZD (=$360USD ish). Just need to buy a bench now

I didn't want to wait 1-2 weeks for my gym to get here, and i wasnt trying to pay more than 100-200 for just the rack. Those shits are expensive as fuck new.

I joined the master race 2 months ago $400 for everything including treadmill, im pretty much about to look like rambo

I have a bench but i def need a new one, its too short and the seat is always on an incline, its more for seated shoulder press. i can move the back part get my back parallel to floor, but my ass is always inclined a bit.

FUCKING SEXY, dumbbells and everything?