The biggest gains killer:social anxiety

The biggest gains killer:social anxiety

How the hell do you get over it? Tired of looking like a fool and having panic attacks generally ruining my life and gains

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ijdr4eJcdHQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump

stop giving a fuck you pussy

I’ll try that thanks!

Ok

Kek

Social anxiety is just a coward's vanity. You constantly think about yourself and worry if people are judging you and want everyone's attention.

If you are going to be a self obsessed faggot at least own it enough to not be a little bitch about it. Or you can accept you are not as special as your little ego is fighting to make you believe in every social interaction and start thinking about other people.

How do you do that though

youtu.be/ijdr4eJcdHQ

Stop giving the guy a meme to try and help him

go clean your room, bucko

Deluded

you are against jordan Peterson? wow you must be one smart cookie. Can you help us plebs with your years of clinical experience and explain his faults in his logical and free advice?

Better

Thanks cuck

Look nigga i have social anxiety and let me tell you i do not want attention at all. Ill be in the background but still be nervous minding my own business. I tell my brain to calm the fuck down that no one gives a fuck or that i shouldnt but it just wont cooperate. I hate this shit. Im trying to man the fuck up and put myself out of my comfort zone but its not really showing any promising results.

This. I used to be insecure as fuck and had really bad social anxiety. Now that I've grown up and started lifting I don't give a fuck.

Exactly, it’s not a rational thing, it’s messed up brain connections

Social skills are skills just like any other, to not be an autist with social anxiety you need to regularly practice socializing with people. If you go isolation mode for a while your skills will diminish as well.

What if practicing them physically hurts you though?

the biggest gains killer is sugary junk food

Not even close

It sucks at first but it's pretty much analogous to lifting, you need to get past the initial "holy fuck this is terrible" stage and see progress.

I was full blown turbo autist with maximum social anxiety as a teen from bullying and then I was forced to work as a counterman at my dad's repair shop.

Talking to people all day and shuttling them trying to come up with shit to kill the awkward silence made me really good at socializing, but it was a nightmare at the start.

Gotta stick with it. Exposure therapy nigger.

Have a existential crisis about how you don't matter. Worked for me. Just try not to kill yourself

The biggest guy is 218cm and named Ragnar. He's a very nice guy and a good mate

t. Icelander

What if it only results in negative reinforcement where people bully you in social interactions because they can see how anxious you initially are?

Dig deep nibba and focus on the feeling. What is anxiety? an uncomfortable feeling?

Next time just stop and close your eyes, you look like a mong and feel unsafe but it is better to die in control. just sit and focus 100% on the feeling in your chest. It is just a dropping feeling. Tell yourself you are strong. it will get better the more you try or worse if you give in.

Go out of your way to interact with strangers and consider trying a security job like a bouncer.

Dunno

The guy just repackages Jung's psychology so that retards like you can understand. Kinda weird that you put him on such a high pedestal.

Cope, you do matter you like bitch

Nobody actually gives a shit, this is a delusion brought on by your anxiety. It's like a fat person who thinks people are going to make fun of them in the gym even though most people there would gladly help them.

What are you trying to say there?

But it literally does happen and people do make comments disproportionately to me. They can tell im anxious compared to others around me

Exposure therapy. When I started going to the gym I was a nervous wreck, because I was uncomfortable with how unfamiliar it was. As I started going more often, I became more comfortable being there. Now I am as comfortable in the gym as I am at home.

You have to overcome your fear until there is no more fear to overcome. It gets easier every time. I admit, I still have anxiety issues sometimes, but I feel like I have learned that the more I accept my anxiety and go do something anyway, the less anxiety that I have in my life as a whole.

I think you are just salty that he has found massive success and changed thousands of lives by communicating these ideas.

This is weird since an environment like that usually only exists in family circles or high school. Like no random stranger would get up in your shit for stuttering or something but your family or teenagers definitely would make fun of you.

My experience with non-family adults was patience/acceptance for my full blown tism until I got good at socializing.

It’s not random strangers, more people that I sort of know, or hang out with. I can’t take ‘banter’, negative comments or criticism well at all and end up visually flustered and anxious

Dunno

Bump

Sounds mostly like a self-esteem issue, you need to be sure of yourself in order for negative comments from others to mean nothing.

Though it could also be the people you hang around are terrible people and are basically bullying you giving you a distorted sense of what a friend should be, I don't know for certain.

I have it because people make fun of me, or think that I'm retarded all the time. Its not just a delusion and it makes your existence pointless.

Yeah it’s definitely a self esteem issue, I’ve been picked on most of my life

Ok

Its not Ok at all, I always have the urge to punch someone.

Punch yourself and pray it cures your mental issues.

Punch someone then

Ok

I wish I could punch you through the monitor.

Kek

For someone who has suffered depression, social anxiety and panic attacks for years, my advice is to go traveling abroad. Best way for me to go out of my comfort zone. Start slow - I mean it.

At first I went for short trips in neighboring countries and slept in hotels. Later I started expanding by going further and further away, and for longer periods, sleeping in hostels.

As for activities, at first I went to bookstores, restaurants, museums. Just simple stuff. Later I started doing Meetups (hiking meetups are really good way to meet people in a relaxed atmosphere) and going to bars.

I have to say that the first few trips are going to be rough and you are going to have days when you feel like shit and just want to go home, but keep at it. Eventually you are going to get good at it, making friends and enjoying life. Trust me.

TL;DR Just go traveling

Unironically not this

this tbqh
meditation can also help OP

you're not making the point you think you are

Ok

>Social anxiety is just a coward's vanity. You constantly think about yourself and worry if people are judging you and want everyone's attention.
What you described is a thing but I dont think its social anxiety.

I always had social anxiety and still have it though at some point I became an adult and had to learn to interact with people, start conversation, be nice, friendly, or get in an argument etc. Basicly I can control it now so its not an issue but its still there.

What I realized is that I dislike contact with people I dont know because alot of people are cunts, they are rude, mean, often are scary/threatening etc and most of time all this for no good or valid reason.
Doing martial arts (and especially fighting in competition) helped immensely dealing with threatening/passive aggresive individuals, just getting good at things like work and studying increased competence, participating in normal social situations is almost not a problem anymore, I want to converse with people because I know my stuff, have experience but also interested in their opinion.

>The biggest gains killer:social anxiety
The biggest social anxiety killer: physical and intelectual gains

I don't think this is true, vast majority of people are overwhelmingly positive and the very worst thing they might do is ignore you. Also social anxiety is more complicated then 'I don't want to talk to people', a lot of people with social anxiety can be very social in the right situation which could be a job, with family, around total strangers etc. It is all about self perception, not about how you perceive others. If you don't want to talk to others because you are scared of them being mean you are just a pussy.

So you’re saying it never goes away?

fuck that was meant for

that doesn't invalidate the advice though. Exposure therapy will still help, stop trying to look for excuses not to better yourself

How do yall deal with girls? I'm fine as fuck so I can be awkward as hell, and they'll still swallow my nut. How do y'all manage?

Pics

Realise that you are narcissistic

Phenibut

>It is all about self perception, not about how you perceive others.
I dont understand how can you consider this to be social anxiety, what does this have to do with being in a social setting?

Never

Brilliant

Tried that a few times with high hopes. It worked, kind of, but nothing close to what I thought it would do. I tried 600mg, 750mg, and 1.2mg once per week over 3 weeks and after the last time I ended up getting really depressed and anxious for a couple of days following.

Do not recommend. Go read the subreddit, it's sad how many people are hooked on that stuff but act like everything is ok.

Stop smoking weed

I don’t

benzos

Yer fucked then m8.
Jk you just gotta act like you're the man in charge. There's a difference beteeen confidence and arrogance though.
Make your bed, read some books, stay nourished and hydrated, sleep responsibly, and the rest will follow along. You must be in control of your body, mind, and soul.

Walk in crowded areas

Is drunk me also ‘me’ as it were? I’m so much more confident when I’m drunk and I’m not sure if that’s the ‘real’ me or just the booze

And thank god for that.
We were needing man like him.

>has sad
>actually wants to change it

if that is true go to a therapist!

Dunno

What happens to you guys when you are anxious?
I usually tear up

In terms of full blown panic attacks (which I seem to be having more of) Everything goes into fight or flight mode, mind goes blank, sweating, pit in stomach etc

It’s actually awful

Maybe it's that way for some people, but it's more likely something learned when you're young. If early interactions with people lead to rejection and pain, that's hard to shake.

Yep that’s me

I fucking hated it.

Sweating really badly just cause you're bunched up with people in public transport.

Even when you enter a room full of people who stare at you for a few second and probably don't give two shits about your existence but to you it feels like everyone has their eyes pinned on you and you feel your temperature rising.

Worst is when you sweat you feel self conscious about you starting to smell now.

looking back at it and noticing others who were like me I realize no one really cares that you're there, it's more of your mind losing its shit while others just see a stranger lmao.

Have you made progress recovering?

Magnús would look like a stocky midget next to those guys.

Probably because he is a midget

I'm no expert, but I guess there's three paths I thought about.

1. Just fully give up and give no shits. This will stop all of the anxiety but will degrade you into those scruffy moody people that take no shit from anyone. Obviously a really shitty choice but I'm just putting it out there as an example of what you shouldn't do.

2. Artificially inflate your ego. Even if you're a dyel piece of shit you can convince yourself that you are better than everyone else. You will start to act confidence even though you're all talk. This is harder but no where near as damaging as the first option. Still not so good since you'll probably end up hating yourself since you really have nothing to back it up.

3. Fix up your looks. This means how you dress, your physique, your face (hair, facial hair, etc). Most people have anxiety from looking bad. Fixing up will give you real confidence.

I did a mix between the second two, Looking better automatically makes you care less, and slightly inflating your ego lets you not give a fuck about some people you meet in life. These people are the type that are glued to celebrities and that sort of stuff, people who prioritize the shit media pushes out ruining society, people you shouldn't concern yourself with. Not saying we're better than them, but you know.

One final thing. Come to terms with all the bad things you've done in the past that cause you to cringe or regret. Just look back and think "damn, that was stupid, but I'm no longer that young stupid me". Instead of feeling pain about your mistakes, make little jokes about them. It helped me a lot.

But there are still good looking people who can have these problems for other reasons that may go quite deep into their childhood, which I'm niot qualified to give advice about.

This might be bad advice but idk think about it.

Ok

I didn't believe in panic attacks until I started getting them in college after abusing study drugs. This isn't social anxiety at all (in my case unrelated to socializing I guess) but frequent bouts of heart palpitations, shortness of breath, lightheaded, disassociation, and an intense feeling of fear and paranoia.

Eating healthy and going to the gym helps curb the attacks a lot. I find the worst offender is binge drinking. Every time I go to a doctor and mention my symptoms they try their damnedest to prescribe me valium/xanax/klonopin, but I'm not trying to fuck my brain up even more.

Ok

lol

I am 26 years old, kissless virgin, haven't had friends since I was 12. I'm pretty much a shut in.

I really don't know if I have social anxiety. I mean sure, when it comes to events like parties clubs, etc I would get super nervous and all that. But the thing is when I'm around people I'm not some quiet reserved type. I'm actually talkative.

The problem though is that I have ADD, autism, and I'm weird as fuck, so while I have always been able to make people laugh, my ADD, autism and weirdness turns people away from wanting to actually be friends. And then the problem of not having friends is what hampers me in actually making new ones, as well as finding a girlfriend (along with being scared of my complete lack of experience)

So all in all i dont even know if i have it