Which is better to work out in the morning or in the evening? Does it even matter?

Which is better to work out in the morning or in the evening? Does it even matter?

You'll get mixed answers, all with good reasons. I choose morning based on natural cortisol cycles- it's naturally high in the morning and low at night. Working out spikes it and I don't want that in the evening when I should be easing into sleep.

Personally in the morning it feels way better. A great way to start the day, to set the tone f you will

Does a hard gym session efrect ur energy levels during the day assuming you workout before work or do you feel even better after?

You should work out when you'll actually go and actually train. There will be autists that try to spout badly designed, misinterpreted research about testosterone being higher in the afternoon, but there's no training effect.

If you're a sperg scared of human contact who would skip squats rather than ask to work in, go at night when nobody is around. If you're a lazy shit who can't trust himself to get up early or stay up late, go in the afternoon. If you have a job/class schedule that demands the use of those hours go in the morning.

Just fucking go.

Whatever leads to you being in the gym most consistently.

Consistence > time of day your work out

after work is best in my opinion just because who the fuck wants to get up that early and alienate themselves from the rest of the world by going to bed at 8pm and getting up at 4.

Depends how intensely I work out.

Morning is better for sure, specially if you go real early like 5 AM.

I did both and felt way more energetic and motivated during the day. When I worked out at night I just rushed through my sets with very little enthusiasm just so I could go home and sleep.

fom my experience, morning is goat but i'm def stronger late in the afternoon

ur stronger after waking up thats when you hit peak testosterone

I do this during the week, I have weekends off.

I still go to bars and stuff on the weekend.

It's not that bad

this

threads like these should be on what time do i feel like a beast

45 minutes after I wake up.

I used to workout at the gym after work at 11PM, but my lifts always suffered and it felt more tedious.

Now that I have a home gym, I work out when I wake up. I don't have a physical job, so I don't feel tired from working out. When you start the day with a 550 deadlift, the rest of the day seems like easy bitchwork.

I like the mornings. It helps me prepare for the day.

I prefer evenings at 7pm to 8. Gym slowly dies down during that time and i can work nicely.
Also i remember somewhere something about natural T levels being higher in the evening (based on morning wakeup) but idk man. Do what allows you to be consistent

make sure you eat first if you work out in the morning. cortisol is catabolic.

Mornings for me. I like to get there when there's not so many people. Then I can do my workout in peace and go home to make breakfast and start work at 9. I got a good morning routine going.

>not having a goal
>"which is better"
Hey guys which is better bulk or cut?
fucking kil yourself brainlet

It's confirmed that your test peaks in the morning. I forget the exact times, but I think it's 6am - 11am. If you wanted "optimal" results, I guess it would be around then. However, if you prefer working out at night because it feels like a chore in the morning, or you're groggy in the AM and not a morning person, then later in the day/night would give you the best results because you'd put the most effort into your training.

I like to go around 8:30am, but when my schedule doesn't allow for I go whenever. I've done 11pm after getting out of work at 10pm, I'm actually going to be going in a few minutes because I was waiting on my gymbro, and sometimes I've gone at 1am sometimes because I was awake and bored.

Nah, but you should usually stick to one or the other just so that you have a good cycle going

i found im usually best when i wake up early (not too early, talking about like 7 am) and go after a light breakfast but before class.

Been working out in the pm for the past four years. Decided two weeks ago to start working out in the am before work.

The main difference is when Id workout in the evening id always feel bad about eatting post workout and going straight to bed. Workingout in the am and eatting after is called lunch. Ive also been getting my 8 hours sleep pretty easily since im half dead after workingout and doing a nine hour shift at work

>squintman
what a loser

Mornings are better for energy levels, and when i go to the gym late at nite i stay up later because of the adreniine

That said, i go at night because its too easy to skip by sleeping in and putting yourself at risk of being "late for work"

not necessary at all. Fasted training is a common method.

I like going in the morning after breakfast, but now with school I tend to go whenever I have a two hour break between classes. However going before bed is pretty nice too. Finishing a great session drinking a shake and getting cozy in your bed and instantly falling asleep.

Bonus point for having a gf to fuck before bed after lifting. Few things are more satisfying.

holy fuck he looks so much better in first pic
not body wise ofc
whatever but that facial expression is cringe af

He has like 5 million insta followers

We are all different. I am NOT a morning person. I tried once to to work out early before work. NEVER AGAIN. I can only work out after like 7pm.

Morning for me personally. I find forcing myself out of bed at 6:30am is a small victory over my naturally lazy state of being

It fully depends on your day to day cycle. Why do people on here always try to generalise everything.

you are why i hate Veeky Forums in a nutshell

If you're still at school, you might want to consider working out at night.

When I do intense workouts (I'm talking 2 hour plus) I sometimes get this thing where I can't concentrate on schoolwork at all.

My gym is fucking full in the morning so I go at night 2-3 hours before closing time, gym is pretty empty by then do you don't have to wait for equipment. Plus I like how comfy the night time makes the gym

A common method among dyels and retards

I'm too tired from work to get a good lift in in the evening, so I go in the morning. Eat a big breakfast and go. I'll be tired by the end of the day at work anyway so who cares? At least I got to lift.

depends on sleep mostly for me. When i have sleep in check and go hard at the gym I feel like a sickcunt until about afternoon when i start to get tired.

:(

you build muscles overnight so late night is the best training method