Apparently there was some kind of fitness convention in my city over the weekend and today every DYEL and every thot at...

Apparently there was some kind of fitness convention in my city over the weekend and today every DYEL and every thot at my gym was strutting around in their latest Instagram fitness celebrity or supplement company-branded gear (BMFIT, Ryderwear, Gymshark, etc).

What is it about the fitness industry that makes it so easy to convince the average gym-goer to drop $120 on a tanktop and a pair of spanx without batting an eye?

Masses eat shit up.

Literally in all forms.
>music
>tv shows
>food
>education
>politics

A large amount of people consume a large amount of media?

My mind is fucking blown to outer space.

Melb? If so see you there

>what are advertisements

Retard, it answers OP.

This is so cringy. this is like the reddit/Veeky Forums demographic. they think theyre normies because they lift in addition to having "nerdy hobbies"

>tldr it helps me cope with being a soyboy

>birthing hips and soyboy face
>"what have u achieved with ur body?"

I hope if I reach even a tenth of the irony levels this manbaby has attained I still have the balls left to blow my brains out

this is about as cringy as those gym motivation pics thinking that working out in a air conditioned room doing controlled movements is equal to being a warrior in ancient rome

you could say that for any fanbase, official clothing for most things are $30+

I also live in Columbus.

>paying more than $2 for a gym shirt
Get real

>those gym motivation pics thinking that working out in a air conditioned room doing controlled movements is equal to being a warrior in ancient rome

I shudder when I see these.

all the gymshark, alphalete, ftns life, lvft bros

cringe

They look better than you, so... LOL

DELET

Lifting really has no carryover to anything else. Sure you get stronger but what skills do you learn that you can apply to the real world and other hobbies/activities? That's why people like Jujimufu inspire me to become in more control of my body through things like flexibility and tricking. I love lifting, but I think that stuff is so much more impressive and interesting than squatting 4pl8 or something.

>Using gloves and not leaving your skin on the bar everytime you lift

Never gonna make it

I normally wear a branded t-shirt because it’s my friends company and proceeds go to a charity I care about. That being said, I also live in a city where a fitness/wellness “summit” was being held, and I got so many people scoffing because they never heard of this small, new, and local company. The fitness community hear (and online for the most part) is so toxic and shitty. People use it as a status symbol rather than a healthy way of living. Almost have my home gym set up, so at least I have that going for me.

I’m a firefighter and do local strongman competitions and school outreach as a hobby, so it carries over to my life pretty well.

This. I do believe that lifting and dieting can improve your discipline and the dedication you put into is admirable but fucks sake, it won’t turn you into a Greek defending the gates of Thermopylae.

is that anthony fantano?

Bro I was at the Arnold classic this weekend. Also my first year there. Honestly all I took away from it was fuck the blatant consumerism. I met up with a friend and he is one of those DYELs who just had to go to every fucking line to get every fucking supplement sample/t-shirt/swag etc. Back at the hotel, he saw that I had something that he didn't and asked for it. I gave this stupid motherfucker literally everything I had picked up. Fuck these kind of people, and I think so much less of him as a person now.

The only positives were running into some friends from HS, meeting some cool personalities, and seeing the largest gathering of qt3.14s in yoga pants I've ever seen. I'm back on my cut hard, and feeling motivated. Fuck useless supplements, fuck wanting to take a goddamn selfie with everything/everyone you know from the internet. Just fucking lift and shut the fuck up

/blogpost

I have seen a couple of gymbros wearing UA shirts but they are the vast, vast minority.

where do you get shirts for 2 bucks?!
tell me now

I wear whatever random tshirts that my work gives me.