Farmers Walk

Added a farmers walk to the end of my routine twice a week.

Damn my forearms feel juicy.

Can't work out why i didn't do these before.

Can't work out why no one else in the gym is doing them.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jón_Páll_Sigmarsson
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Kazmaier
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw normies keep walking in your way so you have to steam roll them
FUCKING NORMIES REEEE

>farmers walk
>a city boy

what if i have dumpbells? How heavy should I go?

Dumbells are perfect.

I started with 30kg in each hand.

>farmers walk
>i'm a rancher

Id start lighter to begin with since your spinae erectors and other lower back muscles are probably chronically underdeveloped

how long to walk for? sounds kinda boring

>30kg
if you're a nogainz manlet.
carry the biggest ones your gym has. make sure your face looks as angry as possible while doing it, so no one will fuck with you.

this is not an exercise for little boys.

TRUTH

This is the truth

how many sets, how long is each set ?

rancher's walk is with animals on each arm

1) walk about 40m and stop
2) walk back and forth continuously until your grip slips

Add in weighted dead hangs.

I have skinny ass forearms. Would these alone be enough?

MILK TRUCK ARRIVED.

Just fucking do them dude

who are the men in this picture?

Jon Pall Sigmersson in the Roche vest..

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jón_Páll_Sigmarsson

died doing what he loved most

Bill kazmair with the strapped arm.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Kazmaier

thanks, appreciate it. gotta read up on these beasts.

How/why are these better for grip strength than like shrugs, say?

>why would walking with heavy weights be better than standing still
Durrrrrrr

That's literally what I'm asking, you're still holding them what could be a similar time, and if you're not swinging them how different is this on your forearms?

While walking your arms have to stabilize the moving weight, making them work much harder than standing still.

You have to stabilize the weights. Farmers handles sway and lean and move around. Because they’re in each hand you really feel the weight pulling your traps and shoulders down which you have to fight to stay upright and breathe. Farmers should be done heavy as fuck, body weight per hand is the real starting point for farmers

I understand, thanks for the responses. Bodyweight per hand sounds high, that grip assumes a 2x BW deadlift before STARTING farmers walks, is that right? Or do you mean thats where the exercise "really starts". Excuse the autism.

BW sounds high however there’s a couple things helping you! The handle height is higher than a deadlift so less ROM. Handles should dip slightly forward you use that to help drag yourself forward. Yes a properly done farmer should leave you gassed and dead. If you can DOH 315+ you should be able to at least stumble a couple of steps of BW farmers. If you can’t manage pick a good weight and do what you can. If you’re straining for strongman speed is as important as weight, you need to be fast and strong.

Aha I'm with you, I had in my mind dumbbells as the weight as there's no farmer's handle/bar/apparatus at the gym. Would bodyweight per hand still be expected for dumbbells? Obviously they dont go up to my bodyweight at my gym, either.

Not him, but if your gym is kinda empty you can also just grab two barbells and balance them, or use a trap bar, though it's better to hold the weights separately for stability purposes

If you don’t have handles jus use dumbbells, trap bar is the best alternative otherwises. Barbells are too long to balance properly IMO

just got back from gym
finished with farmers walks 3x F with 90lbs per hand
my forearms feel like they will pop, so hard

Could curl bars do the job? I think most can easily hold 3pl8s