Halong Mining

Is... This... Real?

youtube.com/watch?v=SRCsQUyR7_I

halongmining.com

Other urls found in this thread:

google.co.uk/search?q=antminer S9&tbm=isch
bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bitcoin-developer-about-take-mining-hardware-industry/
cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/btc?HashingPower=80&HashingUnit=TH/s&PowerConsumption=7160&CostPerkWh=0.12
alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator
twitter.com/AnonBabble

probably not

Turns out it is. Plenty of high profile names in the Bitcoin world are vouching for it now. Interesting

stayaway from tha scam.
ps you do know genesis-mining.com btc contracts are back right? Use "faXjuF" code for (3% discount)

That's just an antminer S9 with a new logo on the side.
google.co.uk/search?q=antminer S9&tbm=isch
It's identical.

Pause at 0:34 on that video. That thing is runnin at 16.26Th/s, whilst drawing only 1470W. That's mindblowing.

Yeah that's what I found out too
Fucking lame

so this is operation dragon slayer?

That would be awesome.

Actually it's not. Look more closely. Top connectors look similar, but it's a different case.

It's very very similar. No reinforcing ribs on the side and a slightly narrower power supply(?) on top. That might just be differences in S9 production over time.

Damn looks like it doesnt ship till March 2018 god damnit

Website created yday, fake.

Fake
Fake

It actually looks more like one of these

Thanks for the tip OP. Got my preorder in

Nah man, this IS the Dragon. Jihan Wu and his bcash butt-buddies are trying to slay it.

I hope you didn't actually pay them that much. Enjoy losing 7k user!

Not fake :)

bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bitcoin-developer-about-take-mining-hardware-industry/

Its real bro

It's really real

Operation Dragonslayer xD

So how does Jihan plan on slaying that dragon?

How much Bitcoin can you mine on this thing in one day? I'm just looking for an approximation to get a general idea.

Tempted to get a loan to buy 5 of them.

depends on how many other people are mining and the difficulty
and you will end up paying a lot in electricity so you have to take that into account

Ok, but just a total ballpark figure. At current bitcoin prices / current difficulty would you make 5 USD a day? 10? 20? I know it depends, but just trying to get an approximation. I've never mined before.

Adam back backs them

This is huge

Around $20

Also, I don't pay electricity under my current apartment lease, so I'm not too worried about that aspect.

Calculation for 5 of them:

cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/btc?HashingPower=80&HashingUnit=TH/s&PowerConsumption=7160&CostPerkWh=0.12

when the bill is $1000 trust me, you will be worried about it

Ok, thanks. Sucks that you have to buy a minimum of 5 at this point.

they are supposedly very loud and hot, if you can tolerate it in a small space like an apartment..

once these start to ship, expect difficulty to double, so calculate half of this

Looking at around 7k in electric a year. Because fuck you earth.

No, what I'm saying is that under my current lease electric and water are covered under the base rent, so I don't pay directly for electric. So, unless my landlord notices a big uptick in electric costs and tries to kick me out or something, that doesn't affect me one way or another. I'll have to check my lease if there's any grounds for him saying I'm using "too much" power anyway. But, I probably won't start mining anyway because the noise/heat would probably be too much for my 1br Manhattan apartment.

alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator

16.26 TH/s

Very true. That's also not accounting for whatever the value of btc will be in a year. It might offset the reduction in earnings a little. Or not.

I was just brainstorming. All around it probably wouldn't be worthwhile for me in my current set-up.

Your landlord/whoever pays for the electricity will soon be very concerned about that. It won't be sustainable if you go this route, I guarantee it.

you'll get sued or booted when you have some huge electrical bill you better tell your landlord you'll pay the difference or get ready for a huge head ache