I'm joining the military, but the problem is apparently im overweight for my height due to my muscle mass...

I'm joining the military, but the problem is apparently im overweight for my height due to my muscle mass, my question is, as I don't have much fat to cut will I actually have to get weaker to join? US navy btw.

What is your height/weight

5'11 187lbs

You're not going to be able to keep your mass.

Sure, it’s muscle mass that’s the problem.

""""" MUSCLE MASS """""

>US navy

Thats disappointing, I'm able to do the mile and a half in under 15 and I'm faster than basically everyone in my center, but I guess people that are like that aren't accounted for.

I liek boats.

If you pass the pt and it’s just muscle mass they’ll take you to check. But it’s probably not just muscle, fatty

You don't get denied for being over the weight standards for your height if your body fat percentage is in an acceptable range.

Former active duty Marine here, I'm not too sure about boot camp these days, but once you're active duty they'll usually let it slide if you have a small enough waist or your at an ideal BMI

*you're, Jesus Christ you can tell the mouthbreather stereotype is true with us.

Is this seriously the requirement? A 10 minute mile is what you run on your second week of running at like 220.

>former Marine
Once a Marine always a Marine, larping faggot

Former *active *duty, learn to read

They will tape you to make sure it's "muscle mass" so you're probably just fat

What do you expect? Most military is just poor nigger-tier people with no prospects and probably garbage diet and exercise history

If its actually muscle they won't mind. They will just do a body fat test instead.

Do you have visible abs? What's your waist size?

That pace is failure for the Army.

you would be surprise how stingy the military is on body ratios. They want cross country type faggots who can do body weight exercises. If you have any sort of muscle add on then you have to go through a stupid BMS tape measurement every couple of months.

Lmao even in the air force you need a sub 12 minute mile and a half to pass basic. Unless of course you're a grill then it's like 16 or something stupid easy like that.