QTDDTOT

QTDDTOT - Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Any suggestions / improvements for my routine?

Chest / Triceps
Seated Chest Press Machine - 3x12
Flat Dumbbell Bench Press - 3x12
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press - 3x12
Low Cable Crossover - 3x12
Tricep Pushdown - 3x12

Back / Biceps
Lat Pulldown Machine - 3x12
One-Arm Dumbbell Row - 3x12
Dumbbell Shoulder Shrug - 3xF
Incline Dumbbell Hammer Curl - 3x12
Dumbbell Supinating Curl - 3x12

Legs / Core
Smith Machine Deadlift - 1x5
Smith Machine Calf Raise - 3x12
Seated Leg Press - 3x12
Seated Leg Curl - 3x12
Weighted Crunch - 3xF

Shoulders
Seated Shoulder Press Machine - 3x12
Seated Dumbbell Press - 3x12
Reverse Fly - 3x12
Front Raise - 3x12
Lateral Raises - 3xF

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/s/b134010a97/1194778-5
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This fat fucking bitch is hogging the ab crunch machine how do I tell her to fuck off she is too fat for abs

Ask if you can work in, if she says no then tell her to go suck a fuck.

>smith machine

No barbells in apartment complex gym, have to make due temporarily. Shit sucks.

I'm 21% bodyfat. How do I get down to 15% in two weeks?

My girlfriend started joining me at gym two months ago. I have her on a simple hypertrophic workout, but her and I both want to tone her ass up. What are the absolute best workouts and sets and reps for that firm ass

exhentai.org/s/b134010a97/1194778-5
>one legged jumps
What is the point of this?

you wont, but you can do a severe 1000kcal deficit and carb cycle

Hi Veeky Forums
What should I look in a sneaker that i can use to use in a threadmill and to weightlifting?

This is bait, right?

How long would it take for me to lose consciousness/die if I cut the large artery in both arms just below the bicep?

Asking for a, uh, friend who's going to kill himself in a few years

What's a good routine for if I want the summer body 2018? I'm pretty skinny and have been training for one and a half year, but I have been taking some time off of the gym for a while now.

Would like something like pic related, but I don't expect to be that big this summer.

Literally any hyperthrophy routine. You're not going to get significant results in 3 months though

Anybody got any experience adding pomegranate to their diet?
Fruit/juice/concentrate?

I don't expect significant results, but I do expect some results because I was bigger last year when I was regularly working out. Anyways, thank you.

Do you measure a cup of rice before or after it's cooked?

Does it make sense to do regular 5x5 for most lifts, but then do hypertrophy for one specific lift every time?

Like... calf raises?

My typical leg/back day workout is
5x5 zercher squat
5x5 row
5x5 romanian dl
10x15 calf raise

i've been running a pretty severe daily deficit at 1100~ (800-900 cals a day) and my weight was steadily going down until i hit a 4 week plateau. the only thing, and i mean the only thing, that broke it was a 3 day fast. anyone have any reason why my weight would plateau at such severe restriction? even if i was off somehow by counting/measuring i never got close to eating maintenance so what the fuck

Don't kill yourself dude, if you literally don't have anything to live for join your country's armed forces

My left pec is larger than my right pec even though my form is pretty good. should I do slightly more volume on my right pec to even this out or will it even out naturally as I start to plateau

Just buy a gun dude. I urge you to not do it; but if you have to--make it quicker than that ghetto shit you got planned

I'd say listen to this guy
But if you do just end it I'd suggest death by cop or even better blow yourself up in the federal reserve

How do you feel about naps pre workout? Hit a nap after work, then the gym? Or just go straight to the gym and let the sweet smell of sweat rejuvenate my soul?

I personally don't like napping because it makes me tired and I feel lazy, but if you sleep a lot it's a great idea especially if you are missing out on sleep

How do I get visible abs from the body I am at now? I think the answer is to just do a bunch of cardio and diet but I also feel pretty skinny as it is.
Also, am I skinnyfat?

> 13% body fat according to Navy calculator
> 5'10", 157 pounds

donkey kicks with cables. squats. hamstring work.
decent price that you dont mind trashing.
better to gas yourself in garage but dont do it user i will miss you. go watch a wonderful life the movie. guy wanted to kill himself until he realized all the unseen ways he helped people.
yea you eat it like any fruit. getting the actual fruit tho is a pain to eat as the juice is in tiny seeds.
there should be different measurements for that reason but for calories a cup cooked.
yea thats fine. but you will actually get even higher volume on an elliptical with high slope and high resistance.
train them my dude. abs arent just low body fat.

How THE FUCK do you grow arms? Went from full-body to UL split to 6 days PPL, getting good progress on everywhere but arms are still spaghetti. Pretty fucking close to 1/2/3/4 for 5 reps, can EZ-bar curl 90 lbs for 10 reps and strict form, so no strength issues. Granted I do like two arms isolation at max per workout.

Getting comical desu, 46" chest vs 14.5" arms. I'm fucking 185 lbs with 6' height and people are still saying I look like skinny in shirts because of my arms.

>you will actually get even higher volume on an elliptical with high slope and high resistance.
I could never figure ellipticals out... My legs always end up losing sync with the pedals. I don't have the right coordination for it.

Thanks, I'll keep up with the half raises. I forgot to add that I do hold two 50 lb dumbbells.

Tell me, how exactly does one suck a fuck?

New routine: try to rip the barbell from the Smith machine xF

Dude... Add a tricep isolation exercise. Tris are the biggest muscles by volume in your arms. Lying extensions with dumbbells or the ez curl bar should do it.

Depends on if you mean weightlifting (clean and jerks etc) or lifting weights. The former, adi powers are usually the go to. The latter, anything with a flat/raised heel sole should be fine but (if you really cared) get a cheap pair of running shoes for cardio. Literally anything unless you're going for 10km+

Since mid January, I’ve cut from 183.5 to 165. Currently eating 1900 cals/day. Been feeling really shorty after workouts. Depressed and depleted. Should I up my calories a bit?

>recently begin liftan
>after i go to the gym i get a sight uncomfortable sensation in my lower gut
>i get gassy and start burping a lot
Do i have IBS? Or is this some kind of gut bacteria?

I've seen better progress from hitting arms 4-5 times a week for high volume rather than 2x for each muscle, like 3x20-25 bicep curls followed by 3x20-25 hammer curls. Your compounds will probably slow down or even stall with all the volume, which is why I don't do tricep isolation and just compounds

Are you eating before you go? Eating too close to a workout can fuck up your stomach

Thanks user this might be my problem.

OK

>asking here bcuz lmaonoreplies

Okay fit what is the best course of action for getting out from a long cut? One year of (mostly) cutting and some weeks of mantainance. Been cutting since March 2017 and dropped nearly 20 kg of mostly fat, while conserving most of my lifts from when I started (105-->85 kg)

During this time I did a Hybrid of SS to conserve my strength (because I knew hyperthrophy work would be worthless) and I wanna know what should I do now regarding diet and routine

Right now I wanna do like 2-3 weeks of strength to regain my lifts but after that I wanna focus entirely on getting mass and try to eat at manteinance +100/200 calories top, I dont wanna gain back all that weight that costed a fucking lot to drop

I am doing Muay thai 3 days a week so getting into mtn/slight bulk would also help me to have more energy and more endurance.

What should I do? Should I eat at manteinance for some weeks or should I just go for a straight surplus of 250 calories?

Thanks in advance for your comments guys

>Should I eat at manteinance for some weeks or should I just go for a straight surplus of 250 calories?
You are easily overestimating/underestimating your calories/TDEE by well over 250. 500 is the start point for most people and then they adjust from there. If you aren't a fucking pussy you do -1000kcal cutting and +2000 kcal bulking.

I'm down 26 lbs in 10 weeks how the fuck did it take you that long.

Anyway...
>Okay fit what is the best course of action for getting out from a long cut?
Start bulking.

Nothing wrong with +500 on lift days. That's what I do.

What’s a good low carb snack?

Not really fit related but has anyone experience changes in face after getting their wisdom teeth removed?

Vegetables.

>I'm down 26 lbs in 10 weeks how the fuck did it take you that long.

because I wanted to keep strength and not be fucking weak all the time, are you doing something similar?

>Nothing wrong with +500 on lift days. That's what I do.

too much calories, post body, you may not be as lean as you think

No.

lots of celery with low carb ranch
cucumber with powder chili/sauce
air popped popcorn
biting your elbow

not if your dentist/surgeon does it correctly

had a buried wisdom teeth removed in november, I just experimented somehow inflammation but after a couple days it went away

How do I get this body?

Hit a deadlift PR on my cut so there's that...

>too much calories, post body, you may not be as lean as you think
Too much work to do in between csgo rounds. 500 kcal is a 60 minute powerlifting/weightlifting session. Check it with your googlefu.

Thanks, I'll add that to my gfs routine!

You don't. Having a "goal body" while potentially good for motivation is kind of pointless, because the only thing we can change about our bodies are the levels of muscle mass and body fat. Two equally fit people can look vastly different from eachother.
You can train to become bigger and leaner, but you're going to get the body that YOU are going to get. If you end up looking like somebody else then that's pure coincidence.

>500 kcal is a 60 minute powerlifting/weightlifting session

lmao no, 100 calories tops

What's a weightlifting belt that Veeky Forums can recommend? I remember some meme about the generic harbinger belt being shit and want to make sure I get a good one because I love to deadlift.

Inzer(?) 10mm was a staple not so long ago, the tip I heard somewhere was to get it from amazon bcuz original supplier took fucking ages to deliver

6/10 for all the responses holy fuck

I've been doing SS for about 2 weeks and have had good results (except on bench) but I kind of want to switch over to GSLP for upper body aesthetics and the AMRAP looks fun, also I like rows and curls. Is this a good idea? What is the best variant to start out?

Will it give me as much "core" work without squatting and deadlifting every workout? Can I say fuck it and deadlift every day at the end anyways without fucking my shit up? Recovery seems pretty easy after the DOMS went away but maybe i'm just not going hard enough.

What do I do if I can't do very many chinups tho?

I'm at like 27% today. Is it possible by mid June to reach about the 15-18% range? 215lbs currently. I'd assume 15% would be somewhere around 185.

yeah PSMF, google is your friend

Do the math. 2lbs a week is the max you should really cut. Your lbm is around 156. In order to hit 15% you are right you would have to be around 185 assuming you lost no muscle mass. 20ish lbs/20lbs a week = 10 weeks. If you started today you could hit that by the end of may easily.

Thanks bro I highly appreciate it. That'll definitely help motivate me

r8 my 2-year plan

>Bulking: SL5x5 until 1/2/3/4, probably around 6 months (three months in, currently at .5/1/1.5/2
>Reddit PPL 3 months bulking, 3 months cutting
>6 months PHAT bulking
>6 months PHUL, 3 months bulking, 3 months cutting

Anyone else get 10x hornier when they're bulking?
My dick is raw after jacking off 3-5 times daily this week. How can I keep up this frequency without destroying my dick

(No homo)

Question, let's say I'm running a GSLP variant and wanted to do more volume, would it be beneficial to simply add a 3x10 to whatever lift I'm doing after I'm done with my main work sets? Or would that be too much and interfere with recovery and whatnot?

Are the port a potties at the worlds strongest man overflowing? Are they large?

I would advise against a switch simply because it's a really bad habit to get into (program hopping). You have to learn to stick to a program for long enough for it to start really paying off.
Besides, there are a lot more similarities between SS and GSLP than there are differences. In the end, the result is going to be almost identical. Anyway, if you insist, you can always toss in A COUPLE of sets of curls after your main work is done on SS provided this doesn't detract any focus from the big money maker exercises.

As for wanting to making changes to the routine already, consider the difference between a cook and a chef. A cook knows his way around a kitchen, sure, but he still needs a recipe to follow. A chef is super experienced and knows exactly how every ingredient compliments eachother, and is the one who writes the recipes.
At this point, you're a cook. Don't try to change things, because I guarantee you're not seeing the whole picture.

You got the right idea, but for fuck's sake, start with ONE back-off set of 10 and see how that goes. If everything is great after 3-4 weeks, add another and see how that goes. Etc.
Don't try to turn the whole program unside down all at once. Besides, adding even a single set is actually quite a large overloading stimulus (relatively speaking). The stimulus to your body is going to be like trying to double your performance on the AMRAP set or something.

Always, always, always up the dose A LITTLE at a time. This is also ten times better for avoiding overuse injuries.

2 parter
If a girl has made eye contact with you and broke it first, but then looked again, is that sign enough to approach? If yes how do you semi cold approach in the gym? Im trying to stop my autism and now that im getting some mires and responses idk what to do.

Any recommendations for a 5 days/week workout routine just using a 3 in one pull up/dip bar and dumbbells?

Are normie standards seriously so low? I look kinda shit for Veeky Forums standards but i regularly get asked if im on the football team or told im muscular/big. Feel like i grew up with this boards standards before i even knew what it was.

You're looking at it all wrong. You don't have to go through some kind of weird nonverbal mating dance before you approach. If you're interested in a girl, just fucking go for it. You don't have to ask her to marry you right out of the gates, you know - a simply "hi" is fine. And you can just leave it at "hi" for a couple of times. Once you feel like you're no longer total strangers, you can move on to small talk. And then the flirting.

You can also give zero fucks and be super aggressive right away, making no effort to hide your intentions. But this only works if you're at least semi attractive (otherwise it's creepy) and if you also give zero fucks about getting rejected because that will happen many times.

In fact the more girls you approach, the more you're going to get rejected. But the more you're also not going to get rejected. It's a numbers game.
One of the best things you can do for yourself is come to terms with the fact that not every girl wants to fuck you right now, and that's FINE. That doesn't mean you're a worthless piece of shit. But if you want to figure out which girls DO want to fuck you right now, you're going to have to go through a bunch of them. Get it?

I'm in the same boat man, I'm 5'10, 80kg and get told by everyone I know how big I look. I look at myself in the mirror and feel like a twig, I have poor muscle definition on my torso and if I post a pic here I'd be ridiculed as a dyel. really weird, because I know I don't look good and it'll be years before I do

Last workout I asked someone to spot me while benching 1 plate (I’m doing stronglifts 5x5). He points to another bar with 35s on each side
>”Can you do 100 of these?”
>”No”
>”You’ll build muscle way faster if you do 100 of those before trying these”
Should I take his advice?

no

Holy shit Veeky Forums, my lats are asymmetrical as fuck. I rowed for a couple years starboard and have scoliosis, both of which have caused my right lat to always be bigger than my left lat. I always knew this but it wasn't until I saw myself shirtless from the back in an angled mirror that I realized how fucking awkward and unaesthetic it is. Should I do some extra DB rows with my left side only? Or should I just continue to train them equally? Should I an hero?

When progressing with a seated row machine, is it best to do higher reps (12) then next time try the higher weight at normal 6-8 reps?

Are neck curls effective on the floor? I feel my abs burning out quicker than my neck as I sort of crunch while doing them on the carpet.

do some extra to catch up on the left side, as far as I know it's the only way to fix assymetry
try that and see if it works for you
no

Where do I start if I want to get stronk and go to the gym twice a week (currently do judo three a week). I know compound exercises are good, but I'd appreciate any other exercises, advice, or premade starting routines beyond
>some sort of squat, some sort of deadlift, bench press, chinups/pullups, stuff in the sticky etc
Kettlebells and resistance bands seem like something I'd be interested in too.

>have intense DOMS from 100rep squats yesterday
>grit teeth and go on my scheduled run anyway - just take it easy instead of pushing the speed
>make it through run
>DOMS reduced by like 70%

what is this magic?

is there a difference in doing dumbbell skullcrushers with two dumbbells instead of one? using two feels a lot safer to me

follow stronglifts, its an A B routine so you can do each day once a week. in addition to the compounds add in a couple of accessory exercises for each day
if you use one you should be using double the weight as both arms are acting on a single dumbell, aside from that there is a small bit if difference in the motion you make. I'm not sure about safety but I prefer a dumbell in each hand as I feel it allows me a greater ROM
why are you doing a hundred reps of squats?

increased bloodflow to designated muscles to remove waste and provide nutrients to repair microtears. But the more important question is, why are you doing 100 rep squats. You need to learn specificity when training. Hit certain rep ranges, especially if you're training for a sport.

user isn't correct my man. The difference in using one over two has to completely deal with synergistic muscles. Your center of gravity moves based on more mass being shifted. This means abdominals, erector spinae, etc. all have to work more to maintain balance. also, it's literally the same lever and joint movements, so no difference in muscles worked.

What's the word on protein per lb of body weight at the moment?

I am 30, 80kg, guesstimate 25-30% body fat.

Used to take 1g per goal weight. But going 1.25 this time around (because older).

Is it still per pound of LBM or is it goal weight?

If you're limited to twice a week, which is btw a good choice when you want to focus on another sport, then you're forced to choose only the most effective methods. That pretty much means the big barbell lifts.

These exercises are effective because they involve a ton of muscle mass and it's easy to achieve progression, because you simply slap on another couple of plates.
Pick a squat, a hinge, an upper body push and an upper body pull + maybe some core work. Sets and reps don't matter all that much. You can mix it up from time to time. What matters is that you keep pushing up your performance over time.

Kettlebells are just weights like any other weight. So it really depends on what you would use them for. Traditional "hardstyle" kettlebell training (see RKC og StrongFirst) is very popular among martial artists, and supposedly was even created to augment the hand-to-hand combat skills of Russian special forces. However, it is also very skill based with the mantra "strength is a skill". While traditional barbell lifting is more about crushing your body and building it up bigger and stronger, traditional kettlebell training is about highly frequent practice. In other words, kettlebell training won't work as well done only twice a week.

Resistance bands aren't something you want to build a training routine around. They're useful for smaller auxiliary exercises or to add accomodating resistance to barbell lifts.

Training is the best way to get rid of DOMS. Most people say it's due to increased blow flow, but the reality is that DOMS is a quite poorly understood phenomenon.
Also, just because training again removes the DOMS doesn't mean it's necessarily always smart to train again.

Difference is neglible. Just aim to land somewhere in that ballpark.

Think sports specificity. You do judo, so you have two options.
1. Train your body to optimally perform in judo.
2. Train your body for various other reasons, examples being aesthetics, certain weight goals, etc.

Judo requires large ranges of motion of the joints so lighter weights at increased speeds should take precedence. Full body power movements such as 1/4 squats for speed, deadlifts, power cleans, etc. should definitely be your bread and butter. Resistance bands are good for rotational strengthening. This means exercises that help open those hips, and lateral/medial rotation at the shoulder joints.

Thanks, also just checking, it's definitely not per-pound of total weight?(including fat).

Protein consumption research is all over the place. Generally for anaerobic athletes such as resistance training, 1.2-1.4 g/kg is recommended.

just slowly add in food to maintain.
no but they say braces can change your jaw position. i never had headaches until after braces.
yea its fine.
yea, you have a lot more energy from the excess food. when your body has excess energy from all food needs met it will move onto sex production.
potentially. looking and then looking away isnt an indicator she likes you. it may be fear but looking back again is an indicator that she likes you and is nervous when you make eye contact with her.
do ppl. shoulder presses and dip bar for chest and shoulders on push, db rows and pullups for back, best for legs will be dumbbell goblet squat but that can be a short term routine until a real gym.
no.
drop barbell rows entirely for while and do dumbbells. it will slowly adjust as best as possible.

Extremely helpful, even if I still FEEL lost I have some more direction and some more stuff/terms to Google now, thank you. I figured I'd limit any actual heavy lifting stuff to two days since I don't want to set unrealistic goals and burn out, but the judo is only 90mins 90mins 60mins a day, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, so I do have time for solo training, like if I chose to do a kettlebell program like the one mentioned. I'm mostly interested in bands for mobility type stuff like one of you said, and for judo drills. So far I've been doing bodyweight stuff and it's helped even with unstable dedication, but I'm enough of a formerly sedentary fatty that it contributes to sporadically sticking to it, so I figure it best to stop putting off strength training until the local sporting goods place finishes opening up, and fix my shitty for my size base strength. 'Sides, the local gym has a climbing wall for dem BLACK HOLE GRIPS.

What's an acceptable amount of cardio to do?
I want to keep a baseline fitness level and also get heart gains, but beyond that I'm not very interested in cardio, so what would be good for these goals?

Not sure what I should be doing right now... 19 yo 80kg (176lbs) 6'1 lifting for 1 year, can do 1/2/3 for one rep, been cutting and maintaining from 90kg (200lbs).

Have some hormone imbalances (had gyno surgery) and most my fat is stored in ass and legs so I look skinny fat so thinking of starting to cut again down to around 73/4kg (165lbs) then lean bulk till I make it?

ok anons, im struggling to hit my macros and am thinking about entering full dirty-bulk mode. currently around 15%bf.
my question is:
>if i wanted to dirty-bulk with 1-3 beers a day as a baseline, how bad would the alcohol fuck my gains?

really the kind of workout you want to be doing depends on the results you want to see and goals you want to achieve, do some research and find out what is best for you

Did I meme myself with Keto?

My TDEE recommended for cut was 1900 cals. I try to get all these from protein / fat. I've been doing this for close to 1.5 months no weight lost at all. Most days I am eating below 1900 (probably 1500-1700).
Can eating too little stifle weight lost? What happened to CICO?!
I've only had maybe two cheat days and those are mostly from alcohol, I only had whisky soda water and MAX 6 in a night. Been doing PPL.

Should I look at raising carbs? I feel like going below 1500 cals is madness.

3 months in here. why didn't you fuckers tell me lifting was so addicting?

it's literally all I fucking think about and rest days just wanna make me kms

How do I wrap a strap around thr barbell for deadlift after doing it for one hand, i.e., how an I meant to do it using only one hand?

Probably a stupid question but since working out for a few months, the beauty marks/flat moles(?) on my back seemed to triple without any sunlight.

Can this be because of diet change, protein/whey intake or lifting in general?

Should i see a doctor about this?

I recently moved and my garage/basement is where I put all my fitness equipment. It's too low to OHP (2.2 meters or something), is there a replacement exercise I can do, instead? seated berbells? I did seated with a long bar, kind of clumsily, because I don't have a decent bench. Do I need to have back support to do OHP seated? Will I fuck up my back if I don't?

no, you can do a seated ohp while sitting on a normal bench, back support is not necessary

So wait, you lift weights 6 days a week, eat less than a girl trying to lose weight, and on top of that you decided to completely elimininate the body's prefered fuel source?

user, I can't tell you why you're not losing weight, but your plan is so fucking stupid I'm wondering if you're even capable of comprehending just how stupid.