>GPP work

Glute back bridge
hollow hold
pullups
reverse hyper
plank
dips
rows

Did anyone catch a screenshot of Sasha Nievas' ass in her recent instagram post? she removed that photo from the slideshow after 10 minutes

160/8 back squat PR today after pretty casual snatching to 100kg. Light for the rest of the week, and then competition macrocycle starts. Excited to transfer strength to the lifts and get back some speed.

Who?

Why don’t wl work strength year around?

Argentinian lifter turned crossfitter

instagram.com/p/Bf9gGa-lBl_/?taken-by=sashunidos

Did you say link?

If you're asking why I don't focus on strength during a competition macrocycle, its because heavy and high volume squatting/pulling/pressing will detract from the ability to do the competition lifts heavy.

Farther out from a meet, I focus on setting rep PRs on squats. Close to a meet, squatting becomes something like 3x2 or working to a daily single with a backoff or three. This keeps the legs strong without taking up much energy, and allows me to focus on dialing in snatch/clean+jerk.

>Weightlifting gym I go to is in the same warehouse/building as a crossfit gym
>Closed for the next three days so the crossfit people can do their elementary school field day shenanigans

Feels bad brehs

Time to go bodybuild at my university gym I guess

>that booty

why dont you just got to uni gym anyways? isnt it free for students?

is nothing special

You might be the dumbest motherfucker on this board right now, which is saying a lot.

My university gym (the generic one anyway) doesn't have weightlifting coaches on hand, while my weightlifting gym does, and I find it way easier to learn through instruction rather than through youtube vids and such

Plus I enjoy the team atmosphere

She’s nasty

To the user who was asking about the study I'm participating in (effect of temperature on salivary cortisol and testosterone, protocol involves salivary swabs and body temp readings during 4x3 squats at 80-85%), I'm sad to say that he won't be able to share my hormone panel with me until after all data has been collected, which could be upwards of 6 months. I'll share it when I get it though. Obviously would have to wait for the full study in order to see anything beyond n=1 of my results

but the booty

She use to have a ass, idk what happened

vegan master race here who /plantbased/ oly lifter here

hi i'm vegan, so i'm louder than everyone else

I really hope this isn't a real program.

Just follow a fucking beginner program.

>beginner

I snatch 100kg and clean and jerk around 120kg. Am I really a beginner ?

AHAHA IS THAT DUDE LIKE 3 FEET TALL WHAT THE FUCK LMAO

hey that was me
that's kind of a bummer, but i'll probably be around for the duration, so nbd really
thanks for the update

if you weigh >56kg then yes

>turned crossfitter
God fucking dammit. She even became blockier like a cf chick.

Good meme

>Want to squat 200kg
>Also don't want to be fat anymore

Not sure what to do here

Those barbells, do they really flex all around for 70 kilos on? How is that not considered gearing for your jerk?

Tough shit, who’s that?

Thats 100kg and womens barbells are thinner

I was just talking about the plates as load (80kg, my bad). I get that they are thinner, but not even cast iron 25mm thick barbells sold for 20 euros flex like those used in this disciplines.

Bump

I want to sell a Rogue gift card. Anyone know where a good place to do that would be?

kek, Sergey Nazarov the chad

wew, squatting as your first session then having another classics session 3 hours later fucking blows

you all know this already but I wanted to confirm it for you (wasn't by choice and made all my lifts anyawy)

Imagine a 200kg barbell that doesnt bend crashing on your shoulders

I snatched with a texas deadlift bar and eleiko PL plates, was pretty fun (albeit stupid)

Dum

Can someone make a gif of Lydia Valentin's newest Instagram Story?

this one

youre a saint

bump

How much do you have to lift to be able to bang that booty

200/240

Anyone home gymers in here? Got a new job last year and bought my first house recently, looking to add a home gym as the first big investment in it. I was thinking of just getting a squat stand or half rack, bumper plates, bar, bench, some type of mats/flooring, and maybe some plyo blocks for jumping and cleans off blocks. Also maybe some strongman stuff like log bar or farmers walk things. Was looking at eleiko and rogue for most of the equipment, but any other brands that are good quality and worth their price?

pssst nsfw

that's not her, is it?

no, I mean sydney goad is way more thick than the one in the right

You're overthinking this

sowwy :(

>can do power variations with heavier weight than classic lifts
Wtf is wrong with me

im new to oly lifts as well!

I went with DHS and I'm pretty happy with it. Seems to be on par with the other IWF certified equipment.

But that's not 200 kg, you dork. The bars used in USAPL would have some bend under that. Only a gimmick bar would flex with under 200 lbs loaded on it.

I found a owl gym, but the owner wants me to rub his program. What do?

Form, breh
Expect your clean to shoot up to your PC relatively quickly once you get the form down

>rub his program.

Learn to pull yourself under the bar properly

probably meant run

Can someone tell me why this is bad ?

nowhere near enough time under tension, also there isn't nearly enough volume for snatch/S&J related mobility/strength activities.

Things like deadlift or guillotine bench don't really functionally translate to snatch or S&J at all. Better alternatives would be snatch pulls, block clean pulls, incline bench, etc.

Also the program neglects cardio, which is a big no-no. cardio improves aerobic recovery and conditions the body to intensive exercise over longer duration. You don't have to run a 10k every day, but at the least do 30-45 min of running or something like 5x2 100m sprints with 100m of rest in between.

$80 for adidas powerlift 3s (.6 inch heel) or should I just get the $140 adipowers (.8 inch heel I think?)?

look for adipowers on ebay, i copped a pair for $60 a while back, like new

The gpp is cardio

Deadlifts do translate to the classics? The fuck do you think the first pull is?

I don’t see what’s wrong with the volume? What would you recommend ?

You sort of have to differentiate, do you mean clean/snatch deadlift or regular deadlift? Because while the former WILL help you with C&J/Snatch, the way you pull conventional deadlifts is way different from the way you pull clean/snatch deadlifts.

Where can I buy those Asics?

>Cardio
>5x2 100m sprints

Ehhhh. Sprints are anaerobic stuff.

recommend me shoes
mine are falling apart

I've been training olympic lifts as a secondary physical activity with martial arts as my main.

Slow and steady progress in the last two years. At the moment I can c&j 125 kg/275 lbs and snatch 80 kg / 175 lbs. My coach has a very nice approach to weightlifting. We worked on my mobility and flexibility a lot and plenty of sets on lighter weights to really get that form in check. In the last two months we have started ramping up the weights in my sets. I think 100 kg / 220 lbs snatch is possible in a year. Good stuff

really happy with romaleo 2, personally

I've heard a lot of good things about the romaleo, I'll see if I can find them for a reasonable price in aus

chances aren't great for that. The reebok wl shoes are supposed to be decent as well for around 200aud. I'd see if you can get a better rate buying off amazon's US site, then shipping internationally

I've been using these for the past few years, and while they've been decent, they're chinese made and are wearing out, also they look a bit weird.

I pull like cleans like my deadlifts.

>inb4 this is wrong tech

Really? Becausee taller lifters will pull in a similar fashion, also I don’t have the short femurs of a china man.

Do you happen to have an example of that form? I'm having a hard time picturing it

m.youtube.com/watch?v=202R_kvv9ts

A heavy wallet.

Is Alan Thrall the GDE of GDEs?

oh I've used those, they're not bad. The pair I used was basically held together with tape

Reminder to do atleast 3 meets a year

I have long limbs and definitely do not pull cleans and deadlifts the same, on cleans my hips are a lot lower and my weight is distributed on balls of feet

not to mention the obvious shit you need to do for pulls and not deadlifts like keep chest open

wtf the bar is like 6" and its almost twice as big as the dude

6ft bar v 5 11 manlet

oww my knee

I'm planning on going to a weightlifting gym this summer
I think I have a decent base - back squat 155, bench 110, deadlift 170 and press about 65kg
What lifts can I do in a normie gym with regular plates to help me prepare? I thought about front squats, push presses and high pulls so far

Overhead squat, plyometrics (mostly jump exercises), Drop snatch

Dunno about high pulls because you will just do them wrong

bump

Post webms and prs lads

?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=202R_kvv9ts

Noooooo u

My sumo deadlift has more ROM than that

I'm about to give up. I just can't catch low. I clean 95 kg and snatch 50 kg but I basically power them and ride them down. Wat do? I have been training by myself for 2 months and film every session. I reach full extension but I just don't know how to perform the 3rd pull. I have tried both light and heavy weights but I always pull to the same height.

Is clean and jerking with a supinated grip a viable option? My biceps are unproportionally strong. Or is it banned

Should I be doing deadlifts as a beginner in olympic lifting? or are clean pulls and other pulls good enough?