Antidepresants vs au natural

Veeky Forumspill me on antidepresants, bros?
Necesary? Bullshit? Part of the zionist agenda?
Also to keep the mods happy tell me what lifts you did today.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qHlLRge45sg
youtube.com/watch?v=kaNO09cPS6c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think antidepressants or over prescribed but can be necessary. Unless you're completely fucked in the head, you can use it to bootstrap yourself out of a rut and later once you get better and get your life in order you can safely stop.
Doing some weighted pullups, rows, shrugs and abs today

Could anti depressants help me calm down, like on dates and shit, and with general social anxiety?

I have self esteem issues I think but in general I feel social pressure and it doesn’t go away
My mind is on over drive sometimes

I would like a break. Trying mediation and shit. Lifting tomorrow.

>Necesary?
Absolutely not.
>Bullshit?
Not entirely. It's not for everyone, only in such despair that they have no means of getting themselves out and sorting their shit.
>Part of the zionist agenda?
only if you're one of the sad fucks that think that not having a good relationship with your father and blaming all your self made problems on his existence, or some such similar bullshit

try all other options first. Antidepressants are no more effective than therapy in the short term, and less effective in the long term. If therapy doesn't work then antidepressants can be good as a last resort, but they can fuck you up too.

youtu.be/qHlLRge45sg

Just came into this thread to say the only reason I watched TNG was for Troi's milkies and also, I didn't lift today. Tomorrow is OHP though

Bumping because I'm going through a rough patch rn and I'm wondering if it will actually help me or everything is a meme.

It’s a meme

Lifting weights makes your brain release feel good chemicals

Take them if you want to commit a mass shooting.

I watched something, can't remember what, but they said depression can be measured on a scale, and on average anti-depressants will make you 1.5 points less depressed whereas having a healthy sleep schedule will make you 6 points less depressed
Just do more during the day and you won't have time to be sad

meditate

take cold showers

youtube.com/watch?v=kaNO09cPS6c

You can get medication for anxiety if it's caused by chemical imbalance obviously but I don't think you should be taking medication if you strictly want to sedate yourself

I like where your head is at. I'm about to go see a head stinker in the coming days and do not want to get wrapped into thst shit.

Just kill yourself instead.

Antidepressants are overprescribed to the point where I'd honestly say abolishing them would be a net gain to society. I've been on them, they don't work. They get rid of depressive thoughts by getting rid of all thoughts, you get foggy and can't think straight.

I did 55 pushups today at the behest of The Golden One.

Take sam-e

Helped my depression a lot

Took anti depress when homeless they just made me want to kill myself.

I played a match if soccer and got really exhausted best feeling in the world

Milk truck dock at Starbase 23.

>best feeling in the world

when I was depressed I found that too. the only problem was that it was speeding down the highway, shitfaced.

They did wonders for me and allowed me to get out of a slump. If you're in a hole and you cant reach or jump to the top it helps for someone to throw you a rope. You still have to climb that motherfucker, its still work but its attainable. Once you're out of the hole you don't need the rope anymore. Just make sure not to fall in again.

If you think you need antidepressants but any of the following apply to you:
>Spend the overwhelming majority of your time indoors and/or in front of a screen
>Little to no exercise
>Poor diet
>Substance abuse (This includes weed, nicotine, alcohol, etc)
>Overweight or underweight
>Poor sleep schedule
>Little to no social interaction outside of work/school
>No hobbies (Video games, watching TV, etc does not count)
Then you need to fix these things before even considering going on any sort of medication. I’m sure at least 90% of people currently on antidepressants fit into at least one of these categories.

For the majority of cases today, depression is the symptom, not the sickness. The sickness is a lazy, gluttonous, unfulfilling life. I don’t understand how somebody who thinks they’re depressed wouldn’t try to change these things first before getting pills for “muh chemical imbalance”

Spot on. Not 12 months ago I was in a position where I actually had friends checking on me every day to make sure i wasn't gonna top myself.

Fixed it by cutting out alcohol, taking vitimin d, eating vegetables, and making sure I ticked of a list of achievements for the day. Washing dishes, putting away clothes, etc.

Just life things.

My doctor and physcologist wanted me to be on SSRIS, but I didn't like the sound of them and decided to not be depressed any more.