Is leaving Veeky Forums the last step before making it, bros?

Is leaving Veeky Forums the last step before making it, bros?

>Last step
It's the first

Yes, I'm sorry Apu, you're going to have to make some real friends.

Yep, Veeky Forums loves you so much, but you need to leave the nest in order to fly... I’m almost there too..

You can never leave here. You can either go back in time and prevent yourself from coming here or kys desu

You can never leave.

I came here when I was 13. I'm 24 now. I learned how to shave while here. I got drunk the first time while here. I lost my virginity while here. Went to my first school dance while here. Broke my first heart while here. And so on.

Literally anything I consider a part of my adult life and some sort of accomplishment has been made while I was shitposting daily. So good luck leaving this place.

You can take the user out of Veeky Forums, but you will never take Veeky Forums out of the user

I'm fairly certain the hivemind has shaped me more as a person than any outside force has, to be honest.

I wasn't ready for this feel

this place taught me about lifting, dieting, programs, books, gym etiquette, cardio, philosophy, fasting, meditation, etc

it's honestly had such a positive impact on my life that it's almost hard to accept that it will inevitably become another vice that I'll feel the need to rid myself of someday

fpbp

Idk what I would be doing on the internet if/when Veeky Forums gets delet

This autist containment forum taught me more than my aloof parents and plebian peers ever could.
I'm more successful in life now, as I don't spend my time partying and chasing thots.
I discovered the women meme early, and as such it's saved me massive amounts of time, money, and heartbreak.
Browsing /pol/ for 3 years straight certainly didn't help my mental stability, but I feel like I'm better off knowing what I do now.
I'm content with life as it is, but I feel completely empty and don't know where to go from this point.
Also, being a Unifag in my early 20s, I don't relate to anyone my age at all.
I feel like I missed out on discovering these things for myself, and missed out on young love and party life.
All those moments lost, like tears in rain.

fpbp

i wasn't ready for these elephant feels

You can't quit Veeky Forums, you can only outgrow it. Being the type of person who doesn't use Veeky Forums means nothing if you still have an urge to visit this site. Until you can successfully open Veeky Forums, snoop around a bit, and go "eh nothing really useful here", you will not have made it.

How the fuck is that a possibility nowadays when there's all the niche boards? You can talk about anything on here, get advice on anything, and spend endless amounts of time.

It just happens, especially when you delve further and further into different hobbies, interests, and methods to keep yourself busy. I don't use the same websites I did in 2008, and it's unlikely I'll still be here in 2028.

Maybe but its the only social interaction I get. Would probably kms out of loneliness otherwise.

Life isn't worth living at all. We are self-replicating bio-robots; lumps of self-aware meat hung on a rack of bones slowly decaying until we die and rot in a grave/crematorium. All we are here to do is consume and reproduce more copies of ourselves, the rest is just drama created by a CULTure/society. It's just - Eat, sleep, shit, work, chase trivial crude, animalistic desires and then die. Once our brain rots we won't even remember any of this nonsense so it will be as if we never even existed. The sad reality is, there is no "positive", there is only the elimination of the negatives. (Negatives instilled by life) E.g - we are hungry, we need food - we are lonely, we crave companionship - we have needs/desires, we seek fulfilment - we are sick/ill, we seek relief/aid. Once one removes all cobwebs of delusion they can see the silliness of life; a bunch of animals eating each other. Things only get worse in time, such as nursing homes, dementia, cancer etc. Also, your better not having kids and making more victims to suffer this slaughterhouse of an existence. All you can do is try and "enjoy" your own life the best you can without causing harm to others and that's about it...but if we we're logical and had no emotional bias we would probably realize it is best to terminate ourselves as soon as possible.

pls delet this from my memory

shit pasta
shit post
shit poster

Damn, this quote really fits how I feel about all of it too. I'm in the exact same situation user, I hope we will make up for it one day.

I just now realized that I've started browsing this site again.
Thanks for the wake up.
Cya

constantly refreshing the catalog has been a habit for years. I haven't found a single fitness community I wanted to join so I just stay here. Veeky Forums is really the only board I browse now.

I was addicted to a different forum that evolved from a forum for a specific computer game. I spent about ten years on it wasting loads of hours there. I quit that place cold turkey about 6 years ago and have only been back when something huge happens. I literally go there, read a few comments and make a couple of posts then leave.

About two years ago I came on Veeky Forums just for fit. It's helped me massively in my quest to make it. Lots of stupid advice but there are some genuine diamonds in the turd. I don't browse any other part of Veeky Forums

I've definitely grown out of being addicted to shit like this place.

I miss the old webforum days.

leaving r9k would be the first step

I found this place when I was 11 or 12. Im 25 now. Idk if you can ever leave. But I don't regret this place. I've learned a lot.

fpbp

You can never leave. Even if you somehow stick to you it your mind will make you go somewhere else like reddit, which is even worse.

>Broke my first heart while here
Maybe it was because you have sex but don't get off Veeky Forums to do it.