Sleep thread

ITT we dicuss sleeping routines.
How much sleep is too much/too little?
Is it good for gains to sleep during the day?
And what about ZMA-sleep? Any good stories?

So, fegs. How are you sleepin?

> Pajeet in the sheets

I'm nervous that I won't get enough sleep which causes me to actually not get enough sleep. Wat do?

Go to sleep

Go to sleep at a regular time.
If you are tired 1 hour after waking up the next morning, go to bed earlier.

I get 8 hours but sleep 3-11 consistently.
Is it bad that I sleep late and wake up late?

>Pajeet in the sheets

The scheduled time doesn't necessarily matter as long as your getting the hours in you should be good. I would say a minimum of 7 max of 9.

How would it be a problem? The only problem would be if you aren't getting enough sunlight.

Any other wagecucks here work overnights? I average about five to six of sleep a day, usually close my eyes around 10 am

It does matter because your circadian rhythms impact your sleep cycles and how long you are able to stay asleep for

It's been happening for some time (basically ever since I started lifting hard). I always go to bed at regular intervals (8PM, get up after 4 AM). Sometimes it's okay, sometimes I can't fall asleep and/or wake up multiple times during the night.

I was gonna take zma + melatonin tonight will I die?

I work 3rd shift every 3rd week (10PM-6AM)
Haven't done it yet, but abut to start soon, need some tips on survival

I work nights, its hard to adjust especially if I take vacation but I started taking tons of vitamin d3 since I don't see the sun for weeks at a time. Compared to my coworkers I probably get the best sleep but I work out after work almost every morning, I make sure to at least get 8 hours.

I also sleep with a shirt over my head to block out sun and I think it actually helps me not toss and turn so much, but I generally wake up once a day to use the bathroom.

If you have trouble sleeping and just stay in bed all night for almost like 9 hours without getting a hour of sleep just do this

>go to bed at 9pm every night
>Get up at 3am no naps
>don't drink caffeine until you have done this for a long while
Now you raped your body into adapting to use the amount of time you have in bed to sleep i fall asleep in under 10 mins just do this for a while and add hours of sleeptime later

> be me little less than a year ago
> insomnia
> finally crack, get hammered just to fall asleep
> insomnia disappears
> keep drinking, gets out of hand, eventually spend half a year getting drunk almost nightly
> finally kicked the habit
> 75 days in, insomnia comes back

Here I am again.

I have sleep paralysis so I always sleep on my back because I’m afraid I’ll suffocate if I sleep on my stomach.

Try this? Forcing the routine works for me, my body reaches a point where it just accepts it's fate.

I had insomnia from meth for a long time and i think i adapted to sleeping less it took me like 2 years off the drugs to be able to fall asleep consistantly sleep isn't as necessary as people think it's easy to function without it and even have a bunch of energy it's just a nacebo for most people they don't sleep and they think their tired just do it for like a year and don't nap or drink coffee

This meme makes no sense since 90%+ of sleepers are either back or side sleepers

Might be overtraining...

Bro's whomst don't sleep too much, I get home from work and go to bed at 9AM and then wake up at 2:30-3PM. I take a little bit of melatonin and drink a decent bit of water before I go to bed. This is a decent way to maximize your sleep and have an easier time waking up in my experience.

What's the consensus on the belief that humans used to sleep in two intervals with a two hour period in between where one was awake?

Nigger if you sleep on your side your shoulders get narrower

First time working out properly in almost 6 months and first time lifting in two years. Had a bath and a big (over 1.5k cal) dinner after. I feel so sleepy and calm now and it's still 3 hours before the time I've been falling asleep lately. Is this normal?

Has anyone tried mouth taping to stop mouth breathing at night? Always wake up with dry tongue and its meant to help you wake up more rested. But I'm scared of suffocating in my sleep.

maybe with your pussy bones

Are you retarded? Everyone is sleepy after a big meal and a relaxing bath.

Is getting 8 hours of sleep enough if I wake up every 2-3 hours because of cats or having to per?

You tell us. How do you feel?

Get block out shades. Makes it look like night time.

I'm not sleepy but im worried I'm not recovering enough for my workouts from the lack of REM. My lifts were stalling but i started eating more, just not sure if sleep is also an issue

marcus aurelius slept on the floor

At least make the virgin vs Chad meme helpful.

>Regular sleep schedule
>Room is as dark as possible. Blackout curtains, no LED's.
>Room temperature at 60 degrees or colder. Extra blankets for /cozy/ comfort
>Back sleeping is the optimal posture
>Clean sheets/pillow
>Limited blue light exposure in the evening
>No drinking, eating or lifting within 2 hours of bedtime
>Stretch before getting into bed
>Read a book before sleeping instead of phoneposting
>A high end mattress isn't necessary, but it's important to avoid shitty ones

Why is it that sometimes I wake up before my alarm, and other times I'm like a fucking zombie in the morning and can barely get out of bed?

t. same bed time and wake up time every day

I sleep on my stomach and although I'm weak as fuck, I just wanted to tell you to go fuck yourself.

who has the time to draw such a shit pic anyway?

I currently sleep on my front, how do I transition to sleeping on my back?
I've been starting off by lying on my back until I fall asleep, but I end up turning over because I wont get enough sleep otherwise.

I will get hate for this, but: you should always sleep as much as your body wants to sleep. This means waking up when your sleep cycle ends, rather than when your alarm goes off. Your growth hormone surges when you sleep. If you cut back the time you sleep, you won't get the full benefits of GH. GH is an important factor in muscle gains. Not to mention your energy levels will be lower all day if you cut back on sleep.

You should always follow your natural sleep cycle. If you are a night person, stick with that, and lift in the evening as night people's energy levels surge after the sun does down. Just drinking and partying doesn't qualify you as a night person though. I'm talking about what your body does on its own, without the influence of drugs and alcohol. If you are a morning person, lift first thing.

Not a belief. Pretty well documented. Works better if you have servants to do mundane tasks for you, and you can spend your time pursuing your interests.

ZMA gives me extremely vivid nightmares

>tfw bedbug family in my bed
I kill them when i catch them but i know they breed like rabbits so i feel like i cant win the war.
What can i do besides throwing the mattress?

if I sleep 4 hrs at night will it affect my gainz?

try some Diatomaceous Earth. Bed bugs seemed to ween after i put some between my bed-spring and mattress

uh oh

How do I sleep on my back and not stomach?

I can't fall asleep at all unless I am sleeping face down, however I wake up on my back every single time.

I used to have insomnia.
I went to the doctor to get something to help me sleep, she gave me trazodone. Works really well to help you get to sleep. However, the next time I went to the doctor, I saw a different doctor and she suggested that it could be I have anxiety keeping me awake, and she put me on an antidepressant which I still take to this day.

Now though, what puts me to sleep is my antipsychotic, I have to take it at bedtime, otherwise I don't sleep.

You need to nuke the whole room most likely user
By nuke i mean blast heat into it by either washing with hot water or something hot

please b memeing, i mostly sleep on my side

Ask a high quality sleeper anything

>estimated contour of nose

oy vey what do you mean?! how do I downvote this garbage

When you mouth tape make sure to get a close pin for your nose. This William really help in advancing your gills

> exlusive side sleeper
> tried ab machine
> couldn't get full reps because shoulders kept hitting the handlebars