/plg/ - powerlifting general

/plg/ - powerlifting general: Mr Sneaky Edition

ITT: discussion on how to get better at bench press, squat and deadlift for the express purpose of competing in your IPF approved underpants. Or just for funsies, it's up to you.

the following are allowed and encouraged:

routines
form checks
accessory discussion
appropriate memes
feels
Trying Your Hardest

the following are expressly forbidden and discouraged:

shit form
that one pudgy loser
5/3/1 meme shit
Not trying hard
Arch/sumo/equipped autism

let's get things started with a classic:

WAWTT?
WAWET?
WAWLTT?
WAWFT

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BYWkjDeBNfD/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>WAWTT
Squat, bench and row on SS. Coming back in from shoulder pain and ive lost a lot of motivation.
>WAWET
Dirty bird for lunch, steakette burgers for dinner
>WAWLTT
Listened to judas priest - painkiller for the first time in 6 months
>WAWFT
Tfw no gf

>WAWTT
Singles at deadlifts, shit ton of benching, rows and tricep.
>WAWET
Breakfast eggs with bread and honey ham. Plus some veggies. Later gonna eat big.
>WAWLTT
Whitesnake - still of the night
>WAWFT
Tfw shit bench

>training
Last day of Nuckol's free 3xint-med-meme

>eating
Made some delcious pasta yesterday, will make it again today. Pasta with sauce made from mushrooms fried on the pan, then put some bacon that you tear in small pieces in, and some spinach and then cook it all in cream in the pan. I grated some parmesan into it as well, and then again on top when I finished making it. Very good.

>listening to
Just about to put on some Rammstein actually, downloaded some new songs I never heard before

>feeling
>tfw just recently got a gf and had sex for the first time and now I really really want to have sex with her but she is busy today and tomorrow

I also want to try equipped lifting, one of the lads at my club said his old suit might fit me, going to be fun

>WAWTT?
Heavy day today on HLM, so working up to heavy singles for squats, and then some diddlies. Also running Smolov Jr for bench.
>WAWET?
Been eating nothing but canned fish lately. Sardines and kippers with hot sauce again today.
>WAWLTT?
CHON
>WAWFT?
Tfw losing strength while cutting. I'm down 20lbs in 2 months, which is great, but now I'm failing at weights I used to warm up on. Feels bad bros. I could be more conservative with the cut but am impatient and would like to stop being fat ASAP.

Going to fall for your meme and eat whole package of rice crackers before my workout. Bench be better flying today

>WAWTT
Squat 85-95% 5x2
Deadlift Machine 200kg 3x10
Hypers 2x30
Sling Pulldowns 2x20
Cable sling row 2x20

>WAWET
Probably mcdonalds for lunch and chicken curry for dinner
>WAWLTT
Whatever is on the radio in the car
>WAWFT
Tired

Equipped is very fun but the first time sucks because yiu won't be ready for how uncomfortable (at first it's positively painful) and frustrating it is. You probably won't do a legal lift for some time depending on the suit and your skill. And at first it's hard on the way down, hard on the way up.

But when you get it, you make beginner gains again.

Then you forget it, and you feel like a piece of shit.

And then you get to be really elitist to rawmies because they can't understand the roller-coaster ride you go through and stay stupid rawmie stuff like hurf forklifts, cheater ribbons, you're going to be in a nanosuit one day, I want to see how strong I am not my clothes etc. Which desu I find absolutely hilarious now because I used to say it and it reminds me of how ignorant I was.

Single ply hurts and cuts in, multiply just feels like comfy compression because of the extra layers

just gib it some time before workout, hour or so

Yeah, will grab them on my lunch break and will snack on those bad boys

Do you guys have any simple fit cookbook recommendations with listed macros and calories? I cook my meals 90% of the time, but they ALWAYS taste bland, I can eat them and everything, but I just never enjoyed food that I've made thwt I would actually look forward to eating again.

Sounds fucked, but I'm looking forward to it. The suit in question is old and worn, so I guess that makes it a little more forgiving, but we'll have to see if it fits first.

We're trying to make a community for equipped in my club, since we recently got a really nice upgrade to the gym (at the uni) and more people start showing interest and such.

squuuuuuuiiiiiiiiishhhhhhhh PLOOOP

Brrrrpffffttt
Squiiiiiiiiiiisssssshhhhhhhhh plop!

Disposing some Norman khan right now

Honestly the khan isn't exploding out like I thought it would

I could have disposed it last night but held it in for this morning but now it's not as willing, I'm really forcing it out here

Stink factor 2.0 / 10

I remember Sean talking with some sense, every week its getting worse for him

I want to die

Honestly poop posting was a step up for him

>WAWTT?
rest day
>WAWET?
gallon of milk
oats
potatoes
>WAWLTT?
grimes
>WAWFT
very tired after sleeping 10 hours

>WAWTT?
>WAWET?
>WAWLTT?
>WAWFT
What the fuck does this mean?

I dont fucking understand this stupid diet bullshit

I fucking eat 3000 calories a day when all my calculators say I have a 3300-3000 calorie maintinance and I wake up today at 95 despite being like 98 like saturday, now I know I was heavy on food and wTer but where the fuck does 3kg go and why was I 97.5kg like 2 or 3 weeks ago

Fuck cutting, retarded ass bullshit

In other news my arms and legs are still just as big

no one cares

Its not hard to count what you put into dishes

If you cant make staples taste good you are a dingle

I felt that way about the fury/ f6, the rage x, and the TRX squat suit.

But the super katana and the super centurion are much more comfortable because they cut in considerably less. I'd guess multiply is just that but more.

Anyway, single ply is real PL.

Projection of irrelevance

@45049103
So predictable. Like a little annoying robot.

I dunno how you and Gbro have so much flucatation, the most flucations i've ever had was 4kg after 1-2 days but that was with me literally doing RFL 2.0 cut which was essentially 600-800 cals with 180g p, 15c, 15f. Otherwise normal cuts max is a 1kg fluctuation

>single ply is real PL

Despite training with 2 multi guys and competing in a fed where single is rare i agree with this statement

At one point the only thing that existed was single ply, people need to remember that

I remember seeing OP picture of different weights and it said Twink in every category, does someone have that picture?

I fluctuate about a kilo nowadays, i dont take anything that makes me hold a lot of water anymore

What is this

Makes sense, tried out the meat man steaks and sausages btw pretty good stuff especially the sausages. Might be converted if the chicken and mince are as good as the other stuff.
What are we training,eating, listening, feeling

Thanks

No more 0.5kg of salt?

its the salt panzer eats garbage all day

>caffeine headache
fuck this.. I'll have a cup of tea at least to milden it

>WAWTT

Machine bench and OHP, ezbar tricep extension, deadlifts, and pulldowns.

>WAWET

High carb day, praise Jesus.

>WAWFT

Just woke up after a good night's sleep. Feels good so far. I'm hoping the snow is bad enough that we leave work early, but not bad enough that the gym closes. I drive a truck, so I can still make it home.

Never did pal

>I remember Sean talking with some sense
You sure about that lad?

Daily reminder that if you lift equipped then you are compensating for a lack of social development

>WAWTT (tomorrow)
Squat
3@305
3@345
3+AMRAP @390 (cap at 8)
3x5@305

SLDL
8-8-6 @ 225, 260, 295

Ab Rollouts

thanks jim

Yeah you did 0.5kg of salt, pepper and bread.

Pls be in kgs, otherwise lmoa jimposter btfo

I did some lifts today :)

I'm in shape currently to squat 500 while only squatting once per week for 30 minutes. How about you?

I squat more than you whilst not being a sperg

>not being a sperg

>I squat more than you
Currently, maybe. Give me a couple more months.
>whilst not being a sperg
Lmao. We're all spergs here, sperg.

>not being a sperg
Let's not get carried away now

Okay, point taken.

While not following a meme routine by an iron life LARPing joke. Muh North of Vag. Muh run lift fuck.

>While not following a meme routine
Do you forget that you ran ph3?

>i'm in shape
Are you, can you run 1km in sub 2:40?

Only ironically. I always said it was stupid.

>i'm in shape
>Are you, can you run 1km in sub 2:40?
Find me a single human being that can concurrently squat 500 pounds to depth and run a 2:40 1K. Doesnt exist.

I can clock a mile under 7, and I have good work capacity for life, work, family, hobbies, and obligations.

Oh i thought 5/3/1 allows to train conditioning. I think someone was skipping their work. Even jimposter can't follow 5/3/1 right lmao.

Defending Jim faggot here. At 100kg the best I could do was a 6:30 mile after training for a long ass time.

Only run fags and twinks can top that

>Oh i thought 5/3/1 allows to train conditioning. I think someone was skipping their work. Even jimposter can't follow 5/3/1 right lmao.
You're showing incredible ignorance here. A 2:40 1k is nearly 60 second quarter mile pace for somebody that is not training specifically for running.

Having a flexible training program means you can put emphasis on a few different qualities at once. Right now my focus is on rebuilding strength and maintaining conditioning. You can't do everything at once. It's a push-pull.

When I get tired of building up my strength, I will probably cut weight and put more emphasis on conditioning and endurance.

That's the second diarrhea dump I've done in the gym toilet in the space of a month.

What is it about the gym that makes me have explosive diarrhea?

Caffeine?

Fuck you Yakob. Fell for your meme and ate more carbs than I would normally do. Having brain fog and massive urge to shit. Never again

Oh yeah you're actually right

how about weight gain?

You need more caffeine

people feel different on high/low carbs

something something genetics

i feel like a ball of energy on high carbs

Ian the Rhino guy, crossfit elite competitor and powerlifter with ~600 squat. He trains in hybrid performance gym

instagram.com/p/BYWkjDeBNfD/

Competes in crossfit games

>Ian the Rhino guy,
He's got impressive strength and conditioning, but he is not going to run a kilometer in 2 minutes and 40 seconds.

>not accustomed
>didnt take shit

Not my fault

Have you ate honey tho?

Newfag to powerlifting here and I got a question about lifting gear.
So far I reached a 2.5 plate squat and 3.5plate diddlylift and I don't use any lifting gear currently. Yet people around me who lift less are using belts and knee support during their lifts. Am I doing it wrong?

Are you now a dyel if you can't run a kilomile in 2 minutes 40 seconds

No, they're doing it wrong/it probably doesn't matter anyway.

Nope, dont spend money unless you need it. I didnt buy belt till 4pl8 dl and 160kg squat and sleeves till 4pl8 squat

Pic related is my game plan for Sunday.

Any good powerlifting 5 days per week programs out there?

Do whatever the fuck you want no one cares.

3x upper 2x lower

No, they've just got more expendable income than you more likely.

Yeah, but brainlet here and I need to follow a certain programme

3 x upper 2 x lower RPE

no you're fine, I didn't belt up until 315 squat/485 deadlift

but imo you should get belt and sleeves sooner rather than later

Not my problem

Why the Fuck are you answering my question when I specifically asked for powerlifting programmes? Get fucked and die cunt

>130kg bench

>Yeah, but brainlet here and I need to follow a certain programme
This book has a 5 day template. Just one option out of many.

Injured.

Yeah i told you already 3x upper 2x lower.

Fair. What did you injure?

I got a belt at 60kg dead

i bet you ate something like donuts and thought it was pure carbs

You also started roiding at 230kg swuat

how else would your pants stay up?

Garage 'needing cpap mask to sleep' bro
Garage 'belt for 60kg dl' bro
Garage '0.5kg of salt each day' bro
Garage '100 reps of upper back' bro
Garage 'i have to work harder because od roids' bro

Lmao

TFW have to do uni comp at saturday but i want to squat heavy today

kinda same here as well got belt at about 90kg for squat (215 @ 88 currently), honestly don't see reason against it

his bench

Can you tell me the numbers that youre allowed to roid at, ill come off

Left shoulder, long term thing. Latest physio sessions suggest it's something to do with the tricep, and with it not contributing what it should at the bottom end of the ROM/under full stretch making my pec/pec minor/bicep get overworked stabilising when the bars on my chest.
Makes sense why putting a lot of work into my arch (hence reduced ROM) allowed me a period of pain free progress through 2016.
So hopefully after this comp a lot of tricep work to improve strength & size, tempo work to desensitize the movement and really working the arch/tightness/positioning should solve it.