QTDDTOT

Questions that don't deserve their own thread

>Has an optimal time of day for workouts ever been studied?

Heard it is between 12:00 and 14:00 somewhere can't rember the source. Seems reasonable assuming you get in two meals beforehand, any later and you will just be a little extra tired. If you want any study results just google it.

I do Stronglifts 5x5 followed up by 10 minutes of HIIT, and go to the gym every other day to do it. I avoid sugar except for the odd can of energy drink, and make sure to get at least my body weight in grams of protein per day. Am I gonna make it?

Stop posting disgusting fat thots.

nope, that's not nearly enough volume

What if my definition of making it is just losing enough body fat for muscles to show definition, and building muscles up to a good looking size?

Who would win in a fight masT or Isley?

sundown. There is a natural urge to muscle through whatever you're doing so you can go seek shelter for nightfall.

If I do a high intensity high frequency method to boost my bench (almost bulgarian style), will I need to include more back work for balance on top of regular back work?

Doing a PPL routine based on coolcicada’s workout for the past couple weeks. It only takes roughly half an hour each day but surely that can’t be right? The weights I’m using are just comfortable enough to do the lifts with proper form, but not enough to struggle finishing a set. Also resting for a minute between sets.

>amidoinitrite??

OP you want to let you spine fill with fluid and your muscles warm up, breakfast completely digest before you lift, lifting after lunch is probably the absolute best
this is correct

Is it ok to drink water in between sets ?

Not even trolling: Anyone here having difficulty losing weight because of a fat fetish?

Seriously, this shit is torture. My brain hates looking in the mirror, but my dick loves when I eat massive meals. Help. Fuck my life

Yea maybe try taking slightly longer rests

Depends on sleep schedule, and is different for different people. Thinking you're working out at the right time does literally as much if not more than actually optimizing tho

stop drinking energy drinks

yes

Isley is way stronger and masT is a manlet isley all the way

Whats the best form for barbell rows. I've seen people say take the barbell to your hips/belly button area and others say bring it the bottom of the pecs. Also Im still fat with a belly so should I just jam it into my stomach. If I just barely touched my gut thats like a 1/2 rom

whats the most financially feasible way to obtain your own workout equipment?

I like lifting but hate being around gym people, also racks are expensive

Craigslist, facebook, flea markets?

Elbows should be 90 degrees I believe

On the flipside, where on the internet can I go to sell fitness-related stuff? I have this Rogue Fitness gift card I wanna sell, but I have no idea where to post it besides CL and reddit.

I have a small cut right on my ass crack that is like an inch or so above my asshole. I've had it for a few weeks and it won't heal. What do?

What are common symptoms of low T? I think I might be on the lower side so I want to get tested but I need to give at least some reasons for the doctor to give me a blood test.

If you squat will you rip in half?

Tell him you're depressed, short tempered, and your benis is malfunction.

tell him the reasons you think you "might be on the lower side"

Whats the easiest way to cook chicken breast? I've never done anything more complicated than fry an egg or boil pasta.

George Foreman grill is hands-down the easiest, I use it every day. The method I use is to cut it up into little chunks, put a little water or broth in a skillet and simmer it till it's cooked, which takes about 5 mins.

Is a pronated barbell curl a suitable replacement for hammer curls?

the other* method I use

I dont know, but i usually go at 6AM or 8PM, and today i went at 11AM having eaten eggs and coffee at 8:30 and my lifts and energy were through the roof. It felt like i was throwing weights around instead of lifting them. If only i were unemployed.

I've done pre 5am, 9am and 3pm and I've generally felt the best in the AM and pre breakfast.

I like to get up have breakfast and coffee wait about an hour have more coffee and hit the gym around 10

If you can lift 100kg with each hand, does that automagically mean you can lift 200kg with both hands or will there be bottlenecks such as legs/back/shoulders? Could your max with two hands even be more than 2x what you can lift with one hand?

im getting pepper sprayed tomorrow, how will this affect my gains

To my knowledge, not directly.

There are studies assessing factors that one might infer influence the 'ideal' time of day to exercise and some practical things to consider.

In the morning testosterone levels TEND to be higher in men. Some studies suggest pain tolerance is higher for young men earlier in the day, which could be viewed as positive or negative.

People have mentioned the spinal fluid distributing after you get up from laying down, so this would suggest the best time to avoid spinal injury would be after you have been standing up for awhile. Couldn't find any studies on it in my short search though.

It is important to pick a time in which you will actually workout, and stick with it. The body will adapt to your rhythm, being inconsistent will hurt more than missing the 'ideal' gym time. It seems worth noting that most people aren't eating ~20g of protein with some carbs every 2 hours post workout to optimize their gains and that actually has some scientific basis. If you aren't doing that I wouldn't consider the time of day your optimization issue.

You aren't coordinating your muscles to lift together if you strictly lift 100kg with each hand. Someone who is just brute strength will lift much less of their potential max the first month or two in the gym simply because their muscles need to learn the new patterns and coordinate the motor unit firing and relaxing.

This is just speaking of the active muscle groups, you will also be constrained by the ability of your core to stabilize if it is a compound exercise.

You trying to get free sterons sir?

You realize tax payers have to pay for your free sterons?

Just roid on your own budget, punk.

Idk
Your keeping your sugar craving alive by having a your sugary drink.
You probably will find your lack off progress frustrating and loose your discipline

What are good macros for clean bulk? My TDEE is around 2550 and i'm eating about 2800 cals

how do i start working out?

0.8-1.5x lean body mass in protein, then adjust fat and carbs depending on workout. if you do more cardio type workouts then more carbs would be useful, otherwise may be better to have lower carbs

nigga the fuck are you doing holy shit

What's better for deadlifting? Barefoot, flat shoes or oly lifting shoes

Is it bad to go to the gym every day and lift if i'm not particularly sore and focus on different body parts? does the body need rest from all lifting to repair and grow?
>GROW GROW GROW

if i do 3x10 and i can do 10 reps on the first set but only like 7-8 on the next ones, should i take longer breaks or just keep doing what im doing until i can do all 3, or what?

drink 0 cal monsters
add more accessory work outs to strong lifts
we're all gonna make it brah

depends.
Do you compete/plan on competing in powerlifting? If so, get wrestling shoes- you can get a pair for about as cheap as chucks, but as opposed to chuck Taylors, their insoles aren't actually compress-able
Otherwise barefoot is fine
I wouldn't recommend deadlifting in oly shoes unless you're an oly lifter and deadlift specifically for carryover to your clean

I-It's just my curse user

Just a recreational lifter.

I was deadlifting wearing oly shoes today and someone told me I was arching my back (I think he saw the last rep only, it was a pretty bad one, but I'm not sure). I then tried to do so for a single barefoot and my form was okay (couldn't do more since I was tired. Plus, I think shoes of any kind do make the lift easier).

I didn't think that the slightly raised heel could potentially make that much of a difference desu, but I'll just wear flat shoes then - I don't think I need to lower the weight if I wear flat shoes, right? (I'm not sure since I'm cutting with a 1k calorie deficit, so it would be normal if I had to).

Hafthor bjornsnson didnt start strongman until he was like 19 and is now one of the top in the sport. If i train hard in oly lifting will I be able to do the same?

How long does a post workout swole last? Gotta date tomorrow, and it's deadlift day

So I can eat a bunch of fat if I'm doing SS?

Am I lean enough that if I do ab exercises I'll be able to see them? 5'9 150 lbs

No. I'm 5'11 and 145 (Just started going back to the gym) and I'm still working on defined abs.

Nah, the only thing oly shoes do to your deadlift is change your leverages slightly-if you're stronger or weaker in heels it's probably because of already existent strength reacting to said change, so no I don't think you need to drop weight significantly if you're used to lifting in heels and switch to flats/barefoot, though being in a caloric deficit as you described may result in your overall strength taking a hit, anyways, so I'd recommend maybe taking a bit of extra time warming up next time to reacquaint yourself with the cues of deadlifting with flat feet.

Hmm alright, what weight should I try to cut to?.

the important thing is to actually grow a few inches. That should help your gains friend.

A manlet can dream I suppose

$80 for adidas powerlift 3s (.6 inch heel) or should I just get the $140 adipowers (.8 inch heel I think?)? Plan on using them for squats, bench, and olympic lifts

I got drunk as fuck, then went into rage mode at a bar and got banned after shit talking the bouncer and crying in an alley (I think I was fkn drugged)... how good are bouncers at recognising faces and how long should I wait to return to that bar? It's a pretty nice place and this was about 5 months ago. I'm thinking may would be fine since it would be 7 fkn months... What you guys think?

Well the powerlifts are a *powerlifting* shoe, but if you plan on oly lifting to any degree of seriousness, then I say invest in the actual oly shoes.

Ive been doing practical programming for a bit have an extremely weak ohp and bench relative to my other lifts. Is it possible to switch squats for bench until I catch up?

You can find the adipowers in Adidas CLEARANCE stores, NOT outlets but clearance stores. I bought the black/white version and the red/black version for 89$ each brand new.

Veeky Forums - fitness and health

>going to /adv/ for advice
If rather ask you roid monkeys than 13 year old girls

I think you can increase testosterone naturally by lifting weights and eating healthy.
Also lose weight if you are fat.

At this point you should consider a psychologist. You're not mentally strong enough to keep your fetish at bay.

any stretches or exercises to build wrist or arm mobility or whatever is needed to be able to front squat and clean? The only way I come close to resting the bar on shoulders is by holding the bar with my thumb, which I don't want to do when the weight gets higher

Yes, that's what I think too.

Thanks, user!

>lifting heavy*

Easiest is to chuck it in the over. Better yet buy the whole boneless chicken fillet and cook that in the oven.

pls respond

It would be extremely painful

eweeweeweewe

I have lost roughly 25lbs (255lb starting) since January 1st, why am I so depressed as of late?

if you were obese you basically rewired your brain to associate food with happiness. now you've deprived your body of food, depriving your brain of happiness.

just keep cutting user, i have faith you'll make it

gymnastic rings

I keep feeling a strong pull in my pecs during bench, especially so when touching the bar to my chest. During this last session I may have gotten stretch marks because of it. How do I un-fuck my bench form without a spotter?
t. dumbbell user who's transitioning for easier+safer progression

Is there a proven routine for girls that have a flat ass?

Girls shouldn't train that differently from men, but of course the exercise selection may look a little different.

For example while a guy may pick a front squat and a rackpull to work his quads and posterior chain respectively, a girl may choose a split squat and a sumo deadlift instead. Same thing but different, since the emphasis is shifted to the hips.
And while a guy may choose isolation exercises for his shoulders and arms, a girl may choose exercises for her butt instead e.g. donkey kicks or lateral band walks.

So Veeky Forums this is my 7th month of lifting. I've hit 1pl8 OHP and 2pl8 bench. I don't squat and barely deadlift (at 335x5 now). Anyway I'm almost 190 lbs at 6'1. I look good with a shirt on but meh shirtless. I'm not satisfied with my size yet. Should I cut a bit for summer or keep the bulk going? I'd say I'm around 18-20% bf now.

user is right. Training specificity is key. If you have a goal, as a girl, to have a nicely formed butt; then you better do specific exercises to attain that goal.

Clean your room and sort yourself out.

Probably think about cutting to 15 before thinking about bulking. from 20% on it looks shit, so why risk it.

Optimally, the body's performance is best when periodization is implemented in your training routine. It's been proven that rest is needed to continually increase performance.

at what bf% will my chin fat go away and my face look thinner?

brainlet question here:
i need to find what my working weight should be.

should i just repeatedly do x5 sets on the first day or start off with just the barbell and increase by 5lbs after every workout?

Do 5 reps. If easy and smooth, add weight and do 5 reps. Repeat this process until bar speed slows down markedly.
Basically you want to end up with a weight that's heavy enough to require some effort, but isn't really challenging (yet). It'll become tough soon enough.

I only got two hours of sleep last night lads

Should I even fucking bother going to the gym later or save it for tomorrow

Had to lay off ohp cos I tweaked my neck
Gonna go back at em again, what should I keep in mind so I don't tweak it again

whats the optimal range of motion for preacher curls? I go just below parallel, a tad over 45°

Can't say for sure, but check your t-spine mobility.

Also, make sure you don't have forward head posture during the lift. Maintain a slightly tucked chin.
Lastly, check if you can rotate your head freely to both sides during the lift (DON'T do this during max attempts, only on warm up sets). If you're restricted in doing so, you're doing something funny with your neck/upper back muscles.

And of course warm up properly!

There are sites that buy gift cards. Might try one of those.

Optimal range of motion is full range of motion. An argument can be made not to flex all the way up since this removes the tension because gravity obviously only pulls downwards. But you definitely want to extend your elbows completely ie. go all the way down and get a good stretch. This might bother your elbows but if that's the case, then don't do preacher curls in the first place.