That guy who majored in business/economics

>that guy who majored in business/economics

>That guy who fell for the STEM meme

>that guy who went to a University without knowing what he wanted to do with his life

i'm currently finishing my major in economics and I already have a pretty decent job offer, so go fuck yourself

>that guy who erroneously capitalizes the u in university

What is wrong with economics?

Doesn’t teach you any technical skills to differentiate you from the thousands of other applicants that apply

I'm not racist or anything, but when I noticed 80% of my class were mexicans, I knew I had to change my major.

You went to university to become a Secretary, jeez boy

Maybe if you go to a shit uni

>that guy who doesn't major in CS

So, what technical skills does economics teach you that are useful in the workforce?

a professor actually, but whatever makes you feel better boy.

>That Guy Who Doesn't Just Capitalize Every Word

>Financial analysis
>How to read a balance sheet
>How to make smart investments
>How to calculate taxes

Econ teaches you plenty, so go fuck yourself.

>he unironically thinks that being able to read market/economy patterns and predict what's gonna happen in the near future isn't useful for businesses

das me xD

> he thinks economics is just supply and demand
lel

double major economics/econometrics mustard race here

This is a job that any decent software engineer could also excel at.

The same can’t be said if the roles were reversed.

>This is a job that any decent software engineer could also excel at.
you're saying that based in what?
i've literally never heard of any software engineer doing market analysis for a business

>econometrics
My nigga.

Double major in Econ/stats graduating next year and have already done two internships and have a job lined up all in the field of economics and finance.

If you actually engaged in your studies and took care to acquire the skills you need maybe you wouldn't spend you time creating pointless threads on an anime fitness board

They teach you how to use the software to analyse this shit. Fair enough, a software engineer would pick it up easy too but they don't know what to look for. If they did then there'd be a lot more software engineers in finance or working at the fed

why would they do that when software engineering is more relaxed and also pays competitively?

>they don't know what to look for
that's something anyone with good quantitative analysis and problem solving abilities could easily learn.

and these are both skills that software engineers have in spades.

Yeah, could

Software engineers don't know beyond economics 101, if they even do that

>that guy who fell for the “study for your dream job” meme

>implying you can't learn to code in like 2 months online

Lmao thinking the salaries between software engineering and finance are comparable

so everyone?

Analysis of the business cycle? Pricing models? Fuck just a reasonable grasp of statistics sets you apart from 99% of the workforce.

t. Econ undergrad, PhD statistics. 170k salary plus bonus right out of grad school (had three standing job offers waiting).

>implying you need to be able to code at all
just be a girl

what in the everloving fuck does any post in this entire thread have to do with fitness

(t. butthurt unemployed economics major)