How stupid would I look using my college pool to try to learn to swim? Do people even do that...

How stupid would I look using my college pool to try to learn to swim? Do people even do that? Learn to swim on their own?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/evjMr
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

swimming is so easy that even a dog can do it

just slowly move your arms and legs in a circle and you'll do it

you'll look like a retard learning to swim at 20+ years anywhere

just jump in the water and stay calm, your natural instincts will take over and you will learn

is she hiding a feminine, pic related?

People will judge you. They always do, but they will forget you within minutes off leaving the pool like they always do.

Watch a few guides on utube before u go. You will have it sorted pretty quick.

Breeeeeeeeh

kek

NIgger, people's natural instincts when they don't know how to swim causes them to drown

Don't worry about how you will look. You have to learn to swim eventually and sooner is far better than later.

What is this

Looks like a navel to me, user.

Fuck anyone who says you’ll look dumb.
You might look dumb right then but never having to say “I can’t swim” is totally worth it

Looks like flab

If he dies, he dies

Cloth, there’s one on the other side too, you penis fetishist

>notices bulge
oWo

>nose ring
absolute degenerate

28 yo, cant swim and dont really want to learn it, dislike shitty water chlorinated getting into the eyes, nose, ears, also being less than 10% bodyfat means if water is not warm enough I start shivering almost immediately so swimming in the sea/ocean is not gonna happen anyway.

Why type up that long list of excuses if you don't care about not being able to swim to begin with?

You'll look stupid for sure, that's the price you gotta pay though. Look up how to do a simple breaststroke. Also make sure other people are there so you don't drown yourself.

Taught my gf and my roommate to swim at the university pool and my apartment pool. No one gave a shit. Get a friend and go.

Because cope

Just don't drown, and you'll be fine

Approaching 28 here can't swim.

You only have one life u fucking spaz. Who the fuck cares what other people think. Those people mean nothing to you

that isn't very nice, ivan

Learn to swim at the beach, see how far you can make it from the shore then swim back. It is the best method.

You know what they say. Through yourself in the deep end. It is unironically the best way to learn to swim.

>im new here

Are you a nigger or something?

Because I have seriously never met a white person over 12 who can't swim.

See if the college pool offers swim lessons. Compared to someone who learned to swim as a kid, yeah, you will look stupid, but in group swim lessons, you won't be the only one.

Also, better to look stupid while learning vs. stupid while drowned.

Is that you in the swimsuit? Totally hawt.

Get someone to show you the basics and give you feedback as you try.
Just as with squatting, it can be pretty hard to get the correct form without help.

People with rescue-diver or instructor certs are usually pretty good teachers since they been taught to be calm and rationale instead of shouting: "no no no, do it like I showed you!"

No one will care. Get a friend to help you or ask a nice looking person if they could help you or give you a few pointers. Bonus points to asking a nice elderly person since old people need to socialize too and love telling people how to do things that worked for them

Find a cute girl to teach you

If that's a dude, I'm gay now.

You will look more stupid to yourself for giving a fuck how you look to other people, than you will ever actually look stupid to them.

Hope that helps.

This is bait

Trap poster need to fucking leave Veeky Forums u bunch of nu/tv/ poster who come straight from reddit.
Veeky Forums is a strictly straight board

Don't worry about what other people think of you. Probably like lesson number 1 in life

How do you get so far in life without learning to swim?

Cutie, how about I teach you how I breast stroke?

once in water, fear of public humiliation will be greater than fear of drowning

found some more senpai
imgur.com/a/evjMr

Lmao i was about to do the same.
Thanks anyway based poster

Swimming works nothing like what you said. In the basic crawl, you shoot your hand forward into the water, pull, lift your hand out of the water and repeat. It's more like climbing a wall than anything. The kick is done with fairly stiff legs up and down, each leg moving opposite the other. OP really just needs to take lessons if he's serious about doing it as a form of exercise.

>fell for the low bodyfat meme
LOL. Have fun never being good at anything except prancing about a stage.

8/10, would go swimming with.

Look, OP, your body will float on water if you just relax. People drown because they panic and do retarded shit. I've heard of people, Africans mostly, drowning in less than a foot water because they panic and start kicking and screaming like that'll help them. Start in the shallow end where you can stand up to your waist in water then just get comfortable in the water. Learn how to float and move yourself around. If you think you're going to sink, just stand up. Slowly move into deeper water and learn how to tread water to keep your head above water. Once you're comfortable being in the water you can start learning strokes and diving and whatever else you want to try.

>tfw no short hair qt gf

You probably looked stupid the first time you tried to deadlift, but you did it anyways.
Right?

Absolute retardation here

How to tread water, that's the hardest part

This man's got it correct. The best way to learn to swim is jump straight into the deep end, hold your breath and swim down to the bottom of the pool. Water getting on top of your head will activate your natural swimming ability.

Just do the movements that dogs do. From there it's easy to learn anything.

Drowning is a very common thing but yes this is a method that works for some

>hurr durr why you no certain skill in life hurr
t. 20 year old and think he got things figured out

(You)

I'm not him, I can swim better than you ever be but I'll turn your question around, how do you get so far in life without being able to dissemble a car engine and then putting it back together again whilst it still work?

I will never understand this meme. I've been able to swim since before I could even walk. Apparently the trick is to just chuck your baby in the pool and make sure they don't go under for too long, how have other nogs not figured it out?

that's how I was taught, but I was 5-6 years old and my dad would teach me and my siblings by pulling us to the deep part of a river and then let us go

we all flailed around a lot at first, but we learned fast

I genuinely don't understand how someone doesn't know how to swim. How is that even possible? How rare is it for someone to be unable to swim?

I learned how to do basic strokes as a kid and finally decided I wanted to commit to learning how not to drown at 22.
At 23 I did my first triathlon. I passed a lot of people on the bike and run, but I learned to the point of competence. Now I actually look forward to getting in the pool and meditating for a half hour

They have lessons for adults. Its very common for people to learn to swim as adults.

Your college probably has a class for people who can't swim my dude

Dude, you're an adult. Get in the water. move around. See what works. If you sink to the bottom, push off and try again.

Triathletes are faggots

OP check out swimming world mag or velopress for drill. keep your head neutral, like how you walk. If you lift your head forward, I will come and rape that tight boipussi of yours.

t. nation grand prix swimmer and 5yr swim coach.

I taught my friend to swim at the uni pool.

Start off in the 25m pool if there is one. Get a kick board, hold it outstretched in your arms, and do a lap just doing little kicks.

When you’re comfortable with that learn how to tread water. Get a friend to help if you need or consult youtube

bender fuck off

How the fuck are there people that don't know how to swim that are over the age of 10? We all thought the kids who didn't know how to swim were fucking retarded even in grade school since it's so fucking easy. Not knowing how to swim is as stupid as being afraid of dogs.

>trying on swimsuits in the store
is this an american thing?
gross

Why are you so mean? I don't have a pool.

>nipple piercings
right into the trash